Magpul Picture Thread

I'm really trying to keep the JB Weld option last as I seem to be reaching for that a little too often ;)

Dang it, you're right; I just checked my G36 and the rails are pretty much the same size. I had remembered them being smaller for some reason. But while I was down there, I think I found a solution; I have my bro-in-law's M4 to fix a feeding problem and he has a JP Rifle front end on it and the rails for that are about half the size of the MOE rails. I think that might just work almost perfectly!

Now I just gotta source a MIAD and figure out how to shorten that barrel.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dibs on that!!

Shall I expand slightly ? lol

Thats almost exactley what im after for my next aeg.

MRP with short 203 and magpul stuff. Yes!

I would have an elcan spectre scope, or even just an aimpoint, but thats just me :)

Edited by Blood-Clot

An aimpoint would probably balance the weight a bit better - It's definitely a tad front heavy with the launcher. Still, i love the T-1 far too much to change it, and if my arms do get tired i can always ditch the launcher fairly quickly :)

They're quite entertaining in the terms of 'fun clicky things', but practicality wise i don't see much point. Maybe in the real world you'd need iron sights that quick, but on both PTS and ACM MBUS sights i've found the fold up reticle to make it smaller flops open a little, blocking the sight picture when you pop them up.. I also kept trapping my thumb in the damn things.

Hey guys, check out some stuff I've built. LMK what you think. The G&P Masada with FirePig.post-68150-12784645584308_thumb.jpg

My primary/night game ICS Magpul, but still waiting for the black AFG to finish it off.post-68150-12784646247388_thumb.jpg

My Custom Noveske N4, but Im waiting for the Telescope Stock to finish it off and the Magpul RVG which are en route. post-68150-12784656526963_thumb.jpg

And lastly, my recently finished build. The Magpul/Noveske Sentry I put together with extra stuff from old guns I took apart. Gonna get some rail ladders and remove the DE cheek piece, at the moment was just eyeing the color scheme.post-68150-12784657506299_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrenadierMasada

Did you bolt a rail section to the top of the MOEs to mount the front MBUS? It looks like it is sitting a little high.

Your dead on.

Yah, i used a rail, idk how to lower the sight down to the rear sights proper alignment. Any suggestions?!

Get a VLTOR folding sight/gas block. It should give you enough rail space to let it fold.

Ahh, yah like the one on my Sentry there in my pics? I use two ICS Rail Spacers from old guns i had to hold the ring up against the MOE.

Ahh but then id have to change out my outter barrel too, bc the barrel goes right up to about an inch from the end of the MOE. Any other suggestions? Using the VLTOR would work but i don't really want to spend on another outter barrel. IDK i'll check around for extra stuff i have that could work.

Edited by GrenadierMasada

They're quite entertaining in the terms of 'fun clicky things', but practicality wise i don't see much point. Maybe in the real world you'd need iron sights that quick, but on both PTS and ACM MBUS sights i've found the fold up reticle to make it smaller flops open a little, blocking the sight picture when you pop them up.. I also kept trapping my thumb in the damn things.

I have real MBUS and they are far superior to the sights the Sentry comes with. They are easier to fold down when using optics, and come up faster and much more smoothly than the stock Sentry sights. The real MBUS I have do not seem to suffer the issues you've experienced with the PTS and ACM ones. If you use the wings on the sides of the MBUS you will never trap your thumbs in them.

I don't think there are really any other options other than a generic railed gas block + a spacer to allow the sights to fold down all the way.

Yah i saw a few that could work, but then the longer barrel is needed, just slightly longer. I wrote to Magpul about the Polymer rails they have, we'll see how those go and if i can get some, hopefully those have a lower profile to bring the sights down just a bit to line up.

I have real MBUS and they are far superior to the sights the Sentry comes with. They are easier to fold down when using optics, and come up faster and much more smoothly than the stock Sentry sights. The real MBUS I have do not seem to suffer the issues you've experienced with the PTS and ACM ones. If you use the wings on the sides of the MBUS you will never trap your thumbs in them.

I guess it's down to opinion really, i feel completely the other way - The fairly thick polymer 'guards', for lack of a better word that surround the sight aperture and post are quite thick on MBUS sights... I find the sight picture a bit more obstructed than troy sights. And obviously the biggest factor when deciding what kinds of sights to use; i like the look of troy's a lot more :P

Just got a couple of new bits for my CQBR. DYTac M4-2000 suppressor and Scar flash hider along with some M version P mags which fit the King Arms body perfectly unlike the old style P mag.

SDC13419.jpg

SDC13418.jpg

Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow so I can get better pics of this and some of my other M4 with a couple more magpul parts on it.

Edited by evansy