'Heat' tactical vest

GuzziHero

I guess folks missed this on the Arnies news page...

I know I didnt like the film but is this or is this not the most awesome vest ever?

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/heat-tactical-vest-by-tgc-1999-p.asp

I dont think it'll work well with fatigues etc but those of us who like to wears suits etc to games, it looks splendid :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that it's only inspired by the movie, of which I'm a fan of, is what turned me off. Now it's just a fancy vest that looks like it came from the movie and just as difficult to shoulder a weapon with. If they were going to brandish "Heat" so much in their ads, they should have just made an exact replica in the first place.

wonder why :rolleyes:

Looking at it it looks alright, not sure about the placement of the highest mags tho.

(just knows I will be casing the suits in Tesco for jackets big enough to hide the *frootcagio* thing now :( )

I didnt like the film so accuracy means nothing to me.

Blasphemy! The only film where you find Deniro and Al Pacino holding hands and crying at the end and not be gay, and you don't like it?!? Anyhow, you're actually just better off modifying a 3-piece suit as it would probably be cheaper. The pouches on the real thing are just strips of 1" black garter sewn unto a vest. The mags are held on either end by a strap of garter sewn into a "T" shape and are deployed by yanking one end of the retaining garter pieces and pulling the mag out. They're almost impossible to put back single handed as they're intended for quick deployment only, not for tactical reloads. For airsoft use, you might want to put this in tandem with a dump pouch.

I'm half tempted to buy one just because of the frankly awesome marketing - The below comment from the retailer about the Youtube clip of the scene made me chuckle;

"but it has some kind of gay music half way added to this video"

At a mere $39 why bother making one? Presumably you'd want a base vest in order to make one so you may as well just buy the complete thing imho.

I think it looks awesome, but I don't have any guns at all which take AR mags :(

That's why if you make one, you can tailor them to carry any sort of mag you have. As cheap as the vest itself is, it's kinda big and shipping wont be cheap. If you know how to look around, you could probably score a vest for $10 and maybe $3 for the elastic and thread.

That is true, but although I am quite a dab hand with a sewing machine for the time and effort it'd take to get it upto my stupidly pedantic standards I'd say its a reasonable price :D If only it were made for MP5 or G3 mags....

Right got mine today :D Had to use a mix of VN and full mags for pics since I dont have many full length. VNs in the upper pockets = a free shoulder for the gun anyway. As suggested, a dump pouch would be ideal to use with this vest, the mags ARE finickity to get in, but at least the straps keep the VN mag hatches shut.

Apologies for the dull expression - I know, GuzziHero doesnt change facial expression. I dont have a 'camera' face.

And yes, I am defending my living room from terrorists. You'd be amazed how many of them hide in there.

Closed but not fastened jacket. You WILL need an oversize jacket if you want to hide this thing.

DSCF2471.jpg

It makes drawing (mags) fun!

DSCF2472.jpg

A horribly unnatural shooting stance, but the jacket kept falling forwards. Pretend I've just been taken surprise by a terrorar or something.

DSCF2475.jpg

Look how butch I am. GRRARR!

DSCF2476.jpg

Showing how much adjustment there is. I'm a fairly rotund bloke and this was comfy breathing out. See how much cord there is left!

DSCF2478.jpg

I like that, I think it looks pretty nice.

I would definitely think about getting one but with that wonderful postage cost I may end up making one, would make it a bit more customizable at that point on top of the fact could add a dump bag to it myself.

Archived