AGM Gas-Blowback M4

j3T

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully these manufacturers have the brains to standardize on a single type of magazine.

This has been my crusade from the start. For GBBR's to be commonplace so too do their magazines - with interchangeability remaining key. So far we have two gas in mag designs, the WA and WE type... the Western Arms of course being my preference and it seems to be finally coming out on top. WA, GHK, PGC, AMG and Bomber making know magazines currently with JG and DBoys apparently on the way should only prove more success for the WA as the 'standard' magazine type.

Hopefully these manufacturers have the brains to standardise on a single type of magazine.

tbh provided they retain same valve pin position, valve spring strength and outlet seal, so they can function in each others models, I'd be willing to see variety in the overall internal designs

eg GHKs mags are a fair bit different from WA's original ones in terms of construction but do seem to be working quite well for most folks

its not the mag thats different, its the design in the rifle.....WA and WE are fundematally different system, just like in pistol TM and WA 1911 aren't the same......soon if KJW/Tanio Koba's M4 comes out, we'll have yet another system.....

well thats a given when it comes to different systems not a lot can be done there (other than vainly trying to perusade them all to go for one standardised mag body with interchangeable tops) Was more regarding the various chinese WA derivatives currently springing up - if they start doing a mm or two longer feed here or slightly shorter valve release there then it gets really silly :)

Because the current interest is predominantly in gas in mag armalite assault rifles not gas in mag MP5s. If you're a stack em high sell em cheap clone manufacturer you go where the biggest numbers are first, particularly if you're branching out into an area of the business you've never been before.

Can't they make something else besides M4s and M16 varients. <_< How about changing it up to like maybe an MP5. If Systema did it, come on anybody can.

Remember, these are CLONES....if no one did the R&D work, they won't be making it. Because they don't design and develop, they COPY and STEAL exisiting designs.....

You'll need to wait til someone who make a GBB MP5, sell it for $500, then after people who have finished complaining about the prices and they don't work, and clones will pop out....

you could probably get the GSG-5 design and make a gbb. The bolt is propelled by a .22 cal. The barrel is 6mm (.22 cal). It would be perfect, but yeah I see your point start with basics when branching into unknown waters.

How come the YE MP5 or any of those were ever cloned?

its not the mag thats different, its the design in the rifle.....WA and WE are fundematally different system, just like in pistol TM and WA 1911 aren't the same......soon if KJW/Tanio Koba's M4 comes out, we'll have yet another system.....

Hate to rain on your parade but the magazines are different. Entirely different.

I'd love to see the WA style platform adopted as the 'standard' for GBBRs. That KA looks like it uses a similar bolt system to the WA, which can only be a good thing.

I just bought one too......

don't be surprised if it doesn't ship asap,

"26 May In stock"

it would be awesome if the receivers were compatible with WA/G&P, then i'd get one.

I'm satisfied with my WE for now though,

Whew! looks like the Chinese really like the WA GBB system! I'd still rather get the Rifle from say, G&P, BUT I bet they'll also make Dboys/JG/AGM magazines. And those might be very attractively priced

DBoys is not making any M4 Gas model with blowback as of now, just asked so this is horse ###### ;)

To EVERYONE saying you need trillions and gazillions of upgrades to make a WA work consistently with propane: I'm calling BS.

I have a WA. I'm using propane. All I changed internally, is the hop-up chamber (got a Ra-Tech aluminium one), the inner barrel (Ra-Tech/PDI, have two), and G&P seals for mags. My stock bolt stop didn't even ###### out on me yet. I've been skirmishhing for over a year with it. Lets say I got lucky with the bolt stop (which I'm sure is the case). All you need to get a reliable propane useable WA is:

-reinforced hop-up chamber

-steel bolt stop

-G&P seals

3 simple upgrades is not "TRAZILLIONS OF UPGRADES, OMFG, SO SH**TY PLATEFORME"!

If this clone WA is hald decent, pop in those three upgrades, you'll have something that'll work. Eventually, if the bolt carrier groupe is sh*te, change it too. That's still only 4 upgrades, and not the most expensive ones...

I can confirm there are more clones coming. JG, Well and A&K are also working on a WA/G&P clone.

Btw, ebaybanned ships all his goods via standard Air mail without insurance and no tracking number (it's just a registration number). That's one of the reasons why it can take ages and is hard to trace. Stupid imo, because for just about US$20 more you get the so-called Speedpost delivery with insurance, tracking no. and fast delivery within 5 days.

I can confirm there are more clones coming. JG, Well and A&K are also working on a WA/G&P clone.

Btw, ebaybanned ships all his goods via standard Air mail without insurance and no tracking number (it's just a registration number). That's one of the reasons why it can take ages and is hard to trace. Stupid imo, because for just about US$20 more you get the so-called Speedpost delivery with insurance, tracking no. and fast delivery within 5 days.

when ebaybanned started about a year ago they used speedpost, I guess it became a bit too expensive now.

They should really have an option to buy with speedpost shipping and one to buy without.

Yay, now I don't have to spend about 800bucks to get a GBB setup again!

Archived