Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, but I have a feeling that my Charger will beat it in a race.  A friend of mine has one of these in Green.  Of course, they're much more expensive in the US as opposed to the UK, so I'm not sure they're worth the money over here.  Still a nice car tho.

i nearly died laughing

yes in a straight line you would win quite easily

around a track no way in hell

unless the stupid k-series went tits up

i nearly died laughing

yes in a straight line you would win quite easily

around a track no way in hell

unless the stupid k-series went tits up

Yeah, the most expensive EVO (over $60,000) can keep up with a Lambo on a track (no joke), but is beaten by rental cars in straight line races. Top Gear showed it.

Yeah, the most expensive EVO (over $60,000) can keep up with a Lambo on a track (no joke), but is beaten by rental cars in straight line races. Top Gear showed it.

In the US, we don't need to worry about tight turning and handling, because we have straight streets that go on for miles, not like the small, winding streets like in Europe.

In the US, we don't need to worry about tight turning and handling, because we have straight streets that go on for miles, not like the small, winding streets like in Europe.

They're there.... You have to know where to look. ;)

I'm glad I live in Nor Cal

Edited by liquidflorian

Thats funny... ever been to Fairfax, VA? Long open roads aren't in particular abundance, except on the parkways where our over bountiful cops reside. :P

Thats funny... ever been to Fairfax, VA? Long open roads aren't in particular abundance, except on the parkways where our over bountiful cops reside.  :P

True, but American cars don't handle poorly either as the misconception goes. Well, I take it back, the Mustang handles liek ###### and so does the Comaro and Impala, but my father owns a ZO6 Vette, and that thing is awesome (well, he's earned it, the guy just turned 56 and he's wanted one all his life). While my Charger can corner pretty well (and drift really well too, but that's another story for another time... :P ), his ZO6 handles only slightly worse than the Elise I drove when I was looking for my car (yes, we finally got a Lotus Dealer in NC, it's awesome!). American cars don't all handle like grocery carts.

So I've read through the thread a little bit and saw there are quite a few bike owners... Well, I was interested in getting one, since my parents are so convinced that I should sell my Si, since I'll be moving off to college in two weeks...

Anyway, I'd really like to have a form of transportation to zip around town and to get back home to play at some events (and to visit family i guess ^_^). Thus, a bike (or maybe a vespa, scooter whatever...) would be perfect. Though I'd really like a crotch rocket since I'm a ricer (and asian tee hee :D) anyway... Any recommendations?

True, but American cars don't handle poorly either as the misconception goes.  Well, I take it back, the Mustang handles liek ###### and so does the Comaro and Impala, but my father owns a ZO6 Vette, and that thing is awesome (well, he's earned it, the guy just turned 56 and he's wanted one all his life).  While my Charger can corner pretty well (and drift really well too, but that's another story for another time... :P ), his ZO6 handles only slightly worse than the Elise I drove when I was looking for my car (yes, we finally got a Lotus Dealer in NC, it's awesome!).  American cars don't all handle like grocery carts.

Oh I know, I own a Ford Focus "sport" and it handles just as well as the imports. But for the bigger size cars it used to be very true (until the past few years that is). I'm hoping I can upgrade to a black Mustang next summer. :D

add,

Who built it? What kind of motor is that anyway? Could you tell me more about the front fork (or whatever it is).

everyone else,

American cars and Asian imports are, IMO, fairly equivalent in handling and response. European cars, however, generally handle better than the other two. In the past two years though things have begun to change, American and Asian car manufacturers have done a better job improving ride quality and handling. Keep in mind that these opinions are based on vehicles readily available in the US.

What are you talking about? The one I took off of my Expedition was only 225 lbs.

Uh-oh, you better report that, sounds like you got a lemon :P I noted that ten year old Mazda 626's with no options also tend to eat transmissions like cheese. They also come with 5 lbs of C4 (Ford decided to step it up for the Japanese cars). So glad that car is long gone! :rolleyes: