Thanks a lot :)

Info: on EB, Magpul Grips are cheaper than electric guns, and we can get them for nice price. ^^

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-grip-genui...pul-p-1841.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/magpul-grip-rifle-p-2412.html

(not exactly the same grips)

Cause I guess it's more work to make a hollow grip. And AEG grips are much more in demand so they raise prices for best profitability

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Any updates, failures? Still amazed there hasn't been a bumber crop of issues, guessing it has to do with ownership volume.

My theory is that due to the success of the WE M4, WE was sufficiently capitalized to quickly move ahead with new projects. Even if the TK/KJ actually is a superior design, they will likely have a bit of an uphill battle due to their late entry into the market and the sudden flood of GBBr's.

Any updates, failures? Still amazed there hasn't been a bumber crop of issues, guessing it has to do with ownership volume.

My theory is that due to the success of the WE M4, WE was sufficiently capitalized to quickly move ahead with new projects. Even if the TK/KJ actually is a superior design, they will likely have a bit of an uphill battle due to their late entry into the market and the sudden flood of GBBr's.

I'll agree with you in that the market already has quite a few M4 GBB's, but all of them are based on only 2 systems. And both of them aren't that great stock. The KJW offers reliability and economic gas consumption stock, which is great considering the increase in new GBBR consumers due to said market flood. A person new to GBBR's that wants a good beginner rifle finally have what they're looking for in the KJW. I think the only thing stopping the KJW is a smaller price tag.

Yeah I'd also like to know. So far this KJW m4 has sounded pretty promising, but I'm sure I could find two people who say their WE/WA/G&P/Ino/AGM/JG/etc... m4 GBB is awesome too. Anybody else got one? Hell, anybody else even have any problems with them at all?

I'll agree with you in that the market already has quite a few M4 GBB's, but all of them are based on only 2 systems. And both of them aren't that great stock. The KJW offers reliability and economic gas consumption stock, which is great considering the increase in new GBBR consumers due to said market flood. A person new to GBBR's that wants a good beginner rifle finally have what they're looking for in the KJW. I think the only thing stopping the KJW is a smaller price tag.

I hear you, unfortunatley an increase in supply does not easily translate into an increase in demand.

I hear you, unfortunatley an increase in supply does not easily translate into an increase in demand.

It does when you lower the price of the product below people's benchmark of "cheap". Look at the WE and AGM. Both are about as much as an AEG and are refreshing products in a market of sewing machines. There has always been a demand for more realism and the main things stopping the WA from getting into the hands of average joe's was the initial cost of the gun and the maintenance cost of the gun among other things. Within this half year, both of those factors went down when the WE and AGM GBBR's came out with cheap replacement parts. Let's use the WE M4 and WA M4 review sections as a scaled down consumer market. It was the first cheap alternative to the WA and look at how much interest they've gotten as opposed to the WA. People haven't posted in the WA review sections in months. Let's not talk about the AGM, KJW and JG M4 sections. People like cheap, and when cheap becomes cheaper and more available, it gets attention.

Edited by Mental Medic

Well, half the posts in the WE section are about the guns having problems or how to fix it. So that's not exactly a good argument. And yes, I do acknowledge the fact that there's A LOT less KJW owners than WE owners.

But I seem to remember seeing a WE failure one day after it is released, after a few mags. I think it was Jin that got one of the first WE, and had the bolt catch failed.

And yes, I know they've fixed the problem and released stronger part, but it still broke.

And no, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just saying that the KJW so far has shown more promise than the rest in comparison.

Oh yeah, so, ran through a few more mags recently, puts the count up to about 80, judging by how much ammo i used. Still no problems, internals still look fine. The rubber band broke a while back. Which is interesting, since it doesn't do anything, and the gun still works just fine.

Edited by Donut

The rubber band broke a while back. Which is interesting, since it doesn't do anything, and the gun still works just fine.

Good to know that the only part that's broken is a part isn't actually needed :) If the KJW really does turn out to be long term reliable OOTB then it's unfortunate for the ACM enthusiasts that this m4 came to late to be cloned by a "decent" ACM company any time soon. With all the manufacturing gear made up to produce WA clones I doubt anyone is going to ditch their moulds to make a KJW clone.

On the other hand it's good for TK and KJW as you'll have to buy from them if you want this system. A well designed system deserves to make revenue, unlike the much clones WA which in my opinion comes "unfinished" OOTB :P

Well, half the posts in the WE section are about the guns having problems or how to fix it. So that's not exactly a good argument. And yes, I do acknowledge the fact that there's A LOT less KJW owners than WE owners.

But I seem to remember seeing a WE failure one day after it is released, after a few mags. I think it was Jin that got one of the first WE, and had the bolt catch failed.

And yes, I know they've fixed the problem and released stronger part, but it still broke.

And no, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just saying that the KJW so far has shown more promise than the rest in comparison.

Oh yeah, so, ran through a few more mags recently, puts the count up to about 80, judging by how much ammo i used. Still no problems, internals still look fine. The rubber band broke a while back. Which is interesting, since it doesn't do anything, and the gun still works just fine.

Well, in all fairness, when Jin's bolt catch broke, there were about 20 other guys who didn't have WE's there to comment about it. Which, if anything, appears to indicate that people were interested to see how it compared to the WA for the price you paid for it.

But 80 mags already passed some stock benchmarks. I remember a couple of pages back that you said that the only thing that won't work is if you have an empty mag with the bolt stop lever turned on if the rubber band isn't in there. Could you elaborate?

So does the WA m4. It's an adapted system from the Manga blowback pistols. Thing is, once you give the gun a nice heavy bolt to work with, a long barrel, and the demands of the people useing it, to have a kick more like a rifle and less like a GBB pistol, you're going to encounter problems. Increased power means increased stress. Besides that, to say it's the same as we see in pistols is frankly rude to the people who've spent ages getting these systems to a point where they work, and can be manufactured on a mass basis. They're similar principals, but at the same time, very different mechanisms. Not even mentioning full auto, and the use a rifle gets over that of a pistol.

TK piston lids have been known to be fragile especially in cold weather when the material gets a bit less elastic. It's a drawback of types of piston heads that bell out when there's gas behind them to give a better seal. Luckily this is probably one of the easiest things to replace if it turns out to be the only weak spot.

Edited by tome

Alright, I've got a question for Donut and the others that have the KJW m4.

How's the hop-up? I mean, consistency wise. If you can get it set up right, how consistent are shots?

I love my G&P WOC, except for the hop-up. It's simply not very consistent...and if this KJW m4 is a functioning GBB that takes AEG parts and has a reliable hop-up system, I'm all for it.

I don't think we're quite ready to make that proclamation yet. How many people who have posted here own one - 3? 4?

I know percentages are not very trustworthy, but those 3-4 people posting here their impressions say its a reliable system after using them (more or less, I dont know), while WE and WA users report failures and ask how to fix them day after day, not to mention the people asking waht they must buy to make their systems reliable before purchasing them...

Maybe in winter or after some months of usage, owners will report failures on their KJWM4s, but until then, this is most reliable GBBR on the market, based on user reports.

Hi Donut don't know if you were responding to me here, if so, I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't being clear. I'm looking for an argument for the KJW. I was only commenting on the size of the KJW ownership sample being too small for a consenus on the quality of the gun. I was just trying to drum up some more posts by owners.

With that in mind, the last post declaring the KJW the best GBBr platform is not especially convincing.

But 80 mags already passed some stock benchmarks. I remember a couple of pages back that you said that the only thing that won't work is if you have an empty mag with the bolt stop lever turned on if the rubber band isn't in there. Could you elaborate?

Well, since the charging handle uses the bolt to return, if the bolt catch is turned on (on the magazine) and you insert the empty mag, the bolt will stay locked open and thus keeping the charging handle back as well. Not a big problem since you most likely won't be trying to chamber from an empty mag. Just something I noticed.

And I guess I wasn't too clear either, I'm not saying KJW is the best, it just shows more promise. There are things about it that annoys me slightly, like how it's difficult to swap out the stock because of the new buffer tube design, and I can't put on a rear sling mount either. But overall, it's shooting very well with no problems.

The hopup and accuracy is decent, I'm using .25g right now and I can hit a man sized target almost all the time at around 100ft, and still good at 150ft, haven't really tried for any further. Keep in mind the inner barrel is only M733 length. With a new barrel it should be much better.

Though if there's anything I will say against this gun is that it shoots way too well, and too hot, I can only use it as a pseudo-DMR/battle rifle in semi only on some of my fields.

Well, since the charging handle uses the bolt to return, if the bolt catch is turned on (on the magazine) and you insert the empty mag, the bolt will stay locked open and thus keeping the charging handle back as well. Not a big problem since you most likely won't be trying to chamber from an empty mag. Just something I noticed.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't know if you answered this question yet, but have you tried a lower pressure gas, like 134a or duster?

To the KJW M4 owners out there,

Given your experience with this platform so far would you recommend it?

From what I've been reading from this thread it seems that the reliability issues over the WA / WE designs have been addressed. Mainly the bolt catch is working everytime, no or very rare double feeds, hop up adjustment works and consistently places shots once set, magazine holds gas and expends it efficiently.

I am using the AGM platform right now and am extremely dissatisfied with it.

I need a gun that runs right out of the box and will keep me in the fight all weekend!

Is The KJW M4 That Gun??

From user reports, it seems like it, but the problem is that not many people seem to have it.

Best bet is to sell off the AGM and give it a go. Can't be less reliable than the AGM ;)