Having 2 HPC w/cummerbunds, both pre-MSA, and they have elastics.

Can you please post pics of your HPC? Description is interesting.

HPC don't have side sapi.

On the SF pics you've posted, you can tell it's a HPC over a SOHPC cause SOHPC have buckles on the shoulder straps back, and the openning of the soulder straps is different on both of them, you open it from the font on SOHPC and from the back on HPC (don't know if it's really clear).

Edited by matfar
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a helmet for my SF kit, I painted it and wanted input, I will get retetion straps for the goggles and the Flakjaks will be swapped out for ESS goggles. I will also be getting a differnt chinstrap. Input???

Nice project. Try dusting the retention straps and chinstraps with Krylon camo khaki/brown paint just like your helmet. A replica Norotos 3-point NV mount & SF helmet light would be cool too:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/norotos-night-vis...ase-p-1777.html

http://www.boomarms.com/sc/showcatalog.asp...rd=helmet+light

I wish I still had pictures of my old HPC. I sold it quickly after I got it in 2005 because I got it as a trade for my RAV and I wanted to get a Callahan Plate Carrier. But if this is the way the HPC's are these days (of course the newest versions have the snaps) then I definitely want to get one in smoke green.

Do both sizes of the EPC w/CB have the same real estate?

I noticed the opposite with one CIRAS that was made by Phantom (Pantac), it had 6 across the chest instead of 8.

They do not. I believe the L/XL size has one more row of MOLLE on the chest compared to the S/M.

Wow, they have definitely changed that design since I had mine. Mine had no elastic on the cummerbund and the hook on the front was positioned differently; it had a vertical seam instead of the horizontal one. Mine also had unpadded shoulders.

Did you purchase yours retail? Does it have side armor pockets? Is the internal cummerbund elastic as well?

That one actually isnt mine. I have a HPC without cummerbund though. And there is no internal elastic cummerbunds on them, or side plate pockets.

Any idea on what Glocks are being used in some of the recent pics (like the one below)? Judging by the CQC holster it's being run with a BHI weapon light, but just more curious as to the model Glock. Cheers.

3rdSFGclearingafieldinAfghanistan.jpg

Special Forces Soldiers from the 3rd Special Forces Group patrol a field in the Gulistan district of Farah, Afghanistan with Afghan National Army commandos from the 207th Kandak, April 12. Photo Credit: Spc. Joseph A. Wilson

One of those glocks looks full sized (the guy on the right) to me. I was thinking it might be a .40 Glock 22. Not sure if its that or a G19 or G17 (if they even use those).

Yeah, thats what I'm talking about. What are they?

It's a Paraclete custom (not MSA paraclete) for Rescue Squadrons.

http://assetlibrary.msanet.com/thumbs.aspx...s&width=800

http://assetlibrary.msanet.com/thumbs.aspx...s&width=800

Edited by Sgt. Kinnaird
I suspect it's a G19, but I could be wrong as I'm no expert. Looks the part though...

There is a now infamous pic of a table display showing US Army SF firearms, on the table along with an M4 and M9, there was a Glock 19. Sorry I didn't save said pic-but a few in here might have it.

Edited by Hispeed1
There is a now infamous pic of a table display showing US Army SF firearms, on the table along with an M4 and M9, there was a Glock 19. Sorry I didn't save said pic-but a few in here might have it.

This one?

imgp2487eb11.jpg

This was taken at a US Ranger open day a few years back.

My current Delta guns

M4 MRE

m4sd.jpg

MRE RAS*

PEQ-2*

Redi-Mag

551 + Riser

Silencer*

6P Led+VTAC mount

VTAC sling

ptw416.JPG

551+riser

Redi-Mag

Peq-15*

M6X

VLTOR battelsights*

And last but not least: 1911 with Surefire 610R

1911.JPG

1911a.JPG

I also have Safariland holster for this baby :)

Delta blaster party and I am not invited? :P

pewpewp.jpg

M4 MRE:

- EOTECH 551 with larue mount

- Gangsta-Grip

- PEQ-2

- Hk416 grip

- magpul sling

- ARMS BUIS

HK416:

- Surefire Scout

- PEQ-15

- Aimpoint with larue mount

- KAC BUIS

- KAC silencer

- Crane stock

Edited by mysl1

afghan_sub8.jpg

United States Special Forces helped the Afghan security team protect a building in the attack.

Photo: Adam Ferguson for The New York Times

From: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/01/1...8-AFGHAN_8.html

Saw that in the NYTimes a few days ago and figured I'd share it here.

-Piano