USP Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody made a RE4 style USP? It sort looks like a USP Expert with a threaded barrel and silver slide. There is a LAM unit (the thin cylindrical type) and the hammer, trigger and slide stop are silver. The only difficult part in making a USP like this is that the RE4 USP has wood grips

I think some guy asked ealier about the slide stop after a metal slide upgrade. It depends on if the notch in the slide and the lever fit together well and, more importantly, the mag spring. You need a strong mag spring to make sure the slide stop comes up quickly enough to catch the slide and has enough force to keep it there. This probably wasn't a problem before because the plastic slide has less mass.

Edited by John_234
It's an M6x but hey, that's like practically the same :P

If you're thinking about doing this, I wouldn't suggest it. The M6x sticks out quite a bit, so you'd be better of with an Insight X2.

hey thanks! +1

the only reason why i wont want the x2 is because i want a replica. the real insights are too expensive. and star has the m6 at a very good price. is there any x2 replicas?

thanks again!

Nice MK23, does it have a metal slide? My MK23 is on a speedpost ems airplane right now :)

No, not yet, I'm still missing the fundings. The USPc has a G&G metal slide. the USP and Mk23 are both getting one anyway, somewhere in the summer.

Maybe I'll also add a USP OD to my collection.

Edited by NeoVeNoM
No, not yet, I'm still missing the fundings. The USPc has a G&G metal slide. the USP and Mk23 are both getting one anyway, somewhere in the summer.

Maybe I'll also add a USP OD to my collection.

Nice, ya mine is going to have the heavy weight slide for a while. No money at the moment. But when i do, im going to order the shooters design phase 3 slide :)

Not all Compacts have bobbed hammers, usually the DAO versions have it as standard, but then they'd have no need for a control lever...

Also there are different mag baseplates depending on the market etc. You can get a few different types: flat, shelf-type, jet-funnel (Elites).

And if the pic is clear enough it should read "Compact" on the slide  :P

Now if anyone could get hold of an airsoft USP45 Compact Tactical, I'd be impressed... ;)

Yeah but in the film world, it doesn't stop you from smithing your own slides that don't say "Compact" on them and I doubt we'd see a USP45CT since its a totally different size than the normal USPC

Nice MK23, does it have a metal slide? My MK23 is on a speedpost ems airplane right now :)

WOW, my mk23 and parts were supposed to come yesterday, but i got a little pink slip saying i need to sign it. the courier circles where i need to sign my name and print it. I also checked the box to leave the package at my home! So i do, i left it sitting on my doorknob. So today is the 18th, and i got another little pink slip! This is odd, the first time this has happened, when i ordered my p226 with speedpost, i left a note by my doorbell asking them to leave it there. I am really bad at this stuff lol. I hate waiting. anyways, i had to call them and schedule a redeliver since i NEED to be there to sign it. man..i hate waiting lol.

I'm getting a KWA USP with the KWA metal slide on it that has trades, but the finish looks pretty bad, so I think that I'll sand it and repaint it. But what I'm worried about is are the trades engraved or just painted on because I'd rather not take them off when I sand the slide.

I'm getting a KWA USP with the KWA metal slide on it that has trades, but the finish looks pretty bad, so I think that I'll sand it and repaint it. But what I'm worried about is are the trades engraved or just painted on because I'd rather not take them off when I sand the slide.

KWA usp does not have any trades whatsoever. KWA is like KSC, but for americans.

This isn't airsoft, but its are amazing enough to deserve to be posted here:

NOT MINE. Taken by mfinger over on ar15.com

Also saw this picture last time I checked ar15.com, I believe the maker said it was an airsoft pistol that he got in a trade for a sandwich or something :/

Ah, found it:

What's amazing is that gun is an airsoft!

Mark, you bought that from Heavy 6 right?

Yep.

I actually traded Heavy 6 a ham sammich for it..

It doesn't say which brand but by the shiny looks of it, I would say it's a TM.

That real steel looks worse in terms of finish and quality than my KSC with Zeke slide and barrel!

How is the zeke metal slide and barrel for the ksc mk23? i was planning on getting the SD phase 3 slide and barrel. But the zeke one is interesting. why is it so expensive? whats the difference?

It's smooth, cast zinc alloy with a black anodised finish. Bought mine donkeys ago so no idea what's going on right now.

However, going by my SD USPc slide and barrel set, which is CNC'd from Aluminium alloy block so I imagine the same for the SD Mk23 set, then I'm surprised the Zeke set is more expensive since it is cast and made from an inferior metal.

Edit:

Just looked at Dentrinity and the SD slide is more expensive by $10 but it is all CNC'd from proper aluminium alloy so I don't know how Zeke justify their price.

I know I didn't pay anywhere near that much 4-5 years ago.