Magpul Picture Thread

Do I even need to say it?

Good job as usual man... Do you plan to keep the welds nakid, or are you gonna paint them?

Probably not going to paint it as the original bolt is anodized. Probably would look tacky if painted over. May use some steel blue to darken it later on, but I think it looks ok for now.

AEG? I know that the mags arn't gas, but that project would be absolute sex if it were a GBB platform.

Thought about it, and went the AEG route for a couple reasons: GBBR wouuld be GHK which is notoriously problematic & the Bulgarian Waffle mag mod would be a nightmare.

Edited by Noveske
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Fantastic job! I no MP fanboy, but that just makes me feel warm in a special place.

Thought about it, and went the AEG route for a couple reasons: GBBR wouuld be GHK which is notoriously problematic & the Bulgarian Waffle mag mod would be a nightmare.

I thought about attempting this project with the AK74 WE is supposed to release soonish, being their recent releases have been relatively good platforms. If I do, I know whose finished job I will be using as reference!

Is the original MAG-K 5.45 or 7.62? I'm not familiar enough with the AK plaform to say for sure but eyeballing it the translucent waffle mag looks like a 5.45 angle to me. Maybe a shell could be done a la the WE M4 PMAG mod?

Fantastic job! I no MP fanboy, but that just makes me feel warm in a special place.

I thought about attempting this project with the AK74 WE is supposed to release soonish, being their recent releases have been relatively good platforms. If I do, I know whose finished job I will be using as reference!

Is the original MAG-K 5.45 or 7.62? I'm not familiar enough with the AK plaform to say for sure but eyeballing it the translucent waffle mag looks like a 5.45 angle to me. Maybe a shell could be done a la the WE M4 PMAG mod?

Boring out the insides of a translucent mag will result in cloudiness.

The original is actually in 5.56. I use the same bulgy mags in my saiga and they do not like being cut... Honestly, I think polish steel mags in FDE or even galil orlites would look pretty awesome on a magpul AK, probably better than the bulgy mags (especially the BP ones, they really didn't do a good job if they were going for an accurate replica)

I'm also thinking about remaking my magpul AK on a GBBR platform once WE comes out with a full stock receiver (hoping for an AK74 with the 'magwell' and selector from the AKS74U), after they work out the typical 1st gen WE issues of course. Hopefully they'll be able to take real steel pistol grips.

Of course, I'll only be going down that road if I can't get in on the zeta labs as val preorder...

Also, picture thread and such.

AK004.jpg

Haha it's not that - I'm as big a Magpul as any other seasoned airsofter, but I just hate the fact how PTS loves to overprice their stuff.

Yeah I don't get how the Hong Kong imitation pieces are so much more then their real steel counterparts. I ended up purchasing all real steel Magpul products, other then the MIAD grips of course, because they were so much cheaper and easier to acquire at any gun store or online shop. Though anyways in regards to the MIAD grips, damn these things are comfortable.

300658_1926477854072_1605930950_1535401_235718776_n.jpg

300253_1926477614066_1605930950_1535400_1648373322_n.jpg

I seriously cannot understand why any AMERICAN AIRSOFTER would buy Magpul PTS... You live in a gun loving country where there is at least one gun store in every major US city stocked with Magpul parts. It has been said on several threads that PTS is primarily for airsofters who cannot buy US Magpul parts readily... Support the American economy!

The ONLY parts you should pay for that is PTS are gun-specific (off the top of my head...an AEG MIAD is the ONLY one), past that you really should be getting RS Magpul for everything else - sometimes they're a LOT cheaper (found some guys selling CTR's for $50 once...too bad I didn't catch on until they were OOS).

I feel the same about buying Magpul parts.

The only PTS kit I've bought have been the M-Version PMAGs, MOE AEG Grips, and MIAD AEG Grips.

Everything else is RS.

I also find it odd that people pay for ACM/Replica Magpul Mag Assists. As if the Magpul ones weren't cheap enough.

-Ex

All of my guns have used RS Magpul except the MIAD/MOE grip. The MOE handguard I have on my King Arms is real, too bad I had to destroy it by removing the steel heat shield so I could fit a battery. Magpul trigger gear fits fine in my AR too. I just need to use shims to keep it centered. My PTS PMAGs even use RS mag assists.

I find the Ranger Plates for RS fit great on the Magpul AS PMags.

How do people like the Gen 2 MBUS?

I think it's an improvement on Gen 1. A lower profile yet slightly longer/taller. The adjustment is much easier now that they use a spring loaded locking pin. I've noticed the activation spring is less stiff on the Gen2s. Here are some comparison pics:

c7a82f91.jpg

b002d7d1.jpg

27c8fa6b.jpg