Glock 18C mod

Typewriter

No, it couldnt be; there is already a 3 rnd burst pistol ( full auto with a few tweaks )- its called the 93R; sticking a tommygun foregrip to the front of a 1911-alike is just plain stupid. Random parts =/= good concept, just stop with the hideous guns please. If you want to make a fantasy weapon I suggest you take some time to properly design one rather than ruiinng perfectly good airsoft guns that someone else could have used as nature intended.... ugh...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was emptying my good ol' spare parts box, when I had a simple yet effective idea. Having a broken G18C AEP (mainly the same gun used in other builds, such like 'Julmarynnäkkökivääri M01', 'Jackal 13mm Auto' and 'Snyder SMG'), and these parts wich I found from the box, I started to make concept mock-up pic:

P.S. If you guys want, you could tell me what colour to make this thing. OD would be great in my opinion.

Putting a huge great scope on top of a G18 MAEG is a pure waste of time....Regardless of what you do next.

None of those bits go together normally or aesthetically....If it makes YOU happy, then of course carry on- that's what custom builds are all about ;)

But to my eyes it looks like what it is- a bunch of parts stuck together at the edges with little aesthetic appeal.

And just because John Dillinger bolted a Thompson foregrip onto a 1911 doesn't make it pleasing to look at. :)

thats a real gun, it was used by john dillinger's gang.

Dear lord, I thought that was another one of TW's photoshop mashups..

I've been thinking though- how old is TypeWriter? 'Cos for a 10-14 yearold his guns would be quite impressive....

EDIT: *suitcase*, he's listed as 15 in his profile; that explains everything = no real DIY / modding skills + attitude towards anyone who criticises him + inability to come up with a solid plan + inability to think through the design and construction process in a way that results in a well designed and thoughtout construction method ( ie thinking about parts will go together nicely with reference to how real guns do vs crudely bolted together in a way that just about works ).

It all makes sense now....

Okay everyone, no, not all of Typewriter's creations strike my fancy, but kudos to him for building things and being creative. Had it come with a Magpul logo on it, I am pretty sure opinions here would change :P

Now, Typewriter, since you obviously have more time and tools to do these sorts of things than me, how bout for your next project, you tackle a set of eyeclops stealth night vision binoculars and turn them into usable and practical monocular for airsoft use? I hear plenty of good things about the eyeclops NV toy, but lack the time and resources to make into a budget and more practical monocular form, which would perfect for airsoft use.

Looks good, all you need to add is those eyeclops night vision guts into it to make it work wink.gif

http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infa...6456&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/EyeClops-Vision-Infr...6456&sr=8-1

pics of the insides of the V1 model:

http://picasaweb.google.com/morgellon/Proj...eat=directlink#

dimensions:

http://www.youtube.com/user/lowmyst#p/u/3/F_io9RKwvlM

The V1 model seems easy to find and available in two packs, but as you could see, since there is an offset between the camera and LCD eyepiece, there is an alignment issue to be solved.

V2/ MW2 internals

The MW2 one looks like it uses a camera with a big LCD behind it, so it should provide the biggest/ clearest picture, and should eliminate alignment issues. Also, you could probably strap it in front of a red dot sight and have a cheap day-night optic. The only possible issue I could think of is that it may require quite a long tube to be able to see the LCD properly in a monocular set up.

1. Buy a cheap used one at swap meet, craigslist, etc

2. Disassemble, extract circuit board and eye piece, shove it into the PVC tube, cover lens and eye piece with Lexan, make appropriate cut outs for switches, IR LEDs, batteries, etc.

3. Test, adjust, water proof by using silicone caulk

4. mount to helmet

If you have the resources to do what I just described, please do it and post pics. I would love to see it done smile.gif

Eyeclops Night Vision Stealth binoculars

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3565518

More data:

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArt...0142&pgno=2

try to make those binoculars look like this:

http://www.nightwingtech.com/images/PVS-14_APP_XL.jpg

PVS 14

Dear lord, I thought that was another one of TW's photoshop mashups..

I've been thinking though- how old is TypeWriter? 'Cos for a 10-14 yearold his guns would be quite impressive....

EDIT: *suitcase*, he's listed as 15 in his profile; that explains everything = no real DIY / modding skills + attitude towards anyone who criticises him + inability to come up with a solid plan + inability to think through the design and construction process in a way that results in a well designed and thoughtout construction method ( ie thinking about parts will go together nicely with reference to how real guns do vs crudely bolted together in a way that just about works ).

It all makes sense now....

What what? Have I ever blaimed someone for critizising me? No. And what are you trying to proof with your attitude towards me?

how bout for your next project, you tackle a set of eyeclops stealth night vision binoculars and turn them into usable and practical monocular for airsoft use?

That's quite a bit randomly off topic now dontcha think?

And what are you trying to proof with your attitude towards me?

Been reading most of his posts and I'm convinced he sincerely admires your work, he just doesn't know it yet. I mean, he's practically subscribed to each and every one of your threads.

If the mods came off of the grip, then I would like this a lot more. I am one of those guys where I want to see things that could possibly function in RS or at least in mechanically similar gas blow back form. I mean a scope and a stock on a glock is a little nuts, but then again that is 50% of the term "gun nut" now isn't it? I just with it all attached to the grip and not the slide then I could stand behind this a little more. lol

I mean a scope and a stock on a glock is a little nuts

Magnified optics maybe, but a red dot on a carbine conversion is becoming more and more popular especially for Glocks. Search HERA GCC, Fab Defense KPOS, RONI-G1, Magpull FMG, Mech Tech just to name a few real steel pistol-to-carbine conversion kits already existing.

Butcher rather than maker might be a more apt description though.

The ideas are interesting for the most part, implementation requires more forethought, care and rulers. The little things are normally what makes a gun that bit more special.

Little more progress on this one:

DY7.jpg

The barrel tilts upwards, cause I have not yet installed it properly. It's just 'strapped on' in this. Next thing is to make it more sturdy at some places. ^_^ The fore-grip is still quite flimsy. :(

typewriter, your creations are nuts...... in the BEST kind of way.

it is people who think 'out of the box' who drive technology forwards.

granted, you still have have some engineering principles to learn if you wish to make these things yourself, otherwise you could come up with the concept and get help in the production.

There is a guy who earns hundreds of thousands a year. he works a few hours a day doing nothing.

he is the they guy that comes up with new concepts for lego - i doubt he manufactures the injection mooulding machines used to make the parts he dreams up.

your ideas are quirky and fun - don't be put off by purists who arn't interested unless it has a trademark on it. The 134 vulcan (minigun) was based on the old hand cranked gattling gun - some 'nutter' had the idea of attaching electric motors, and the reas as they say, is history.

keep up the good work.

by the way, i have an HND in engineering, so would be more than happy to help and advise, just drop me a PM whenever (if ever) you feel the need.

Bill

I like crazy looking guns too, futuristic or 'steampunk' inspired etc. Just for the record :)But that thing is just a random bunch of parts held together with nuts and bolts, it isnt going to break through any new boundries in terms of firearm design or practicality/ ergononics etc. And thats the truth, before Im accused of being a hater.

Did I hear something about that gun being a strap on? Oo-er missus... :D

lol on the lego thing, my aunt works for lego in demark on the injection moulding equipment and SHE makes a hell of a lot more money than some guy whi works out how to build thing from lego.

also i personally see anything for lego that isnt using the brick system as not lego, just ###### as the whole point is to make your own things.

as for thinking out of the box driving technology forwards....ummm no they dont, people with a good idea get investment, people who think just out of the box work in sheds :P

Archived