Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

OK so today i compared the airsoft magpul grips with the real .sorrey my phone was out of battery so no pics. the PTS grips were tan and the real ones were black but the polymer felt almost exactly the same the colors were difrent so that may have had somthing to do with it. i could not say wich is a better polymer they r both equal. so for all u who say PTS is a lesser product. i ask have u compared the two side by side? they r almost exactly the same. it is like trying to tell the difrence between two cokes bought at the same store at the same time.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snip

everyone knows this already.

Go follow a course of comprehensible reading.

I said licensed for airsoft use. You said knock off.

uscmCorp and watase already explained the rest.

as for the product.

"Magpul" is in the name "Magpul PTS". It's a commercial link.

They wouldn't let a company use their name let alone let them license their products, if the quality of the licensed product was bad.

Unless we check both products in a lab, we won't know what it's made of.

Magpul won't tell us. If I were them, I wouldn't either.

Its a really nice polymer, it feels very much like the Magpul Miad grips and stocks. Only the lower reciever is polymer though, the upper is metal.

I;m gonna tap the barrel on mine later and make the CQC version, i think thats the only thing this rifle is missing. :)

I would like to mention that customs does most often "beat the *suitcase* out of AEG boxes"...at least they really do here in Hawaii. Once I ordered an M4 AEG from RSOV and the following was done to the box and its' contents:

- Box was slashed open with a box cutter with a large "X" cut

- Styrofoam was broken into 7 large chunks and many small ones

- The bag for my instructions was slashed so deeply that the manual was shredded

- The battery and charger look like they had been thrown in the box (like someone took it out and used it)

- My orange flash hider's paint was scored deeply with a box cutter

- The included bag of (garbage) BBs was strewn across the box

- Then all these bits were placed inside a large brown sheet of paper and haphazardly taped EVERYWHERE with green tape

This makes me never want to order from overseas again...

Onto the AEG...

Has anyone tried to switch out the hopup? Is it M4 compatible?

I really hope that MagPul is smart and either innovates a really decent hopup or uses an existing one that is really good...the clone one sounds like it is really good!

Onto the AEG...

Has anyone tried to switch out the hopup? Is it M4 compatible?

I really hope that MagPul is smart and either innovates a really decent hopup or uses an existing one that is really good...the clone one sounds like it is really good!

It may be, but why switch it? It's very solid as is. If anything, the only hopup I could see it being swapped with is the SR25 hopup.

You kidding? A&K's already losing money on this one since they can't sell officially at retailers.

That's fine.

What's preventing another company making them and being able to sell them through retailers? Magpul already lets their name get put on other airsoft stuff, how is this different?

i dont think the hopup are m4 compatible, its a two pice like the g36..........but ok, if you use the old TM M4 twopice m4 hopup..maybe, but how use that one today?

And as PlasticMag said...the masada hopup is great! so why bother.

Its not an M4 compatible hopup im afraid, it appears to be unique to this rifle and its similar in design to for instance, a VFC AK74.

The rubber is standard though. I dont see why you would want to change this hop to be honest, this one is perfectly good as it is. :)

The proprietary hop-up unit is a deal killer for me. Not only is it difficult to get this "contraband" rifle, but who knows if replacement parts will ever become readily available.

Having had my plastic hop-up unit break on my ICS, I'd hate to have the same thing happen, but on a gun that has no replacement parts.

I wouldnt compare it to ICS parts, the hopup in those is complete ######. better off converting them for a regular L shaped one.

PlasticMag: I have a 3x Acog on mine at the moment but i think the eotech suits its design much more. I ordered this from tacticalgeardepot, hasn't arrived yet put i'll post a pic when it does. :)

http://www.apextacpro.com/product_info.php...products_id=315

Full%20adjust%20551%20DE%202.jpg

Archived