China [s]Beach[/s] Lake

renegadecow

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, seriously man, get those videos made and fire them off in some e-mail to King Arms, ICS, S-Thunder, G&P, G&G, Madbull...

There's truly no justice in the world if at least one of them doesn't go for it, and if you make royalties of every sale you'll be in the £$$$£.

I haven't really done anything yet towards that direction. Was thinking of hanging around with the one unit I've finished, monkey around with it and see what gives/needs improvement (although right now it looks like the stainless extractor was pretty much it) before I make an attempt to contact a manufacturer with a sales pitch.

Seriously, seriously man, get those videos made and fire them off in some e-mail to King Arms, ICS, S-Thunder, G&P, G&G, Madbull...

There's truly no justice in the world if at least one of them doesn't go for it, and if you make royalties of every sale you'll be in the £$$$£.

My bet would be G&P - I reckon this would be the perfect accompaniment to their Stoner LMG.

I'm still not over how awesome this is!

Quick question; I noticed you had a sling point on the front of the launcher: how sturdy is the material you used? would it be able to support itself if you put a sling on it or is it just for looks more? How much does it all weigh?

My bet would be G&P - I reckon this would be the perfect accompaniment to their Stoner LMG.

G&P would make a good replica. It'll work well and be solid (and perhaps a bit too heavy, but realistically so). There's only two problems with G&P: (1) is that they're sticklers for accuracy. While this replica looks really accurate they typically like to be able to produce replicas with actual measurements based off the real thing. You can tell them it's accurate, you can tell them it's based off pictures ... but they kinda like to find that out for themselves. (2) The other issue with G&P is that they're expensive. Even more so now that they've started transfering their production back to HK from China.

My suggestion would be Beta Project. They've been making a lot of good quality replicas lately, and at ACM prices. And like I told you before, renegadecow, I can put you in touch with them if you want to go forward with it. ;)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it guys.

G&P did cross my mind with them dishing out a near full line of Nam weapons. But UscmCorps is right in that they are more artisanal in their work (intonation on anal). If I remember it right in the redwolf vid tour of the "factory", they literally have maybe less than 10 guys doing final assembly work. But that's not saying they'll not accept outside influences like they've embraced the WOC. We'll see how it pans out as we get there. For now I'll have some fun with the beast.

I noticed you had a sling point on the front of the launcher: how sturdy is the material you used? would it be able to support itself if you put a sling on it or is it just for looks more? How much does it all weigh?

There's actually a 2nd sling point at the base of the stock comb. Why they put it on top instead of the typical bottom beats me. The sling hook itself is bent from a steel rod. The rear having a sheet metal fastener and the front a plastic rotating thingy. Either end can support more than loaded weight, but I did not test them to failure so I don't know exactly how much. It tips the scale at a mere 2kg unloaded (real at 3.75kg) while loaded with 3 CA nades makes it 2.75kg, light but very front heavy so I'm thinking of adding weights in the stock.

Complex parts are constructed from several simpler sections and glued together. The trigger for example is cut out of 3 layers of sheet each 3mm in thickness. I glue them together and then drill holes and shape it with a grinder or a sanding block for more precise work. The more complex the part as you could imagine the more pieces it is made out of like the bolt which is made of over a dozen smaller pieces of PVC. The trick is the glue I use which is industrial cyanoacrylate and practically welds the pieces together giving it the strength as if it were made of a single piece.

Archived