TM FN Five-seveN GBB

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eh, I just can't see myself owning a pistol whose real caliber is smaller than the airsoft caliber.... :{

Credit... card... trick. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Of course I won't use an M4! What an abomination of a rifle!   If it's anything less than .30 caliber, I don't care about it!

• 2 weeks later...

Question - anyone else getting retardly leaky mags? The o-ring valve fix seems to be causing the problem :(

buy those 14 gauge rubber bands from any piercing store and replace the stock orings. Those are way better than stock o-rings. That should fix the leakiness of your valve, other than that tighten it with a flat head screw driver. Hope this helps

If the leak isn't coming from or through the valve then it has nothing do do with the valve or any of its o-rings. I haven't opened any of my mags to check, but I'm guessing there's a gasket or large o-ring sealing the upper and lower parts of the magazine body and that could be the source of the leak as you've described. You can split them by removing the screw at the bottom.

Got it - I'll take them apart tonight.

Also found the cause for heavy slide wobbling. I don't know why TM did this, but the slide guide rails aren't one piece with the BBU - they're two screw on pieces. Each side is held on by one pin from the BBU, and one screw. My screw was tight, but I found the two pins holding the front part in were blown off. Pot metal FTL - I simply superglued the sides back in, and now the slide doesn't wobble at all.

hi all

i got a 5-7 too, but i must say i expected something more.

the appereance and general feeling of the gun is just like a ksc g34, seems too "toysh" and shining.

will the guarder kit give a general better look & feel or only adds trademarks?

my gun is 3-4 months old, it has a little problem: when i manually chamber a new round, the bb rolls out of the barrel. it happens very often, especially if the gun is pointed low. i have to release the slide slowly to prevent this.

gun has been well lubed, maybe too much.

will a new nineball hopup rubber (bought it for a p226, but is compatible if i'm not wrong) solve this?

i've taken a pic of the barrel assembly

dscn2716u.jpg

is this gap between the 2 parts normal?

is this gap between the 2 parts normal?

No, it's not supposed to be like that. Are the screws on it tightened fully? If they are, the outer barrel might be inserted incorrectly, and you should reassemble the barrel and chamber. The gap could be the reason your BBs are rolling out, since the hop-up might not be tightened as it should be.

If they're already tight and you have a stock outer barrel on, chances are the mounting holes of the outer barrel have already hammered outwards pushing material to the sides making the gap.

Regarding the toyish feel of the ABS, the stock Marui ones are a bit too shiny. The Guarder ones come with a more matte finish and close to current USGI models, but still plasticky to the touch; one of the big complaints with the real one anyway.

http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki/files/70/Five-seveN_USG.jpg

Edited by renegadecow

thanks, you were right, the barrel has been deformed from the use and therefore all the problems mentioned...

right now, my stock 5.7 is far away from the ^ pic :)

is the guarder tan frame any similar in color with the original FN frame? this one:

FNM0129mb.png

just waiting for your opinion guys to push the "checkout" button :P

Edited by s85sss

I think that picture is kinda confusing you. Yes the guarder tan lower is the same color, but the real 5-7 is plasticky looking and very "shinny" instead of very matte. The overal appearence f the TM almost 100% replicates the real deal, minus the sights (non-adjustable)