Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really liked the larger looking Eotechs to be honest, i much prefer the look of the 551 myself.

Be wary of that magnifier though, the mount on it is made from really cheapo metal and it breaks very quick.

I paid ~$200 for mine with shipping. Base price in HK should be around $120-140.

Also - potential heads up for other users:

1. The gearbox screw backed out on mine in transit, locking the stock in the folded position.

2. The 'bolt' is scraping along the inside right side of the lower receiver, shaving off a bit of plastic. I think I've figured out how to eliminate the problem, but it is a bit irksome nonetheless.

I think I'm gonna go with an EoTech 552 - it's the cheapest option for me at the moment.

Would Magpul's official PTS Masada include a modular barrel function like the real one is supposed to? Has Magpul even announced anything regarding a time when the PTS Masada will be out?

Errr...how would they do that? The inner barrel, the cylinder port will all have to change, wouldn't it?

Would Magpul's official PTS Masada include a modular barrel function like the real one is supposed to? Has Magpul even announced anything regarding a time when the PTS Masada will be out?

mags said he talked to sam at PTS and this is what he wrote

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...2970&st=300

post number 317. and again as mags said these are not promises but what they want to do.

The A&K Masada has the modular barrel. Take a look at Appslap's video. Pop a couple things lose, twist and pull and out comes the entire outer barrel assembly with hop-up.

On top of that, I suspect you can modify an M4 barrel to drop in to replace the existing barrel - I need to fiddle with it to confirm. If so, I can fabricate the rest of the parts easily and make a replacement assembly.

The A&K Masada has the modular barrel. Take a look at Appslap's video. Pop a couple things lose, twist and pull and out comes the entire outer barrel assembly with hop-up.

Its certainly does. :)

3215513304_1eeb71f90a.jpg

3214701923_c78afb6f1a.jpg

3215552424_3e4e875f7a.jpg

3214698209_9793275c7f.jpg

My masada was actually the first one in the country and it ha those QD mounts as you described, i have compared it with the later batch of masada's ( the ones in the stack i posted the pic of) and ive striped both too, I suspect someone was just told to stop wasting the QD mounts, because there are no other differences. :)

Sadly, using a one-point sling is a bit awkward... Tried using the QD mount at the foregrip and it's just too far south. I think I'm gonna rig up a nylon 'bridge' between the two QD mounts and run the one-point off of that.

You can take off one of the QD mounts that you wont need and mount it somewhere else, I moved one of mine to here.

3338947168_9ab28503c2_o.jpg

Any one notice this different ?

ACM

image236.png

Real one

masadasmall.jpg

look carefully on Hand guard

or look at this

ACM

____---____---____

---------------____---____---____

Real one

____---____---____

-----------____---____---____

anyway This one is mine

First V.2 gearbox in my house

cBpbbs892605-02.jpg

You can take off one of the QD mounts that you wont need and mount it somewhere else, I moved one of mine to here.

3338947168_9ab28503c2_o.jpg

Whoa! Trippy! I didn't realize that...

See also - are the body pins identical to G36 pins? It would be nice to have some spares! I mounted a G36 lower rail to mine and added an FDE MBUS, I'll get a new photo up.

Afton089.jpg

Took it out for a day of fun. Aside from downgrading the spring to an M110, all I did otherwise was to swap the hopup nub for a Systema hard nub. I need to drop and H-nub in though, the range was nice but wasn't quite enough for my tastes. Otherwise, this is an AWESOME replica and very skirmish friendly. With the suppressor on it's VERY long, but the gun is also very very quiet.

Archived