G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that a real-steel gun? either way, it sure is gorgeous. One of these days I'm going to have to plunk down the 400 for an AG36.

Edited by n00bTard

Hey guys! After looking at all of these pics I'm almost ashamed to show mine off, but it's my own little baby, and I'm nowhere near finished with it so whatever. Sorry for having to put up links, I can't seem to image link with my Flickr album.

My G36

Another pic

One more...

Yes, that's a rail on a full size handguard. I took the bottom rail off the old G36C handguard, picked up a couple big washers and nuts to fit the allen screws, and put the screws through the slots on the bottom of the guard. It feels pretty solid, haven't skirmished with it yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll hold up. Looking to replace the Walmart red dot and rail carrying handle with a G36 scope/red dot system (not sure which manufacturer to go with). And to top it all off, if I ever save up enough money, I'll get either the AG36 launcher or a Surefire handguard. I also need to put a full size stock on, it looks wierd as is.

I love G36's, I'll probably get another, either a -C or -K/KE version, and possibly a third to convert into an SL9 or XM8.

Edited by Ghostshark_27
OMG if you get it please show me1!!!! i want one sooo bad but dont have the money :(

thanks

Jas

Haha, you can bet if I put one on my rifle, I'll be showing it off here. Won't be for a while though, I'm in the process of looking for a new job and am building up some debts that need to be paid off before I can buy any airsoft goodies.

Also, Static, that's a nice looking sight on your rifle. It looks like it'd be more at home on an MP7 though, it's awfully tiny for the G36. I had a King Arms holo sight on my G36 for a while, you can see it on my UMG in one of those pics, but it took a direct hit to the glass and spiderwebbed. I loved that thing, and I'll definately be getting a new one, plus a protector of some sort.

Have you found any protectors yet?

Scope Protector

Not exactly the most realistic looking thing out there, but I'll take a realism hit in order to save me the $45-100 bucks to buy a new sight. Protector replacements are available if you happen to get the scope protector shot out. The links I put up are of the small size, there's also a medim and large version for bigger scopes. I just figured the small version would be enough to protect a holo sight though.

Hey staticzero, i couldnt send a PM to you so ill post a reply right here.

i was wondering, on your g36, you have the CA36 stock. mine cracked yesterday and im wondering where i can order another CA stock..the classic army site seems to be a bit strange and all the prices are listed as 0.00

im also considering buying a G&P one but im unsure since it has a strange texture to it. it seems that the CA one is the best but dont know where to order it. US based retailers would be better.

Yeah I'm a bit behind on PMs.

I have a CA36C stock, not a CA36 stock. I got mine from AEX. I simply went in and asked if they had any CA36 body parts. They did, so I bought them.

I never really see the CA stock available anywhere online. I think your best bet is going to be to contact a few stores and see if they have any. Stores that sell pre built custom kit guns (like XM8s and SL8s) will have leftover parts. Also, I'd wager any authorized CA dealer can order one for you, especially since CA lists the item individually on their site.

The G&P stock is good, well at least it has a good rep. I only handled it briefly when I installed it for someone. It's strong and pretty realistic looking. It has the proper butt pad and it doesn't have the G36C style cutout in the sling loop stay. However it only has the one main latch. That's not that big a deal though. Perhaps most significant is that the color match is way off, it's much too light. The texture is pretty good though. I've read people have panted them with good results.

Also consider the G&P KV style stocks. There are two versions out now. The color is better, they're adjustable, and they can hold a battery if you're into that.

Some of my latest configurations:

The "Sharpshooter" - the flip-up sights are a perfect cowitness through the aimpoint

G36sharpshooter.jpg

I call this one, the "Commando" (I know, I know, some people say the 'C' in G36C stands for commando, but it doesn't - due to a Colt trademark)

G36specialforce.jpg

And I call this one, the "Space Marine" - again, the flip-up sights are a cowitness setup through the red dot. And yeah, I was shooting for a Doom sort of look - then just went bucknutty.

G36spacemarine.jpg

And I actually have a 4th G36 - but its a pretty standard K variant that I've posted before. Yes... I have 4 Classic Army G36s... a bit obsessive maybe - but I just love me some G36.

G36Ks.jpg

G36Ks2.jpg

G36spacemarine2.jpg

Edited by n00bTard
Everything I posted is sweet

I like the "SD" model. What kind of outer barrel do you have on that one? And what kind of light is that, while I'm asking questions?

Nice guns. I like seeing non standard mods, especially when they make sense, as most of yours do.

a bit of a request.... does anyone have a G36 in either of these configurations

dual optic

AG36 grenade launcher

k length

or

Dual optic

K length

Bipod forgrip

c-mag

Cheers and thanks in advance guys

the SD model is using a king arms 14mm- threaded SOCOM metal silencer - internally it has a 363mm madbull tightbore (they all have that - a 363mm tightbore - best length for a K).

The light is a G&P tactical illuminator. There are 2 types of these, one with an additional rail on the bottom (the one I have) and one without.

Thanks for the comment Glenn.

Ooops, actually the "sharpshooter" is using a 407mm inner barrel and an HK51 outer barrel. I used an M4/M15 RAS Fix riser from mad bull to give the back half of the hammerhead-style rail a bit of a raise to achieve witness with the front sight. The aimpoint is a King Arms red/green with cantelevier. The folding sights are a Star SR25 sight and a Samurai rear flip up. The cheekpiece is a tie-on Blackhawk rifle pad.

The SD "commando" does not have an outer barrel - just the silencer attached right to the gas block. The SD also has a G&P offset mount that puts the on/off and momentary switch for the illuminator right where my finger tips usually are. Plus a King Arms sling swivel and nitro.vo folding grip and a G&P sniper style battery stock (since the RAS can't hold one). I also use a battery sling at times for extra large batteries in all of them.

The "space marine" has a G&P all metal gas assembly that has a built in K-length outer barrel to which I've attached an M14 flash hider. The flip us sights are both STAR, and the folding grip is a real steel TDS grip.

I do however, have 2 nitro.vo K-length outer barrels with custom flash hiders from WGC shop. I have one on my relatively standard CA36K. I can provide pics if you like.

Edited by n00bTard

Here's the whole happy family together :wub:

Of course, I'm always rearranging and redoing things. :construction: But for the most part, I think these will stay in these configs for a while.

G36family.jpg

G36family2.jpg