Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

That is fair, what would you think would be a fair price?

I'm not really one to say. Each person would like to spend only so much. If it WERE me, I'd say the $40-$50 ish range is fair, considering the costs to get it decent and even running.

It's all about supply and demand. Let Magpul PTS price their products accordingly. Unless you can wait for a cheaper, possibly inferior clone to hit the market.

At the moment, i'm fine the way my ACR is.

I'm surprised it's that cheap myself. I was under the impression it was going to be a lot more expensive given how much more complicated they are than the fixed stock and how much more labor intensive they were to make. They're a lot cheaper than the real deal from what I recall.

I'm surprised it's that cheap myself. I was under the impression it was going to be a lot more expensive given how much more complicated they are than the fixed stock and how much more labor intensive they were to make. They're a lot cheaper than the real deal from what I recall.

I agree. I was actually expecting for the folding stock to be around $150, so $70 seams very reasonable to me.

$70 for the folding stock isn't bad, I wonder how sturdy it will be though. Maybe a real folding stock will fit and be more durable.

Based on the sturdiness of Magpul's other products, I am willing to guess that the folding stock will be very sturdy.

Am I the only one that doesn't really like a folding stock?

I have one on my SCAR and never use it, the sliding adjustment is good but I'm not a fan of the folding.

The fixed ACR stock is just awesome looking and I don't think I'll ever change it :D

I'm stoked for the stock. I think the price is totally reasonable. Like I posted earlier, I anticipated the stock being much more expensive so this is good news to me. Not too mention it looks pretty ;-)

I picked up my Magpul ACR in FDE yesterday at AEX (2010-09-10) - Serial Number 01650.

The overall construction of the gun is incredibly solid and the gun was clocking in at around 351 FPS. Immediately after my purchase, I went straight to Hollywood Sports Park in Bellflower for their Friday Night Airsoft games to field my new toy. Performance was very respectable with 0.25g bb's and I was surprised by the modest ROF and trigger response I was getting with the 7.4v Socom Gear battery I was using.

Bottom Line: I am very happy with my purchase and I can't wait for my next outing.

-Shin

Here's a picture from last night - I took off the Orange flashider that came with the gun but I didn't have a CW flashider to replace it with. lol

2010-09-10-pic-01-HSP1.jpg

That is fair, what would you think would be a fair price?

"Fair price" is a very controversial term.

You could ponder on "fair" as based on what a proper markup on produced goods should be before you're fleecing your market.

Most of airsoft pricing isn't fair, but magpull is a worst offender of inflating pricing of what is really a few bucks of plastic/screws, etc....

OR

You could consider "fair" as based upon what the market will bear, meaning that Magpul is a little high, but not by much as we airsofters are suckers enough to pay what they ask, not what we think we should pay (and thus can't put the genie back in the bottle anymore).

Unfortunately, this is the case for real-steel as well. The market lost the battle due to false urgency and supply/demand values.

(Example: the same AK47 RS you buy in the US for $600 you can get in Russia right out of the the factory for $75).

Hey guys, if you preorder one from AirsoftGI today (before 9/13) and use the coupon code "wow" you save about $68 on the $480 purchase. Free shipping, too.tongue.gif

Sounds like about 15% off.

I used the coupon "hot" and got only 10%.

Oh well.

Now, if only they'll finally arrive and ship out!!!

I ordered black, asked them for Foliage, and not rethinking my decision.

On one hand the foliage would go better with my ACU uniform. But the black would mean I could share mags with my existing M4 and not mismatch.

Anyone else had issues with the magazine release? I striped her down earlier to find that the micro switch had been installed incorrectly and the black wire was running out the wrong hole in the gearbox, leading to the mag catch binding on it occasionally and biting through the insulation.

It had the semi auto problem too which is exactly that of the Ares Tavor, the inner piece is binding on the outter piece and the coloured areas are the parts that need a slight shave to allow them to move freely.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4333841586_aa46984a2d_o.jpg

The selector gears were a little out of timing too and caused lockkups occasionally. you have to adjust the selector plate by hand when refitting the gearbox and then make sure the selectors are both pointing where you want them to, I start by moving the plate into the semi position, then the selectors and then refit the gearbox while holding the selector plate and preventing it from moving. Overall the gun isnt as "Magpul" as i would have expected. It feels a lot more Ares, and while i don't know for sure who makes the actual plastics, they aren't of the same quality (looks and feel) as the PTS MOE and MIADs side by side. That said, its nice quality and the selectors are very nice, big improvement over the A&K and the charging lever is solid, but the attention to detail in assembling this is terrible, as is the shim job on the garbox. Its a lot more whiney than i would like.

Have any of the rest of you guys been able to spin the cylinder by hand? i can rotate it and move it forwards and backwards about a millimeter with the upper receiver off. its miles out. ohmy.gif