The Mechwarrior thread

WhutJP

Weisman was still there in 1999 as he became creative director for Microsoft's entertainment division then in In 2003 he founded 42 Entertainment, a design company in the new field of the alternate reality games (ARGs). 42 has created multiple ARGs, including, I Love Bees to promote the Xbox game Halo 2.

It also worth noting MW4 and its expansions where releases in 2000 a whole year after FASA studios became FASA interactive.

Anyway we can only hope this new venture is a return to form for mechwarrior so theres no point pondering the past when we at least have something to look forward to now.

Also spedz do you have mw4 installed ;_;

Edit: omg enough of the M$M$M$M$M$M$M$M$ already it was already old when jesus did it.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But there's some great dynamics there for single-player there that we've discussed, and we've also talked about how great that would fall in line with co-op. Co-op campaigns are so popular nowadays, and some games have really great ones

<3

Actually theres tons of win in that interview.

Cross platform support, 4 player co-op, Conquest style multiplayer etc etc.

Install so we may do battle............and stuff.

Well even if you cant find your disc's it'll be released for free soon on mektek.net so you can always get it from there =D

Also all this talk of mechs reminded me of a couple of old movies I watched when I was but just a young nipper.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

This ones particularly hilarious.

I thought mechassault was good fun, although I much prefer the mw games, mainly cause of the cockpit view. I have no idea about the tabletop game or anything, I just enjoyed the games as a combat sim with massive robots. I'm reading the interview on ign and it seems pretty cool. I hope they do joystick support for the 360 as I think that would be pretty cool.

i agree, punky. i also think that there should be more writted about the USA, and its participation in the Second Soviet Civil War, though this is ancient history in the battletech universe, and not really applicable.

either way, my favorite time period to read about/play is the fedcom civil war, and the clan invasion.

-Joe

It says "soon" on battletechs site so i'd assume this week somewtime ?

I've been playing through it again and its flipping hard when you play as a light. D=

When referring to Mektek it is normal to say soon. They come very close to Valve when it comes to release times.

If they're simply distributing it I cant really see why it would take any extensive length of time to be released.

Although its rather confusing as to where exactly it is bing distributed as on battletech.com they state first that MekTek.net a to distribute and package a worldwide free release of MechWarrior4 and all of its expansions but then they go on to say they can provide the core game free to the fans as well. Keep an eye on BattleTech.com the free download will be available soon!

Hyped up by this thread, I decided to head on over to the nearest rag monger, in the hopes of finding a BattleTech or MechWarrior book to read over the weekend.

I found nary a single book. I was depressed. Ended up borrowing Six Frigates: The Epic History of the Founding of the US Navy from my dad, instead. :(

Speaking of mektek I went and downloaded the mekpak 3 expansion earilier out of curiousity and it seems to have some nice stuff in it. However something about the designs of alot of the mechs look "off" to me but I cant really put my finger on it.

Its like alot of them are to blocky and fat or too tall and thin and the expansion replaces all of the skin/camo schemes so no more royal harrier scheme for me =[

am i the only one here with a mechwarrior T-shirt? how about a complex book collection?

finally, am i the only one here who used to (when i had time, and less commitments) to custom make miniature mech figures, and sell them to people on the internet? i miss those days. but i still wear the t-shirt. ;)

if you would like to see some of what i made, check out my photobucket album.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/madcatjoe/

they are in there pages 12-14.

-Joe

Archived