Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

I posted this just now in the AR15 Picture Thread, but you guys probably would appreciate this more ;) :

=============================================================================

I've not been posting much lately, in part because I've been getting into RS training and shooting and doing some consulting work on the side, but mostly because I've been working on a few projects of my own. This is one I finally completed at long last. It's about as close as I can get to the KAC / Magpul Dynamics SR15.

Click any pic for a larger resolution.

kacmdlefta.jpg

kacmdleftb.jpg

kacmdleftcmz.jpg

kacmdrighta.jpg

kacmdrightb.jpg

kacmdrightc.jpg

kacmd3quartercloseupmd.jpg

Limited Edition, super rare Light Weight URX :

lwurx.jpg

I've been working on this project for about 15 months now. Needless to say it was a lot easier to accomplish before KAC decided to switch the rail from their normal midlength URX II to a limited edition Light Weight URX. Knights Armament only made approximately 150 of these LW URX's, 100 that were installed on the limited edition KAC / Magpul Dynamics rifles, and 50 that were sold to long time customers and friends on (I believe it was) the SilencerTalk forum. Finding a LW URX that someone was willing to sell proved almost impossible, but I did get VERY lucky eventually. The front sight is spring activated which is a first for the URX series, and it's a shame they decided not to do it on the URX III. The LW URX is basically a URX 2.5 as it was a design they were considering evolving the URX II to until they opted to go with the design features in the URX III instead and therefore have no plans in the future to manufacture the LW URX again. To my knowledge, no replicas of the LW URX have ever been made and this may very well be the only Airsoft KAC/MD SR15 E3 IWS to ever exist. :D

It isn't quite perfect, but I'm happy with it. The only things it's really lacking is the Special Edition built-in to the upper receiver rear Micro BUIS which on the RS is permanently attached. I opted to use a bolt on KAC Micro BUIS instead. Also on the RS version the lower receiver's QD cups are machined down and plugged flush to the E3 receiver so that the Magpul ASAP plate can be installed unaltered. I guess I could have done that ... I just wasn't that motivated. So instead, I chose to grind down a standard Magpul ASAP to fit around the QD cups which is the same as what I did with all my other VFC SR15's.

Parts list:

• VFC SR15 E3 IWS

• RS Magpul ASAP

• RS Magpul CTR - FDE

• RS KAC Micro Rear BUIS

• RS KAC LW URX

• RS Aimpoint T-1

• RS KAC Aimpoint Micro mount

• Magpul PTS MOE Pistol Grip - FDE, with PTS metal grip base in black

• Magpul PTS Polymer Trigger Guard - FDE

• Magpul PTS PMAG - FDE

• DYTac 16" Dimpled Barrel (early prototype)

• Iron Airsoft KAC TTB

• G&P Lipo ready buffer tube

• Madbull Ultimate HopUp w/ KM TBB and H-Nub

The Illustrator artwork for the custom engravings were done by me based off reference pics I took at Shot Show 2010, and based off my real SR15 upper. They're 100% accurate as I was recently able to compare them to a friend's RS KAC/MD SR15 (which was a relief since I had already done the laser engravings by that point). Only two VFC receivers were done this way, one for me and one for my buddy in HK. The laser engravings came out really nice and crisp. The only difficulty I encountered when getting them done was finding a laser engraver in HK with an engraving machine with enough clearance to be able to do the Dynamics logo on the front face of the mag well. This whole project would have come together a lot quicker if US Postal Services hadn't lost my SR15 for 5 months. I was convinced it had been seized and "destroyed". Imagine my surprise when my friend called me several months later to say that the gun had returned to HK. Speaking of US Postal Services they also misplaced my LW URX in transit for 3 plus months. I was about ready to give up on the entire project when one day my postal lady excitedly handed me my package long thought lost. Anyway, there you have it.

Project complete! :)

Just recently got a WE M4 CQBR that I MAGPUL'd, probably a pretty standard and boring configuration but I am super please with it :-) I did a cover shot with some fancy pants overlay graphics that turned out pretty nice, here are some shots;

00_we_m4_cqbr_ob_co2_magpul_overlay_graphics.jpg

01_left_we_m4_cqbr_ob_co2_magpul.jpg

02_rightwe_m4_cqbr_ob_co2_magpul.jpg

12_bad_we_m4_cqbr_ob_co2_magpul.jpg

Here's a look at the configuration stages I am going to be running, waiting on some PMAG shells and some parts to get these togheter (some parts not avaliable in the tool used to create these thumbnails);

99_pimpmygun_we_m4_cqbr_ob_co2_configs.jpg

Full album is avaliable here; https://picasaweb.google.com/117328876138007382074/NonExWEColtM4CQBRCO2MAGPULCustomGBBR2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

:-D

Edited by NonEx

Thanks. I am not too fond of the MOE hand guard either, hence my alternative setup. The MOE hand guard just looks too "nice" and not very aggressive, it is however damn comfortable especially in combination with the MVG. Quiet the oposite of the RIS and AFG setup, looks cool and aggressive, but I have problems getting comfortable with the AFG.

I haven't had a chance to test the BAD lever fully, but initial testing seems promising. Bolt locked back 25 times out of 25 that I tested and releasing work fine as well. Only thing I noticed was it had some play once installed, both up and down but also slightly side to side. I solved that by putting a piece of grip tape inside of the front mounting piece before sandwhiching the parts togheter. Oh and the other thing is that the BAD lever positions itself EXACTLY (when engaged/bolt locked back) where you would normally rest your trigger finger on the receiver when not on the trigger, very irritating and will require quiet a bit of re-training to get used to. Either you can bend/arc your finger around the lever or position it below it, under the magwell edge. I think the latter is better because if you are under the BAD lever, pressure applied to it (upwards) won't release it into battery.

The "thumbnail" preview rifles are done with this nifty tool: http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php

Noticed that my Google Picasa links are dynamic and seem to come and go... Refer to the album link for the pics if they are broken. :-|

Edited by NonEx

Nice USCM, I thought about this build, but couldn't locate the LW URX, so I gave up and decided to go with the URX3 instead. Did you manage to get your hands on the handstop for the LW-URX? I believe it's the same as the URX3 handstop except with a slightly different washer nut (KAC P/N 25985-1).

nice, worth the wait lavie_lavraie.gif

Damn you USCM....

You make the gods weep with the beauty of your builds :(

:D Thanks guys!

Nice USCM, I thought about this build, but couldn't locate the LW URX, so I gave up and decided to go with the URX3 instead. Did you manage to get your hands on the handstop for the LW-URX? I believe it's the same as the URX3 handstop except with a slightly different washer nut (KAC P/N 25985-1).

I like the URX III. Aesthetics-wise, I prefer the LW URX, but the URX III is more functional (IMO). I've always enjoyed the variety of configurations you guys have come up with in these pic threads. I've not had much spare time these last few years, so I haven't been able to tinker as much as I would like. Typically, I decide on a project and just focus on that until it's completed. This particular project was definitely one of them. I had considered going with the earlier version of the KAC/MD rifle that used the older style mid-length URX II had I not been able to find the LW URX. It was very lucky that I did. I have a URX III lying around here somewhere. I may still put it to use on one of my rifles or on a whole new build. Gotta start thinking another one up I guess. :)

I might order a URX III handstop for these rails. I also plan to try a Magpul AFG on it too. At one of my last MD Carbine II classes, Travis was running a KAC/MD SR15 and he had a AFG bolted to it. I'll try that out on my KAC/MD SR15 too.

My Magpul X KAC URX3:

IMG_7583.jpg

IMG_7585.jpg

IMG_7586.jpg

IMG_7587.jpg

IMG_7589.jpg

Edit: Parts List:

-VFC SR15

-RS KAC URX3

-RS KAC URX3 Proprietary Handstop

-G&P 16" Dimpled Barrel

-KA KAC-Style flashider

-Dytac VLTOR Gasblock

-Custom Mid-length gas tube

-Magpul PTS MIAD (Custom colored front strap)

-RS Magpul CTR & Enhanced Buttpad

-RS Trijicon Accupoint TR24 (1-4x) w/ ADM Recon Mount

-RS Surefire M600C Scoutlight w/ Larue Offset Mount (custom cerakoted dark earth)

Edited by Noveske

My magpul babies!

masada in her home with the long and short barrels, the AAC suppressor and 51T blackout FH on both barrels; RIS unit with an AFG fitted although I have a RVG for it too. The folding and full stocks an MS2 sling and you can't see it but theres an aimpoint micro T1 in there somewhere!

c20cd7f3.jpg

98f88cc8.jpg

Next up a nice G&P M4 RIS fitted with an element PEQ15, ACM ACOG, magpul MOE pistol grip XTM rail panels, element surefire scout replica, magpul trigger guard and an MOE stock. Internally it has an ASCU fitted set to semi and three round burst.

58f796e8.jpg

8784f85b.jpg

Next is the G&P LMT MRP shorty. pretty standard externally but with the rebar FH back on it instead of the 51T. Also has an ASCU inside for semi and three round burst.

20086ea1.jpg

And finally! my two scratch build ones! the black is a hurricane body SBR with a G&P jungle RAS which is soon to be replaced with a DD omega X. The gas block is soon to be a low profile VLTOR one and the FH is a JP Rifles muzzle break now. Also ditched optics on this one in favour of MBUS's.

the tan one is a G&P magpul lower and VLTOR upper with a DD 9"lite rail and a UBR stock with all the other little magpul bits you'd expect!

IMG_1163.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look, i hope you like them!

Edited by Philbucknall

I made this simple thing. Got a really cheap G&P M4 Marine with Fixed stock, second hand. Being fixed stock, I wanted to do something about it. Of course after all these parts, it stopped being so cheap...

M4.jpg

G&P M4A1 Marine Fixed Stock

Magpul PTS handguard

Magpul PTS Vertical Grip

Magpul PTS Rail

VLTOR iMOD STOCK

King Arms 6 pos. stock tube with markings

CQB Sling Mount

G&P Aimpoint Comp 2

Element Surefire clone. Nice and powerful.

Lacking a rear sight, unfortunately we were all out of flip-up buis. :/ Oh well, need to bring my carry handle with me just in case...

Magpul plus AK is a good combo. What about Magpul plus Troy? :P

6213059626_6dcb5e3d8a_b.jpg[

6212544877_434a55314f_b.jpg

External Parts:

Troy TRX Extreme rail (REAL. Not replica. Required some modding do the G&P delta ring)

VFC PEQ-15

Magpul AFG

Magpul/G&P Metal Body

Magpul CTR Stock

Magpul MAID

Magpul MBUS sights (Need to be replaced eventually due to blocking my PEQs laser. But they dont block the light so I can deal with it for awhile >< )

Magpul PMAG

Magpul ASAP sling swivel

VFC KAC style suppressor.

AMP Micro dot replica with Killflash.