Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things:

-Pinion gear on mine had no set screw holding it, just glue. Yikes.

-Charging handle is reversible if you pull out the spring mechanism (grey block on inside of upper receiver). Swapping sides doesn't affect function.

Downgraded it to an MS110, dropped an Element silent head set in, and an Element h-hop nub. I'll get back to everyone with how it performs after Saturday.

*edit - also swapped out the cheap spring guide for an Area1000 guide. The cylinder is VERY nice quality, but the cylinderhead was a little loose and caused air loss.

Disneyland.

I put it all back together and now the motor starts to turn but the gearbox is locked up. Great. Time to gingerly re-open the lower receiver and pull the box out. Also planning to replace the motor with a Guarder IFTU, just because I've wanted to have one for awhile and a choice option came my way.

Well they got it to work on the TM AUG after all....

Sorry not familiar with the TM AUG. So with that model U can really change the outer barrel, inner barrel, and cylinder (to match the inner barrel) without opening up the mechbox? Wow! That'll be really cool! 'cos the only weapon I know that can do that is the SystemA PTW (where you could change the barrels and pop in/out the cylinder unit).

No, that's not what I mean. I've modded my AEGs before and I've made my own P90 with a 247mm barrel, and a "sniper" version with 420mm inner barrel.

The impression I had with the post about the Masada being able to change the outer barrel that easily but what I'm saying is what about the inner barrel and cylinder? That needs to be changed too and that's not something that you can do in the field like a RS assault rifle.

The only AEG I know that you can change "easily" in the field is the SystemA PTW where you could change the outer barrel (& inner barrel) and the cylinder unit which is separate from the (lower) mechbox.

Cos it would be really cool to have an AEG where you can just bring different length barrels and swap out in the field/(or game).

Sorry not familiar with the TM AUG. So with that model U can really change the outer barrel, inner barrel, and cylinder (to match the inner barrel) without opening up the mechbox? Wow! That'll be really cool! 'cos the only weapon I know that can do that is the SystemA PTW (where you could change the barrels and pop in/out the cylinder unit).

you cant change the cylinder on the AUG without opening the GB, only outer and inner barrels, and hopup. but ive read/ seen people change the barrels on it from normal to either para barrels, or the LSW/H-bar barrels without changing cylinders.

Please! Please!

Stop asking! No one is selling this rifle openly!

If you e-mail around you might be able to find retailers who might stock it covertly and who might be willing to sell you one, maybe.

The answer to the questions is, as mentioned above, Disneyland.

back on topic

Anyone know if Appslapp is planning on posting his video of the internals any time soon?

Plasticmag, you planning on giving us a run-down of the gun? As far as I'm aware no one has done a comprehensive review!

Not just Disneyland is selling them. Just need to poke around and you will find a place. No one wants to say where, because we dont wish for them to get in any legal trouble.

Sadly my order for my Masada has been sitting in customs since the 8th. I pray they havent caught on, or questioning the gun. I bought a bunch of other items, but nothing with trades, nor anything that would normally be questioned. So makes me wonder whats holding it. Im sure Im gonna end up with duty charges if anything. Bastards...

the recent batches of Masada's have been shipped without magazines, i presume because the mag is the only part with trade marks. they do include them in a seperate packaging though.

as for quick change barrels, you do not need to change the cylinder. this is only the case when going from a really short barrel to a really long one. provided the extra barrel length isnt huge then you'll be able to use it no problems. the reason being that shorter barrels are ported to match the cylinders volume to the approximate volume of barrel.

Plasticmag, you planning on giving us a run-down of the gun? As far as I'm aware no one has done a comprehensive review!

Actually, yes - I'm working on one right now but I wanted to skirmish it to try it out with different magazines et al first. I'm going to break out the camera when I check some parts in the gearbox and take some detailed photos.

Because "Someone" will eventually leak it.

plus it would be very easy for someone from magpul to PM someone that has one, wouldn t it?

Its been pointed out how to get one far too many times already, the only excuse for asking is your laziness to read.

Thanks a lot Appslapp, on a lighter note it seems Monda International will be releasing Masada goodness :)

James from Monda International sent in news that replica of ACR (Advanced Combat Rifle) is already available. Dealer inquiries welcome:

We are offer ACR series AEG now. The Black color are first to be available in the market..

Dealer inquire welcome!

http://picasaweb.google.com.tw/monda.inter...OSUi6u4iK3mvQE#

MI ACR

Color: Black and FDE

Cal.: 6mm

Velocity: 400fps

Material:

Upper: Aluminum CNC

Lower: Polymer

Handguard:

Folding Stock:

Battery Type: Marui small type 8.4 or 9.6 battery.

The CQC short barrel and Rail System Handguard and more will be release soon. I will keep you update.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.

Regards,

James Tai

MONDA INTERNATIONAL

Archived