Redhawk

Revolver Picture Thread

Tanaka M629 Performance Center V-Comp.

M629PCV-Comp1.jpg

M629PCV-Comp2.jpg

I got this second hand from a friend of mine and while it doesn't have the non-fluted cylinder, I prefer it this way.

-Piano

Got this 2nd hand tanaka the other day .Its a bit beat up with its broke rear site, I can let that go though as its awesome .Great to skirmish ,I want more :D

You'd find that real S&W sights will fit. You'd need to slightly enlarge the hole for the spring and ball bearing though as you'd need to use the original ones.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_759652_-1_757839_757837_image

You'd find that real S&W sights will fit. You'd need to slightly enlarge the hole for the spring and ball bearing though as you'd need to use the original ones.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_759652_-1_757839_757837_image

Cool ,cheers :)

M629PerformanceCenterV-CompBlue.jpg

Posted originally in the Artistic Airsoft thread, but it deserves to be here too. I like the wooden grips more than the Hogues that came with the M629 originally.

-Piano

Custom paint job and hand polishing on my Tanaka M29 Performance Centre.

Went for a slightly textured satin finish to offset the metal work.

4890907663_f70d55f061.jpg

Tanaka M29 Performance Center by road_dancer, on Flickr

4891480584_f1596aefcf.jpg

4890901083_81e2259bab.jpg

4890902535_03fdcb8245.jpg

Thats pretty much exactly how I like modern revolvers to look. Unfluted cylinders for the win. Nice one :).

Edited by p.briden

Thanks! I wouldn't have had the guts to do it if the original finish hadn't been so scratched up *laughs*

I love my revolvers, I'll be getting some shots of my Tanaka Umbrella Magnum tomorrow :)

*edit* Ooooooo! That's lovely Londo!

Edited by Road_Dancer

Creation CNC alu m29 kit Tanaka m629 performance center based (new edition)

swm29.jpg

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the hopup or does it have fixed hop? Now bb's even with .30 fly everywhere...

That's beautiful. One of these days I'll get around to making my M29 metal.

As far as the hop-up goes, I believe that my M29, which is the middle version (the super old school have no flow resticter and a large gas opening. Mine has a large gas opening but was then retrofitted with a brass flow restricter so it only shoots 330-350) did have a simple hop-up mech that was adjustable via an allen key. I'm not sure if the newer models are the same way though since they may have made changes when they de-rated the gas system even further.

Hows the power of the newest versions? When you fitted the kit did you look to see if you could bore out a larger gas opening to get the power back up to where it should be?

Nope just fitted it, did not tried to bore out anything, and I have no fps meter...

The kit is super nice, beautiful glossy finish.

Some better pics

m29b.jpg

m29o.jpg

Tanaka Colt Detective Special with Creation kit & wood grips

That is a thing of pure beauty.

All it needs now for company is a pint of whiskey and an ashtray full of butts :) or have I been watching too much film noir again.....

Not too exciting, but my Wingun 4".  Modded a PDI 6.01 barrel and a hop up into it, but otherwise it's stock.  Holster is Blue Hawk Trading Post brand.

100_0383.jpg

100_0386.jpg