USMC Loadouts

Misfit

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kind of gear does SRT use? FSBE? Grunt-issue? Some kind of special gear? I am kind of curious

From what I gathered they are now issued the FSBE kit.

For an early OIF kit (Like, the push to Baghdad, crossing the Diyala, etc), would ALICE IFAKs be more prevalent than a MOLLE one?

I would think so, it would be pushing it to have the coyote MOLLE one, but I doubt anyone would know the difference.

090404-M-6159T-053.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jonathon Mathews, a team leader with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security April 4, 2009, during a local security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090404-M-6159T-038.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Shandon Wilson, a rifleman with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security April 4, 2009, during a local security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090404-M-6159T-033.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Joshua Brown, an assaultman with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security April 4, 2009, during a local security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090404-M-6159T-006.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Cpl. Raymond Robinson, a squad leader with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, signals his radio operator April 4, 2009, during a local security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090403-M-6159T-128.jpg

U.S. Marines with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, take cover in a wadi from a controlled detonation April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. This operation brings Now Zad closer to re-establishing an Afghan-led government. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090403-M-6159T-055_3_.jpg

U.S. Marines with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintain security as fellow Marines assess damage at an impact area April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan.

090403-M-6159T-107.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Sgt. Daniel Hubbert, a squad leader with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security as his Marines assess damage at an impact area April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. This operation brings Now Zad closer to re-establishing an Afghan-led government. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090403-M-6159T-097.jpg

U.S. Marines with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, assess the damage from an air strike April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan.

090404-M-6159T-058.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jonathon Mathews, a team leader with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security April 4, 2009, during a security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan

090404-M-6159T-019.jpg

U.S. Marines with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, conduct a local security patrol April 4, 2009, in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan

090404-M-6159T-045.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dan Guilbert, a rifleman with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security April 4, 2009, during a local security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan.

090404-M-6159T-052.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jonathon Mathews, a team leader with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, looks at a map April 4, 2009, during a local security patrol in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan.

090403-M-6159T-136_2_.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Cpl. James Kettenger, a rifleman with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, maintains security April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. This operation brings Now Zad closer to re-establishing an Afghan-led government. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

090403-M-6159T-168.jpg

U.S. Marines with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, patrol through a wadi April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan.

090403-M-6159T-007.jpg

U.S. Marine Corps Sgt. Daniel Hubbert, a squad leader with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, looks out a window April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan

090403-M-6159T-184.jpg

U.S. Marines with Company L, 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, patrol through an empty marketplace April 3, 2009, during an operation in the abandoned village of Now Zad in the Helmand Province of Afghanistan. Residents have left their homes in fear for their lives from the strong presence of the enemies of Afghanistan. This operation brings Now Zad closer to re-establishing an Afghan-led government. The 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, is the ground combat element of Special Purpose Marine Air Ground Task Force - Afghanistan. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Cpl. Pete Thibodeau/Released)

610xg.jpg

they have returned to use because the the lack of need for the Anti-Tank AT4, and the fact that they are much lighter and compact. they are mainly for soft targets, while the M136 AT4 is for anti-tank roles.

-Joe

And they are really freaking cheap, and reusable in the later version right?

Joe, PM inc about MCCUU's...

I've been looking around, and I can't seem to find decent pictures or kit lists of PPI MTVs.

The PANTAC MTV is staring me in the face and looks very tempting.

It looks decent enough, but maybe when it is loaded down with gear and ammo you will suffer the same problem that grunts do with the real MTV.

Heh, 4 days remaining and not guarenteed to win either. The sooner I can get these the better. And by the end of those 4 days they will probably be up around 40$ + shipping for bottoms and 40$+ shipping for tops when I can get the Propper ACU cut for 20$ cheaper.

As to local surplus stores, the local surplus stores here only carry TruSpec no issued or used MCCUU's. There was one I guess that had used MCCUU's but they were all XS L, S L, and M-L for sizes so way to small for my lard *albartroth* :) I really dont mind the ACU Cut Propper stuff, my woodland has held up outstandinly and performs well so I think I'll just go that route again to save headache. Not 100% accurate, but it gets the job done.

EDIT:

Found a blouse if someone knows of a place that has the trouser for cheap (authentic) in XL-L let me know and I'll jump on the blouse.

Ah, yes there is that... I'm actually in the same boat as you, I've been trying to locate some desert ones before this weekend for a game and the only buy it nows I've been able to find have put me over $100 and my local surplus only has the Truspecs for about the same price, yay.

In other news, this thread has made me spend some more money on gear; bought a CB MBSS that I'm still waiting for :D

By the way Fatal, those pics rock.

I know this was briefly discussed in the old thread.

I recently purchased an SDS (now Eclipse) dumper, and I don't see what all the complaining was about. Its a really nice dump pouch. No issues with it mounted on my belt. Way better then the POS BDS I had been using or the Specter Gear I had used.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question that has been answered many times before but as I'm really just an interested observer of this thread I've no idea of the answer.

Basically I was wondering which make of rifle sling is issued for use with USMC M4s?

Thanks guys.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question that has been answered many times before but as I'm really just an interested observer of this thread I've no idea of the answer.

Basically I was wondering which make of rifle sling is issued for use with USMC M4s?

Thanks guys.

Some of the other Marines will have to answer this for their respective units, but in my unit people who were not issued the Individual Assault Kit (which includes the FSBE II system) were issued a 3 point Blackhawk sling. Since the M4 is not exactly issued to everyone, it may be that the slings issued with them vary unit from unit. I dunno about other units

I know this was briefly discussed in the old thread.

I recently purchased an SDS (now Eclipse) dumper, and I don't see what all the complaining was about. Its a really nice dump pouch. No issues with it mounted on my belt. Way better then the POS BDS I had been using or the Specter Gear I had used.

Not briefly but on 2 pages and I got permission to keep it although nobody here liked it. :D

I field-tested it now and it works just fine. Just find it a little big, but then again I don't really need a dumper. It's just to complete the USMC impression.

Archived