Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The hopup nub is too soft for the stock velocity, but there's another problem - the hopup adjustment arm doesn't press deep enough. I had to shim the arm with a piece of a business card for it to work, but now it works perfectly. Dropped an h-hop nub in it and it was ranging very nicely this past Saturday.

Swapped out the motor for a Guarder ITU, much better response.

What was yours chrono'ing at? all the ones ive seen have been between 290-310fps on .2g. i found the hopup to be perfect really, soft is what you want with sub 1J. I still replaced it though and installed a Gaurder Clear and a Madbull Barrel.

:)

470 out of the box!

jeez that cant be healthy for the gearbox. all the ones ive seen where all sub 1J.

It came labeled as a sub 1j gearbox, but it definitely wasn't... O_O I think I'm gonna downgrade mine to below 1j because I don't really want to risk cracking the gearbox and buggering the hopup.

470 out of the box!

jeez that cant be healthy for the gearbox. all the ones ive seen where all sub 1J.

The reason for sub 1J: I believe it is because there's too much air leaking out of the poorly designed hop-up. I'm working on a custom metal hop-chamber for it. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of thought put into designing a better-working nozzle/hop-up system. Understanding that the V2 gearbox is at the wrong offset to feed from the magwell, I would've used a system much more similar to the M4 Mag-G36 adaptor System. If any of you know what I'm talking about, you'll know what I mean.

Looks very similar to my setup, I like it a lot! Did you use the MOE rails for the 6 and 9 o'clock positions?

Sorry PlasticMag, I'm sure you've posted your Masada setup somewhere in these 18 pages but I can't seem to find it, can you repost some updated pictures of yours? Thanks.

I'm not loosing air on mine? Checked for air loss, with an Element MS115 it's putting out around 400fps with 2.g BBs and a silent piston head.

I'm going to experiment a few things with mine to see if I can get the results I want with the current setup. I'm afraid the extended nozzle will also have issues with speed. Keep you guys updated.

doesn't the mondo or whatever only come in black i want to get the FDE version

From what I know, the A&K ACR only comes in FDE (ACM FDE no doubt!). Anyone have any comments about the colour of their Masada? It's a lot darker than the Magpul FDE as you can see from my pics (the PMAG is a real steel PMAG, so you can compare the colour). Oh well, still satisfied!

Waterloo also has pictures of a black one, so I suspect that they were planning on releasing one but Magpul PTS (in their inestimable wisdom) decided to try to tighten the screws.

uscmCorp's defense of PTS aside, at least Magpul and A&K have actually produced something. I'd buy a PTS Masada in a heartbeat if I felt they'd actually make one.

Anyone have any comments about the colour of their Masada? It's a lot darker than the Magpul FDE as you can see from my pics (the PMAG is a real steel PMAG, so you can compare the colour). Oh well, still satisfied!

Only slightly darker then Magpuls FDE, but still in a good way. I actually like the color better. My Magpul Pmags look right at home, and you can hardly see the difference in color. I have the first Chinese Pmag clones, and that color was WAY off. Atleast this is closer.

Also, I will buy a Magpul PTS as well when or if it does come out. This is something to tinker with in the meantime.

Waterloo also has pictures of a black one, so I suspect that they were planning on releasing one but Magpul PTS (in their inestimable wisdom) decided to try to tighten the screws.

uscmCorp's defense of PTS aside, at least Magpul and A&K have actually produced something. I'd buy a PTS Masada in a heartbeat if I felt they'd actually make one.

I would too! Just that it takes them WAY too long to get their act together LOL... You snooze, you lose!

My Magpul buddy says they will launch the PTS Masada in June/July this year. But with a "masada-only" gearbox (custom to fit), so perhaps the V2 ACM is a better deal in the long term? But personally, I'll be buying the PTS version anyhow, so my ACM Masada is just my temporary fix. :)

I would too! Just that it takes them WAY too long to get their act together LOL... You snooze, you lose!

My Magpul buddy says they will launch the PTS Masada in June/July this year. But with a "masada-only" gearbox (custom to fit), so perhaps the V2 ACM is a better deal in the long term? But personally, I'll be buying the PTS version anyhow, so my ACM Masada is just my temporary fix. :)

Considering they said at the shot show that they were waiting on Bushmaster to finish working on the real steel before they started working on the airsoft version i find that unlikely.. esp if they are creating a bespoke gearbox

Considering they said at the shot show that they were waiting on Bushmaster to finish working on the real steel before they started working on the airsoft version i find that unlikely.. esp if they are creating a bespoke gearbox

Is the real steel Bushmaster ACR not out yet? I thought it was. Anyhow, that's what I'm told, believe it or not.

Archived