Airsoft Baker Rifle Project finished

FMJ.

I will be taking it to combat south at some point and see if I can get a kill with it :).

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be your kill! A full day of putting myself in positions where I am likely to be shot, sounds fun!

Wings :detective2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give the site owners a ring first. Seeing as you have to manually load each round into the barrel, they would probably give some slack.. it's not as if you can hose people with it...

true, i know they spoil peoples 400pfs + sniper fun by restricting them to the same fps as AEGs though, however if its simple to swap springs then its a non issue. ;)

true, i know they spoil peoples 400pfs + sniper fun by restricting them to the same fps as AEGs though, however if its simple to swap springs then its a non issue. ;)

True but sniper rifles are bolt loaded and no where near as awesome as your baker rifle. Harper's Volley gun next?

Very nice job FMJ.

How (and when) is the BB loaded, didn't see it mentioned :unsure:

Watch the video!!!

Ram the powder (or ram to charge the spring) put in ball (BB) ram again fire.

Obviously there is no powder to poor in at the begining, and the flash pan is non functional, but still.

WOW WOW WOW

This is fantastically awesome. i have been working on a gas flintlock pistol for some time, this has encoraged me greatly :D.

Cue some Zulu quotes...

Huh? The Baker was long out of service by Zulu Wars. Both the British forces and Zulus used Martini Henry breech loading rifles during the siege of Rorke's Drift (The Zulu's had captured their from the British during an earlier attack)

Sharpe quotes are what's needed when using the Baker rifle, not to mention a 95th Rifles uniform!

What you need to do with this is talk in a sheffield accent, get off with a bit of crumpet in a corset and kick some French *albartroth*!

(No offence to any French airsofters across the channel who read this, its just a very Sharpe thing to do).

Edit: Ive just looked up and seen my copy of Mark Urban's Rifles book... it must be fate!

Dave

In the days of Napoleon, the measure of a British soldier was the ability to fire three rounds per minute in any weather. With today's modern equipment, this has changed. It's now the ability to clear three stoppages per minute in any weather...

My mouth was half way resembling a frown when you mentioned "V2 AEG gearbox" at the start, but quickly reversed itself after further mention of lopping the motor and gear bits off. Hats off to you sir, I doubt anyone here has thought of doing it the way you did (several similar builds have spawn and died trying to make ends meet using a gas system).

Huh? The Baker was long out of service by Zulu Wars. Both the British forces and Zulus used Martini Henry breech loading rifles during the siege of Rorke's Drift (The Zulu's had captured their from the British during an earlier attack)

Sharpe quotes are what's needed when using the Baker rifle, not to mention a 95th Rifles uniform!

Wrong rifle i'm afraid, it's a martini henry not a baker rifle .45 calibre miracle. Same guts behind the bayonet though ;)

-Matt

Yeah, yeah, I know it's from the wrong era for Zulu, but I've never watched Sharpe :P

I was thinking primarily of the ranked (or tiered) firing tactics seen in Zulu.

They would have done the same with muzzle loaders wouldn't they? :unsure:

I've often wondered about doing something like this, but with a simplified bolt action mechanism, pulling the piston back from the rear.

The difficulty would be making a telescoping pull-rod that was thin enough to fit through a (modified) spring guide, but I reckon it'd be doable.

Archived