Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the question of the hour.

Perhaps MI has worked out some sort of arrangement to pay royalties to MagPul while rebranding the A&K offering. Maybe A&K didn't have the capital to do that initially, but now have a backer.

Whose to say. I'm speculating at the most.

Hi,

Are you sure for the G&G SR25 Nozzle?

The original plastic nozzle of the ACR is very long and the G&G SR25 nozzle seem to be similar to the M4 series, no?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...25RGB_srch_SR25

The one you linked is the G&P not G&G if you search for GR25 you get this

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...7-003_srch_GR25

As you can see a long longer

Andy's Airsoft is UK based, correct? I'd imagine that there is limited recourse for MagPul PTS in the UK. PTS could, however, go after the supplier of Andy's or any shops based in Hong Kong (?).

Monda is based out of Taiwan, where Magpul PTS apparently has no sway.

Spooky - G&P made two SR25 gearboxes. One was long in the front, the other relied simply on a longer nozzle. G&G copied the longer nozzle (I believe CA did too), and A&K copied those.

I finally got mine after sitting in customs for almost 16 days! So far really pleased with the quality. I just wish it had a shorter barrel.

Shot next to Magpul to show comparison, but too cloudy of a day to see the difference in color.

IMG_1090.JPG

Plastic I serious thought about doing it. I just dont know anyone who could re-thread it. Ill wait to see if they release any parts for this down the road. Would love to have a CQB length barrel to change out to considering how easy it is to take out the barrel. I know Monda is making one. Just need to see if will work with the A&K version. Better yet, who knows...maybe A&K will decide to do their own.

Is that the Mondo ACR you got?

Should have just waited for the PTS one like I am, it will definitly come out sometime in a distant future...

Mondo ACR? It's the A&K (China) ACR. I'm also waiting for the PTS version. My Magpul contact has informed me they expect around June this year, though I expect a few more delays. They are currently working on the custom gearbox it will house. I picked up the A&K just out of curiosity's sake.

Mondo ACR? It's the A&K (China) ACR. I'm also waiting for the PTS version. My Magpul contact has informed me they expect around June this year, though I expect a few more delays. They are currently working on the custom gearbox it will house. I picked up the A&K just out of curiosity's sake.

Same here, only problem is, I live to far away from HK :(

The hopup nub is too soft for the stock velocity, but there's another problem - the hopup adjustment arm doesn't press deep enough. I had to shim the arm with a piece of a business card for it to work, but now it works perfectly. Dropped an h-hop nub in it and it was ranging very nicely this past Saturday.

Swapped out the motor for a Guarder ITU, much better response.

Looks very similar to my setup, I like it a lot! Did you use the MOE rails for the 6 and 9 o'clock positions?

Yes, the MOE rails and those were the only side positions I could get to fit. I would prefer the side rails longer and further towards the back, but that'll have to do for now.

Archived