The Zombie Horde is fast approaching... What do you take?

bankz5152

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SKS. Ultra reliable, rugged

aren't these guns know for being unreliable

they have a free floating firing pin that is tapered which ofthen causes it to jam and cause the gun to runaway

Because they know .22 would be utterly pathetic against the walking dead

or because they know that no one would pay extra money to have .22 in a fancy box and with yellow polymer tips in stead of red one

and in general there isn't money to be made in .22 (to much competition which cuases low prices)

Because they know .22 would be utterly pathetic against the walking dead...

or because they know that no one would pay extra money to have .22 in a fancy box and with yellow polymer tips in stead of red one

and in general there isn't money to be made in .22 (to much competition which cuases low prices)

ohnonotthisshitagain.jpg

:P

'FireKnife'

I'm staying out of all zombie related posts even though I read every single one that goes up

You have failed :P

Saying that i think we should also have a time period on when the apocalypse happens, imagine it was in the Wild West, .44-40 Lever Action and a couple of SAA's for me :P

'FireKnife'

Its been about 4 pages since anyone actually answered this thread properly! I'm gonna give two sets of answers:

Realistic:

Main Weapon - Ruger 10/22, despite what everyone says, i don't think its likely i'll be able to get hold of a police or military issue weapon so i'll settle for what i can legally own that is semi-auto and has a decent mag-capacity.

Secondary Weapon - That FUBAR looks pretty good to me.

Vehicle/Transport - There's a guy round the corner from me who has a Land Rover 101 in the driveway, i'm banking on him not being home when the zompocalypse hits.

Woman - My fiancee, cos she's awesome.

Tune - Fortunate son, CCR

Battlecry - none, this is the realistic list!

Unrealistic:

Main Weapon - M870 14inch and a s**tload of slugs

Secondary Weapon(s) - Serbu Super-shorty(

)

XDM 40

S&W performance centre .357

And an axe, a big axe.

Vehicle - Tricked out 110 defender

Woman(s) - Natalie Portman & Scarlett Johanssen

Tune - .....the same, just louder, and i'd find the last remaining helicopter pilot and have him fly around nearby blasting it out of loudspeakers.

Battlecry - Natalie and Scarlett, hanging out of the 110's sunroof, yodelling.

That's zombie-killing heaven yo!

Seriously? you'd go for a 110 landy? arguably the most unreliable 'proper' 4x4?

Anyway.

Realistic:

Primary: Compound recurve bow with plenty of arrows.

Secondary: Two small bearded hand axes.

Transport: I'd most likely be at work while the Zomb-pocalypse strikes, so i'd head over to the commercial vehicle centre and pick up an nice diesel VW Amarok. I could go for a transporter, or crafter, but i've a feeling the easy 'throw stuff in the back' nature of the pick up would be a benefit, and it also has higher ground clearance.

Woman: Have to be the wife. She's great.

Tune: wouldn't have one. too loud.

Battlecry: Same as above. Doesnt make sense to advertise your location just for a bit of courage.

UNREALISTIC!

Primary: AS VAL. It's a folding stock silenced sniper rifle for crying out loud. what could be better?

Secondary: CZ-75 SP-01 tactical. It's a 9x19mm pistol which has a FRICKING BAYONET!

Transport: BTR-60. 'Nuff said.

Woman: Hmm. Tricky. You have to weigh up the pros of sheer attractiveness against the good genetics and survival capabilities. However, always had a soft spot for Jewell Staite (Kaylee from firefly).

battle song: DEATH IN THE SHAPE OF A PANZER BATALLION!

war cry: see above.

:D

1. AK5C. Reliable and it will be easy to find once the military starts to mobilize.

2. Glock 17 or a MACE! Military uses the Glock so it will be easy to find, but the mace is probably the more sensible choice as it never runs out of ammo. It's also excellent in the skull crushing department.

3. Probably a Volvo XC70. It's got some extra ground clearance, 4WD, reliable and it has a big boot.

4. Whatever female I feel attracted to and that isn't dead.

5. Warlock - All We Are

6. FUS RO DAH. Gotta keep it practical. ;)

Realistically, as I can get hold of it all with the greatest of ease.

1. Boring old over/under shotgun, or possibly .17 HMR with a box of FMJ rounds. somewhat better than .22 ;)

2. One of my swords: short, sharp, full tang and with a MOLLE compatible scabbard to mount on my back.

3. Defender 90 pickup with off roading mods. (remotely mounted radiator to keep the crud out, bigger wheels, engine tuned)

4. The tasty Welsh girl from work.

5. Woodkid - Iron

6. oh f**k oh f**k oh f**k oh f**k...

Unrealistic

1. HK416

2. Mk23 SOCOM

3. Toyota hilux tricked out like they did on Top Gear to drive to the north pole.

4. Megan Fox, Jewel Staite, Summer Glau or Zooey Deschanel.

5. Anything by Sabaton.

6. Come get some!

EDIT: On my unrealistic woman bit, also add the daughter of the redneck dude on sons of guns. There is something tasty about her and she blatantly knows her guns. (this is me hitting "save changes" while hoping she isn't underage or anything)

EDIT AGAIN: Stephanie Hayden. she's 25. phew.

You sir are a man after my own heart!

Woodkid Iron

Jewel Staite

And a Defender or Hilux!

On the Combine harvester deal, I think we should step it up a bit. Add a steel cage round the cab, turn the crop holding peice into a transport unit and of course add a gun rack and a couple 249s!

• 3 weeks later...

aren't these guns know for being unreliable

they have a free floating firing pin that is tapered which ofthen causes it to jam and cause the gun to runaway

Well if we're talking about a worst case sceaniro, world coming to an end, I could see more points for an SKS.

-No external magazine (could be a plus or minus). Its good because you can always manually load rounds if you lose your stripper clips. A magazine weapon would only become essentially a single shot weapon.

-Solid stock and bayonet would come in handy if there were hand to hand combat against people or zombies.

- Despite having a free floating firing pin that could possibly jam, it is still built like a tank, and when gun parts are few and far, more reliable than your average AR.

-its got that old world charm haha.

All in all, it would be great, and if you don't like it, you could easily use it to obtain better weapons.

1). LWRC 6.8mm if ammo to hard to come by, then Scar-L

2). Kriss & p226

3). Bradley Assault Tank :D ... but within reason, Hummer; lots of room 4 gear, and a big back seat :D

4). Mila Kunis (played some roles where she shot a gun, so progress there), and she is drop dead gorgeous

5). no clue

6). "Gota love my job"

Archived