plainclothes cop look

TeowneD

hi,

i'm thinking about trying a plainclothes cop loadout for cqb. anyone try this before? some pics would be great.

heres what i'm thinking

-plainclothes...duh!

-a pancake holster for my g19

- some fobus mag pouches

- cuff holders, replica cuffs

- fake or replica/custom badge (prefferably belt clip type)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole point of being in plain clothes is that you won't stand out in the crowd. Just wear whatever you normally wear, as long as it's not too flashy, it should be good to go. That and a concealed carry holster. Don't think you would need pics for that haha.

• 4 weeks later...

My fathers a cop, he likes to wear a green fleece/jacket, jeans. His belt with a inside the jeans against his hip concealed holster. Hes got two mags and a cuff pouch on the belt too. I think it would be uncomftarable but he said it works. Heres an added bonus, hes got a undercover car with lights on the inside. Thats fun to drive also. :D

Wouldn't dressing like a plainclothes cop just be wearing normal clothes, and just carry around a pistol, and a badge?

All the things like cuffs, and pepper spray are probably worn inside the clothes, so no need for those in airsoft.

I guess having a holster concealed under the belt might be the only kit you need, with some mag pouches somewhere.

Go to LApolicegear.com, and they have a lot of stuff with concealed holsters and mag pouches integrated into shirts and pants.

Well, I like the idea. A real nice real life kit. With daily investigative outfit, badge, pancake holster, cuff holder and the standard things plus additional setup such as ballistic vest replica with Police patch, Police windbreaker jacket, basecap and tactical leg holster for entry and emergency setup. Nice, you prefer belt badge or the stylish thing with the neck chain?

I personally think about something like DEA or US Marshal Service. I don't know how exactly I got this idea, but I kinda like it. Not that full gear "I'm a tree so you can't see me" camouflage thing all the time. It's nice, don't get me wrong, guys, but I don't have a closet that big for several BDU with different patterns.

I think, the foremost important thing for your civil cop dress is good concealment of the gun on the waist, so not everyone gets emediatly the idea of sticking a Glock at your side. ;)

Well, I like the idea. A real nice real life kit. With daily investigative outfit, badge, pancake holster, cuff holder and the standard things plus additional setup such as ballistic vest replica with Police patch, Police windbreaker jacket, basecap and tactical leg holster for entry and emergency setup. Nice, you prefer belt badge or the stylish thing with the neck chain?

I personally think about something like DEA or US Marshal Service. I don't know how exactly I got this idea, but I kinda like it. Not that full gear "I'm a tree so you can't see me" camouflage thing all the time. It's nice, don't get me wrong, guys, but I don't have a closet that big for several BDU with different patterns.

I think, the foremost important thing for your civil cop dress is good concealment of the gun on the waist, so not everyone gets emediatly the idea of sticking a Glock at your side. ;)

My understanding, from a family friend who happens to do undercover DEA work, is that the DEA look is pretty similar, regular clothes with a concealed gun (or in the case of my friend, multiple guns). Secret Service is where I've seen more of the subtle tactical stuff. Saw a great number of SS guys on Obama's trip to the Vineyard this year, and managed to snag a few pictures.

One thing that really pulls together the undercover loadout is the mean scary tough guy face, I never seem to see those guys smiling while on the job :D.

My collegae's who work in civilian clothes wear normal everyday clothes, nothing flashy. on their "belt" they have a belt clip to attach their cuff's on, they wear a concealed holster and most of them have a sac like an Eastpack bum bag to carry radio, extra mag, pepper... their headphone of their radio is nothing more than an earpiece like that of an Iphone...

Works really well

When at FCS i went for this lot.

Black fleece top.

Dark Blue jeans.

Cheap Viper holster on belt (now it's been replaced by a Vega FF200).

Double Mag Pouch.

Small Utility Pouch.

That was with either my P226 or 1911A1, both of which fit the two holsters i had.

'FireKnife'

French BAC (Brigade anti criminalité). Mostly doing night patrols in urban area but also giving a hand during riots, etc.

arton242.jpg

bac_1.jpg

8_Arrestation_musclee_par_BAC_d_un_manifestant_Manifestation_Rennes_mardi_28_mars_2006_vers_16h_.jpg

2403676187_3640aa3528.jpg

2403660043_405fac5c9d.jpg

pn_bac_thiais.jpg

20.jpg

32.jpg

51.jpg

Helmet is only used during "riot control" and hot events... most of the time they keep as low profile as possible.

I like to spruce it up by doing a plainclothes cop in Miami:

-SOB or IWB concealed holster for my Detonics .45

-2 spare mags in pocket

-Hawaiian shirt

-slacks

-leather combat boots. with the slacks down they look like regular leather shoes.

If I'm going heavy, I pack an extra UZI and 2 spare mags.

edit:

The shirt works great too. Twice I've been mistaken for a badly upholstered sofa where opponents just walk past me.

If you watch one of the Brit cops programs over here (think it's called Brit Cops: Zero Tolerance), you see a lot of plain-clothes Met Police officers, and they pretty wear just jeans, t-shirt and either a hoody or a jacket or something on top. Some of them wear police-issue body armour beneath the jacket/top layer with the radio clipped to the integral clip on the vest, but I've seen others that just have a belt loaded up with their gear, ie. handcuffs, asp, CS spray (or their newer equivalent), back pad, torch, plus admin pouches full of things like pens, notepads, radio, etc, plus an ear-piece, some of which just look like MP3 player ear-phones, others are full ear-pieces which wrap around the entire lobe, whilst others are the Secret Service-style see-through earbuds. It's just a matter of personal choice, really. Add a pistol and magazine pouches to that, that you should have a quite good serviceable loadout.

Oh, and maybe a riot helmet :D

i know this is not related, but what are belt keepers? your right -Angel- but i don't want to minus the jacket from the loadout yet cause its starting to get cold here in HK and its the only good winter jacket i have right now.

Belt keepers:

DESANTISn01.jpg

Useful for ie. keeping your duty belt level on top of your pants belt.

/EDIT:

On a related note, I need something low profile for holding my Peerless handcuffs.

Belt mountable, atleast 1 3/4" wide. Preferably 2"

Any ideas?

Belt keepers:

DESANTISn01.jpg

Useful for ie. keeping your duty belt level on top of your pants belt.

/EDIT:

On a related note, I need something low profile for holding my Peerless handcuffs.

Belt mountable, atleast 1 3/4" wide. Preferably 2"

Any ideas?

Alot of collegaes in the SAR (Service Appui à la Recherche) here in Brussels use Belt keepers (the plastic ones from G&K) to hang their handcuffs on their belt and keep it low profile yet easy accessible...

Archived