A happy, happy day for Vietnam fans...

hwagan

After several hours of perving at the new 14.5 G&P MRP, i figured i'd see if there's anything else interesting they're coming up with. Lo and behold, there was.

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=2599

Knowing G&P it'll be hitting shelves in a month or 2 - No more scouring the earth for the TM plastic version, no more scouring the earth for the HurricanE metal body kit, etc etc. Personally, i'm immensely pleased to see G&P making this, and from what little i can tell, it seems a pretty accurate replica. I'm eagerly waiting the release, especially after calculating the cost of FMK'ing a TM original, even if i could find the parts to do so.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what i know (which is probably wrong), the Car-15 was the predecessor to the XM177... It was called the Model 607, and about 50 were produced from spare parts and issued to Navy seals and a few K-9 units, from what wikipedia tells me. Technically the G&P one is a replica of the 607A, which has a standard pistol grip and forward assist. I've seen a few grainy pictures of them in the hands of seals. Either way, it'll be nice to have a decent 607 replica widely available, i've been missing my old TM version for years!

*edit*

SEAL-2-332x439.jpg

That's one of only 3 pictures i've ever seen of the RS version.

Oooh, more in action photos i hadn't seen - Thanks for the link!

Seems to me they were more commonly fitted with the Xm177 style hider.. As soon as G&P release it i'll be doing everything i can to get my mits on one and review it. Other than the lower receiver markings, it seems a pretty good copy. Either way, i want one.

*edit*

Also, halfway down this page:

http://www.gp-web.com/en/products.php?did=GPWEB&cid=GP_AIR&bid=GP_AEG&cp=4

Stoner LMG!

Same here, and i absolutely loved the thing... Absolutely tiny, weighed nothing, stock was great... That was about 6 years ago when i was 17 and i stupidly sold it. I was looking at getting a decent nick one a short while ago, and even after finding one i realised it'd be next to impossible to get hold of the proprietary metal kit, as well as prohibitively expensive. Knowing G&P, this is going to hit the UK for around £220-240, which is about a third of what i'd have ended up paying. Not only that, it'll have amazing G&P internals as well as suitably beautiful externals.

Only slight dissapointment is G&P using the 'M16-A1' marked lower receiver as opposed to the VN style 'Colt's AR15' type - They already make one for the M16VN, so it seems silly not to use it. I still want one.

Sorry mates but I would not belived until it hits shelfs.

I am still angry waiting (or even no longer) for G&P Stoner. It is in progress on their web site since when? Two or three years now!

Sorry mates but I would not belived until it hits shelfs.

I am still angry waiting (or even no longer) for G&P Stoner. It is in progress on their web site since when? Two or three years now!

In fairness, the stoner LMG is pretty much a totally new design - The Car-15's just need a few plastics knocked up, so there's no real heavy re-tooling, unlike the stoner. Going on past G&P AR15 releases, it's usually about 2 months from 'In progress' til it gets to distributors etc.

As for the GBB version... Hot damn.

Only slight dissapointment is G&P using the 'M16-A1' marked lower receiver as opposed to the VN style 'Colt's AR15' type - They already make one for the M16VN, so it seems silly not to use it. I still want one.

Seems the WOC GBB Version is AR Marked, what the hell does WOC actually stand for anyway?

Maybe G&P have cannibalised the AEG lower moulds for the markings so they're using A-1 marked lowers on the AEG's and using the proper markings for the (probably more profitable) WOC's? Either way, it's a tiny flaw in a gun i've been waiting so long for, especially as it's coming from my favourite manufacturer. Besides, with the history of the 607, i'm sure it's plausible a couple may have been made/re-built/fixed with an A1 lower.

As for WOC, i think it's 'Western arms Official Custom' - Only thing i can logically derive from it.

:(

It looks utterly awesome. If only it wasnt G&P I'd be all over it.

Hopefully a chinese company will clone the style soon, maybe CA.

GET OVER IT, Broken record FFS, every frikkin G&P thread, you don't like them, we get it, most of us have no or little issue with them, we don't need to hear about it thread after thread, especially on such a positive thread,

c'Mon the CAR-15 :)

And sod Vietnam, mines getting tarted up with some modern bits :D

GET OVER IT, Broken record FFS, every frikkin G&P thread, you don't like them, we get it, most of us have no or little issue with them, we don't need to hear about it thread after thread, especially on such a positive thread,

*sigh* You're right, of course :(

Its just that the CAR-15 is probably the one gun that could get me back into electric guns. Maybe I'll get one anyway and give it a try.

It's the only sensible option! Every company is bound to have lemons now and again, some guy having a bad day on the other side of the world forgetting to tighten a screw isn't uncommon. Get it from somewhere in the UK where it comes with a decent warranty, and in the unlikely event it goes wrong, just send it back and get it fixed smile.gif

IT'S A FRIKKIN' CAR-15!

*edit*

Normally i'd say don't do it Aitch, but it's G&P so there'll be hundreds of them! with all sorts of available spare parts! I'm keeping mine the way Colt intended, except maybe getting an AR-15 marked lower.

here are some other classic pics

6071.jpg

6073.jpg

6072.jpg

6074.jpg

6075.jpg

first three are all from the same mission

Best way to make it more correct is machine the lower part of the fence, to make it a half fence, not so difficult

That's what I am planning on doing

And then refinishing the upper and lower, re-anodizing it completely or painting it.

Nevermind the markings, That I can live with,

maybe in the future, bead welding them, or grinding them out

Right now I just want to get my hands on one :P

Archived