G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True but nothing screams TANGO like a blob of ANY solid color in the tree line.

That being said, I'd do OD over black, with one exception, a truck bed liner paint job, which is on my to do before the end of December. Also keep in mind that with things like Chalk precipitate or mud you're rifle cam be made to match the surroundings quickly, and rinsed clean later.

KM

Thanks mate, if only you were a few days earlier!

I've literally just now sourced a bipod off one of the G&P foregrips in a part exchange.

On another note... heres a picture of the new SL8-6 from HK. My question is this... when will we get a replica of those magazines? The real steal magazine seen in this picture holds 10 rounds.

HKSL8.jpg

Heres a link to the specs:

http://www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/rifles_sl86_specs.html

Whats also interesting is if you look at the brochure from H&K, they show it with an Aimpoint...

Edited by Levett
Oh, OK. sorry i didnt get back to you 3 days earlier!

I wonder why no on has made those mags though. Seems odd.

I asked myself the same question, but not only for the G36 series, the G3 30round mag as well

30rnd1.gif

Props to Ferretkiller who found this pic.

Because they are made of a polymer which has to be thicker to withstand impacts unlike normal M4/M16 mags. They also have those clippy things on the side.

exactly, clicking mags together is easy, no clippings needed, plus a G36 mag stays firmly in the gun.

Oh jeah en the dummy bullets in the lowcaps is just "Teh Sechs" B)

Because they are made of a polymer which has to be thicker to withstand impacts unlike normal M4/M16 mags. They also have those clippy things on the side.

Canadian M16/C7 mags are made of plastic and still the same thickness as the metal ones?

The Sig rifles have slimmer magazines also...?

The magazines are unnecessarily large, you can't really argue with that....

Canadian M16/C7 mags are made of plastic and still the same thickness as the metal ones?

The Sig rifles have slimmer magazines also...?

The magazines are unnecessarily large, you can't really argue with that....

Gonna have to agree with you on this one.

Its not that the magazine walls are particularly thick, its that they have that HUGE stupid bumper on the bottom that almost effectively doubles the width of the magazine.