Magpul Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My WE MSK GBB with some initial addons: MLOK sling loop, cheapass RIS angled grip and a 4x ACOG. I kinda forgot to put the silencer on. Next stop: two extra magazines and magazine bands marking t

Posted Images

Very nice Masada! Going with the Transformer 3 look, except a short masada.

Yeah well I bought the TF3 vest and really don't get enough chances to use it... But this weekend we're off to a cqb indoor site so black is ideal and switch Masada barrel over to cqb variety!

(Well spotted though Seraph01!)

Edited by Deadmeat

Cut the barrel short on the longer AR upper. Originally I had intended to get a inner barrel suitable for the 16" outer(the inner is RA-Tech M4A1 size, WA hop-up barrel), but these days I want to go to a shorter look and I figure I'd just cut the outer down instead...Also got a Gear Sector Surefire E mount...replacing the Larue one...

original.jpg

original.jpgoriginal.jpg

Still trying to go to a thinner style hand guard, NSR maybe? Not sure if I want to spend RS money, maybe'll I'll wait for Madbull's replica...Though that MI one that was posted earlier looks tempting...

Edited by RacingManiac

Slick photos as always.

Still trying to go to a thinner style hand guard, NSR maybe? Not sure if I want to spend RS money, maybe'll I'll wait for Madbull's replica...Though that MI one that was posted earlier looks tempting...

That upper has RS spec threading I'd presume? Gives a lot of options.

There's a youtube channel called 'faliaphotography' run by a nice lady who's done a pretty nice review of the NSR. I don't think the DD option would look so good on your rifle personally(just imho of course), and one thing I would at least consider even if you don't like the look of the Tory rails are the 'squid grips' that SKD tac have, because they seem like a really good idea to me. Though aesthetically the VTAC is nicer I'd agree, and the MI rail as you mention looks great on uscm's gun. Tough decision!

Yeah the only RS forends I've used thus far have been plastic handguards, the only rails I've seen drop right in have been things like the DD Omega that bolt on the standard barrel nut. I've trial fitted RS buffer tubes on my WOCs but I'm yet to see (or have seen but subsequently forgotten about) anyone put a RS rail with a proprietary nut on to a WA system rifle. Or more specifically the Prime receiver kits on a WA system rifle, though I'd have thought that Prime/Inokatsu threads were compatible.

If it were me I'd go with one of the Troy Alpha models because those drop right over a standard barrel nut, so you know for certain that you won't have to re-cut your upper. Then again it all depends how much you're concerned about that possibility I suppose, uscm has accomplished it as has been evidenced.

Looking to bounce some ideas here....The MI rail is very well priced, and with the points on Amazon I can get it for dirt cheap. But I am sorta wondering which color I should get....not sure I am prepared for a fully FDE rail....but not sure if getting black one will look with mostly FDE furniture...

Edited by RacingManiac