G36 Picture Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eltee: pls can u take some pictures through real steel optics? i know its hard to take someone...but :rolleyes:

Here's the best I could do. You can see the magnification although the target bear was only 20-30 feet away and viewed through a window. The lower scope reticles don't show as I could not get my camera lined up correctly behind it due to the camera being blocked by the stock.

G36DualOptics.jpg

Edited by eltee

Well while the scope is quite nice the reddot in the dual sight isn't the best on the market. But it's sufficient for infantry purposes. Height of sight line isn't a real problem, the sight itself is simply too small (as you said only 15mm) and tends to fog up in wet conditions. For Airsoft I suggest to get a G36C flat-top rail and mount an EO-Tech or an Aimpoint on it. Should be cheaper than the Hensoldt G36 dual sight and better suited for Airsoft purposes (you don't need an accurate scope for 600m shots, but you need a fast aiming device for extrem short-range combat).

Well while the scope is quite nice the reddot in the dual sight isn't the best on the market. But it's sufficient for infantry purposes. Height of sight line isn't a real problem, the sight itself is simply too small (as you said only 15mm) and tends to fog up in wet conditions. For Airsoft I suggest to get a G36C flat-top rail and mount an EO-Tech or an Aimpoint on it. Should be cheaper than the Hensoldt G36 dual sight and better suited for Airsoft purposes (you don't need an accurate scope for 600m shots, but you need a fast aiming device for extrem short-range combat).

I agree. At work we generally use Eotechs on our M4s but that is because we do police / CQB duties as opposed to soldier / infantry combat duties. I personally think the real steel G36 dual optics and FNH P90 optics are very slow in acquiring targets and poor for maintaining situational awareness for police work. On our real steel, we are also tending to put the Eotechs or Aimpoints mounted forward, scout rifle style, to further enhance situational awareness and fast target acquisition.

I'll try to take some pics through the Z-point and get them posted. I'll use my poor backyard bear as the target again. :D

Hey Eltee, is there any trouble that you have when you used the red-dot sight? Because I heard that ir was hard to aim with because of its high profile and the fact that its only 15mm

It is slow to acquire targets because of its size, and you need a constant cheek weld to the stock in order to keep it lined up. This makes it hard to keep your eyes on anything else around you thus reducing "situational awareness." If I was to use my SL8-G36 clone for police or other real world work, I would remove the H&K dual optic and use a B&T rail and an Aimpoint M2 mounted forward, scout style.

I have an extra M2 and a standard rail so I might try it out and take some photos for comparison. The G36 looks much better with the dual optics handle and it is easy to carry but my guess is that once I put on the M2 I might leave it on for general shooting/plinking, and use the dual optics for target shooting at the range.

Edited by eltee
img03041mi.jpg

img03034lm.jpg

stock tm g36c with ca extended handguard

im new to the sport and have had it for 3 weeks and have a limited budget on guns so i havent done much

w0rd. i have the exact same setup but mine is a CA. I prefer the g36 without the big carry handle/scope. I would rather have iron sights and the choice to put whatever i want on it. personal opinion of course.....

My KV stock just cleared customs, and my RAS is waiting for me at home.

It takes a lot more than the KV type stock to build the KV we have all seen pictures of. There is a 16" or so barrel, its own forend and gasblock, mag release, and carry handle.

Even then, it wouldn't be a KV. KV is the current designation for a G36K with single optic carry handle.

Nope, today you can order every possible scope variant you want directly from HK:

3x scope + RDS (standard G36K)

1.5x scope + RDS

3x scope only

1.5x scope only (known as "Export sight", standard Setup for all "V"-variants)

3x scope + rail

1.5x scope + rail

G36C-type flat-top rail with iron sights

KSK style aluminium high rail flat-top

ok, to clarify a bit.

here's my goal:

http://www.teamodd.com/pics/KSK_G36k.jpg

reciever is getting SEF, barrel is getting done, magrelease won't be touched.

in addition to the already-on-its-way RAS and carry handle (early model with no built in BUIS, GG&G will be used here) ofcourse ...

Edited by Bamse

Sorry about ###### quality pics, will get some better ones when I get the digi cam workin'

That's her in all her Glory.

Mods Include

CA Long version forgrip

Prometheus EG 6.03 barrel

CA Bore-up Kit

SRC hop-up bucking

1-2x42 Red Dot

9.6 1100 mah

Runs like a champ

(btw that's not me shooting)

post-9567-1134068791_thumb.jpg

post-9567-1134068849_thumb.jpg