WE Sneak Peak

Lance Jackass

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look carefully at the pic, the L85A1 is actually an R85 from Army with the CO2 system retrofitted into it (look at the R85 printed on the side of that receiver).

Though I don' know how that would fit, since the magwell of the ARMY/G&G is wider than the WE mags.

I'm probably being thick, but I can't find anything on the GBB SA80??? can someone help and be really sarcastic about my stupidity?? cheers :-)

http://airsoft-news.eu/e107_images/newspos..._promo_2505.jpg

I sort of had the same problem, for about 5 seconds until I actually read through airsoft-news and found it.

Just to add my two cents worth (not that it is worth that!)

I would be forever happy, eternally grateful and would give up a big lump of hard earned cash for a GBB, full metal replica of the Wildey .475 10" handgun (with trademarks if possible). This is the pistol that Charles Bronson's character Paul Kersey used in Death Wish 3 (I'm a big fan of the 80's action movies, for all their greatness and ridiculousness I can't get enough!). The Wildey would need a heavy kick of blowback to make it feel right but not so much to spoil it's use for skirmishing, it would need to have a decent range too, good fps and variable hop up.

Go ahead...make my day!

(I realise that's from a line from The Enforcer delivered perfectly by Clint but I couldn't help myself!)

All i know is i want Browning.

But WE, if you do clone the Tanaka then please improve the mag gas system as of the two Tanaka High Powers i have seen, both kept developing leaky mags.

Now for a shirt, trousers, splash of blood here and there and voila a RPD officer loadout.

'FireKnife'

I second the Wildey. RBOV, I suggest picking up a Marushin Automag. Great pistol of similar properties and also featured in a great action movie.

I did have a chance to get a black Marushin 44 Automag but for obvious reasons I wanted a silver version which I still cannot get hold of here in the UK. I really hope the Wildey .475 is picked up by WETTI as a production model. They could even consider producing a wooden presentation box like Paul Kersey has in the film to make it a real showpiece for collectors and airsofters.

PLEASE PLEASE make the Wildey handgun WETTI !! I'm sure you would sell LOADS of them, there's a lot of Wildey fans out in the world let alone the Death Wish movie fans!

There isn't much difference.... unless they replicate the A1's bad reliability hehe

This is still good news, now we'll have a SCAR and an SA80 GBB. Not a big fan of either of those rifle designs, but it is still good news.

What I really want is an M14 GBB, now that would be so awesome.

The mag-catch guard on the A2 is crucial. The cocking lever is purely cosmetic for airsoft purposes. AEG and real steel alike, mags in the A1 version are prone to being accidentally released.

Erik.

I'm really interested to see how they've stuck the gas system in the standard Army Armaments/G&G shell.

But agreed. If the only thing they change is adding a mag catch shroud, that's the least they should do.

I've seen an L85 with a real steel A2 handguard fitted and it's a much better part, much more solid.

The cocking lever for sure would be nicer in A2 format

subsequently corrected on A1's as well

Indeed true.... I used a mag catch shrouded A1 for a while.

The only thing I want to know for sure....

CO2 mags for the Browning??? PLEAASEEEE!

Looks like Wei tech have a GBB SA80A1 and browning high power coming out, amongst other things.

http://airsoft-news.eu/news.php

Why the A1 version???? I just don't get it. It's not current issue it has a terrible reputation. It was so bad that H&K had to re-engineer it to the A2 version

Surely WE must know that the L85A1 version was the laughing stock in Desert storm. Mags kept falling out, unreliable and a generally crappy reputation.

WE should be making the L85A2 version- one of the finest assault rifles in the world and current issue to UK infantry and Royal Commando forces.

Why the A1 version???? I just don't get it. It's not current issue it has a terrible reputation. It was so bad that H&K had to re-engineer it to the A2 version

Surely WE must know that the L85A1 version was the laughing stock in Desert storm. Mags kept falling out, unreliable and a generally crappy reputation.

WE should be making the L85A2 version- one of the finest assault rifles in the world and current issue to UK infantry and Royal Commando forces.

I think it's because Army have not put the A2 version of their R85 onto the market yet - WE are using the current crop of A1 bodys to fit the gas parts into.

• 2 weeks later...
other than the mag catch guard and the changed cocking lever, how much cosmetic difference is there between a A1 and A2

Absolutely none whatsoever.

All the RS mods (apart from the cocking handle) were internal until the "HK A2" handguards and the rest of the accessories (UGL, RIS front end etc etc) started coming off the production line.

All A1's were modified with the mag release guard between '91 and '95.

The first batches of A2 were all still fitted with the A1 handguard.

I'd really like to see a Browning Hi-Power though... Would save me a fortune in getting my Tanaka fixed every time it breaks a piece of pig metal....

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot wait to get one of the Browning Hi-Powers, but I do like the suggestion of the Wildey survivor. I love that gun, although not neccessarily the .475 as per Death Wish 3, it is more popular in .45 calibre in real life as it is a more common cartridge size (not that it makes a difference in airsoft). If you havent seen it then check out 'The Hard Way' with Michael J Fox and James Woods, it has a notable role in that with the party crasher, and also a few other films. I definately think it has to be the long barrel version, like the one that Bronson uses, it is one sexy gun. Also, it would be pretty awesome in 8mm as opposed to 6, but never as a black version, god only knows what marushin were thinking making a black automag (the gun is stainless!).

Archived