AR15 Picture Thread

That M4 RAS with the launcher on it actually looks quite awsome. Keep it on for sure.

Thanks man :) It's quite weighty, so i tend to put it on for games i'm likely to have to clear small bunkers or structures - Definitely comes in handy. It's easily removed as well, so if the weight gets to me i can swap it out for the usual AFG fairly quickly in the safezone. The great thing is the weight of the 203 doesn't affect the stability at all because of the one piece upper, it's still solid as a rock... Tried the launcher on a friend's ICS with a standard KAC style RAS and it made the lower half wobble a fair amount... Hooray for monolithic things!

Edited by hwagan
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice noob toob hwagan. I'm not usually a fan of ris mounted ones but that doesn't look half bad. Now I can't decide if I want to try a short M203 or a EGLM.

With the new M4 I think you should barrel mount the toob with a MOE foregrip.

Thanks man.. I reckon the barrel/rail length suits the launcher quite well, lines up nicely and whathaveyou. I'm not a big fan of the MOE grips myself; They look nice, but i've never found a way to make them rock solid - I can't deal with anything on my guns that wobble, it just niggles at me. I'm going with a G&P 10" DD rail with the 14.5" barrel, so i'll have the option to mount the 203 if needed.

I feel like a "noob" for asking, but what's the difference between RIS and RAS?

-Jake

RIS is like the KAC Rail, 2 halfs top and bottom so you can fit a 203 onto the barrel, RIS are not freefloat and attach to a delta ring like standard handguard. RAS is freefloating and it only attached by a delta ring so does not marry up to a end cap to keep it in place.

Thanks bud.

The launcher is that colour because I thought I was buying a black one. Turns out there aren't any black ones anywhere. I kept it though because it doesn't look all that bad on my SCAR. I stuck it on the Punisher M4 though out of bloody mindedness - I was gonna finish the damned project!

Edited by Rogue845

Love that SWAT M4 Rouge. Which ACOG do you have on it?

Here's my M4 with every accessory I wanted for it.

SDC13423.jpg

It's a little cluttered with everything on it but I'll never skirmish it like that. Gotta love the adaptability of rails.

Here's something i chucked together this evening;

P1000471.jpg

P1000468.jpg

Base gun was a colt bodied G&P M4A1, re-wired for a buffer tube lipo. Added a G&P Mk18 RISII rail, KA Troy sights, G&P Troy flashhider, magpul bits. I'm quite pleased with the result :)

Decided to go back to black:

IMG_20100708_182857.jpg

The (shiny) upper is about the only stock part left, and I have to replace it since the newer ones have better tolerances.

IMG_20100708_182920.jpg

A lot of people bevel the TSC trigger but for some reason I like the feel of the sharp edge.

I sprayed the UBR and CASV with plain old black camo Krylon, and added a top coat of Alumahyde matte clear. It's hard to tell from the cellphone pics but the Alumayhyde leaves a tough, textured surface.

IMG_20100708_183132.jpg

Got gas? Ignore that lonely PDW mag.

IMG_20100708_183533.jpg

Aight guys, It's been a while but my GBBR is going through some pretty serious changes. Including Prime KAC lower. ATM, I have no rail system, so nothing to photograph.

However, I felt the need to share with you my custom UBR strike plate.

CIMG0277.jpg

<3 Strike plate. I kinda wanna get it refinished, the coat is kinda glossy for me.