Special Forces Civilian/PMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good mate

Thanks!

The hat looks much better and more original than another ordinary tacticool cap. All in all, great setups. i would like see the kitlist for first line - what is on the belt?

Here's a pic alone of my rig for the first and third pictures:

100_5655.jpg

Some random ACM tan belt, tan HSGI triple pistol mag pouch, tan Pantac (I think) Dump pouch, CB Flyye GP Pouch, I don't remember the brand of the lanyard and I think the double frag pouch is HSGI as well. I use those for a dead rag in one and my keys in the other :P

I wasn't really going for anything other than functionality which is why its kinda all over the place. I want to add a Smoke grenade pouch next to the pistol mag pouch because I have one of those gas canisters that look like a smoke grenade. That way I have an easy way to re-gas my pistol mags.

As for the LBT vest rig, I had another random belt without suspenders so I just attached it to the vest and called it good. This entire rig is a mismatch of kit in case you can't tell ;)

I was just messing around at first but turns out I kinda like it like this; it works perfect as an SMG rig for CQB.

100_5661.jpg

Very simple belt on this: I hacked a strap off of an OD drop leg I've had for years to make it ride higher so I could put the MP5 mag pouch on it. The frag pouch is for keys again. I'm trying to figure out if I should add anything else to the belt but I'm leaning towards no as this kit has everything I would need for a CQB game and I don't want to overload it just because I can. ;)

For hot weather I've settled on the Condor mesh baseball caps; everything else was too small for my 7 3/4" dome. HSGI makes an XL cap I haven't tried yet, but if the weather is too cool for mesh I just wear a fleece beanie like yours.

Hahaha, tactical trucker hats! Now I just need to cut the sleeves off of my shirt and I'll have a good redneck loadout :P I'm just messin, those hats seem very smart for summer! I about the same size noggin (7 5/8 to 7 3/4) but do those condor hats fit you ok? Because all the ones I've found look kinda shallow and generally not very big.

And thanks for the HSGI link, that should come in handy for days when it's too hot for the watchcap!

Whats wrong with the cap ? Around here people use it quite often :unsure:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the watchcap, its just that a lot of people feel all PMC loadouts need a hat instead. I can call it a colder weather kit :P

Crack, I'd invest in some black ranger plates for your SCAR. It just looks so out of place to have tan plates on a solid black gun :)

-Jake

I have some, they're on my Tan PMAGs :P You can see them behind my black mags in my rigs in the first and third pics. Those PMAGs are for my magpul rifle which I wanted the alternating colors to go with the rifle. I just used those mags for the SCAR cuz I was too lazy to go grab my all black PMAGs ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Urbina Industries Personal Airconditioning Unit MK.4 prototype, a Texas Cool Vest (http://www.texascoolvest.com/), and/or technical fabrics like those found in most higher end outdoor or tactical clothing.

In all honesty from working outside digging holes, the biggest thing I've found to help keep cool is drinking constantly. When you can spare a moment, take a swig (not a big one) of water hold it in your mouth for a few seconds and swallow, do this as often as possible until the game is over or you are out of water. If you run out, excuse yourself from the game and re-fill as priority #1.

I don't even know what a chigger is. :P

The most we get here is the occasional mozzie, and even then ours don't carry malaria.

Where do you live, I need to move there! I've had days where I'll come out of the woods picking 20 ticks off of me, with plenty more pulled off during the day, if there's tall grass it's chigger heaven.

meningoencephalitis

Lyme disease - Borrelia

Get vaccined and lots of Repelent !

Yup!

A family-member got Lyme without ever noticing any marks, tick got taken out etc. At first she had vague complaints like loss of stamina and went to the doctor, which dismissed her with the remark: "What do you want me to do, since you're just tired?"..

Couple of weeks later she just woke up with a half paralyzed face, limbs gone numb etc. Got treated with antibiotics, but some of the symptoms remained, she still has some numb spots on her hands, fingers and face. Seriously affected stamina aswell..

People tend to act upon it as "It wont happen to me, I've had ticks so many times", but in the end all it takes is one infected tick to cause some serious problems.. So take that *suitcase* seriously, when you get bitten, mark the spot and write down a date. If you get marks in that same spot within a certain amount of time, go to the doctor and get some antibiotics..

Do remember lyme also has lasting effects too that severely limit your mobility, especially during strenuous tasks. I have a friend who is a biologists that specializes in the disease woodland parasites carry. She's been collecting samples of ticks in SE Virginia, USA, and upwards of 60% carry hazardous diseases including lyme.

Archived