Anyone prefer comfort over look?

kenshin9

I was just wandering if anyone had any tips of what they liked to wear that is just simply practical and comfortable to a game.

like to hear what rigs and that you use even boots etc to get ideas of what could be the easiest kit to have with you, instead of necessary weight and material burdening you.

pictures would be a plus and some sought of camoflage. but i'm just after some ideas at the moment :).

thanks.

I know a fair few serious players who have dropped down to just belt kits.

Think what you need to carry and how many lines of molle it takes up.

Primary mags (2-4)

Handgun mags (1-2)

Bag of BBs (2)

speedloader (1)

Plus a camelback.

I generally leave an empty bag in the safezone and carry a whole days play on a belt. You want comfort, carry what you use.

As for boots, they are the most important thing. I cringe when the noobs turn up in their trainers >.<

I wear magnum classics, I have 2 pairs. A work pair and an airsoft pair. I own no other footwear.

cheers for the fast replies guys.

i've not heard of these ksk trousers before, i hope they are everything im hoping they are to be. i forgot to mention i wanted to opinion on comfy trousers and top combo ha dont know why every pair of combats i've worn never seem that comfortable to me... but thanks for aswering already!

look forward to hearing the different things people use.

P.S i thought magnums would be the one, think i need to finally get me some of them.

I've tried quite a lot of lightweight rigs, as I hate carrying more than I need too. At the moment I'm using a Warrior 901 chest rig with 5 fastmag pouches for AR15 mags, and a twin pistol pouch for 1911 mags. It's also got a small utility pouch at one side that I can fit a smoke grenade or other such item in. I wear that with a Molle belt, with a small admin pouch for spare ammo, fags, and a BB grenade. It's also got a dump pouch on the back that mainly gets used for carrying a tin of gas.

That and BDU's is pretty light and nothing really sticks out, which is nice. I hate snagging on trees and the like, which I found I did a lot when wearing a full plate carrier with double stacked mags.

Another good bet is a Bulle MLE rig, from www.flecktarn.co.uk - You can carry a fair bit of stuff on it, and it's excellent value for money, and has 6 built in mag pouches.

If you're gonna go with a belt rig, make sure you get suspenders or you'll find it sagging. Leg rigs are also pretty handy, just make sure you get one with a decent range of adjustment to ensure it's comfortable.

I know a fair few serious players who have dropped down to just belt kits

As for boots, they are the most important thing. I cringe when the noobs turn up in their trainers >.<

I wear magnum classics, I have 2 pairs. A work pair and an airsoft pair. I own no other footwear.

I find belt kits to be the most awkward cumbersome way to carry kit, I especially hate subloads. I found the instant I got weight off my legs I was faster on my feet, and I found the same when I shifted back to a chest rig.

As for boots, they are designed for marching, especially higher topped boots you'll find are clumsy and not inteded for fast paced direct action scenarios. A sturdy trail runner is the best option for skirmishes.

As for comfort I have not found a more comfortable load carrying system than my Crye CPC, next to that an LBT 1961.

As for shoes I've worn salomon XA Pro 3D ultra 2s for the past year with no issues, If it's really wet I go over to Inov-8 X-Talon mids. Both shoes have preformed admirably in conditions ranging from North Carolina swamps, Texas heat, and Central American cloud forests, I have a pair of Asolo boots that are untouched.

I am however going to order a pair of Inov-8 mids in a better color than black and lime green when I get home.

I have to start off saying that I want my gear to look more realistic rather than being completely tailored towards practicality.

Even though I do run with plate carriers and chest rigs instead of just stuffing everything in my pockets, I do my best to increase the comfort of the gear that I wear. I do try to stick with the basic needs, so I don't stuff up with too much weight and add too much bulk.

I have problems wearing anything but my Crye Combat cut uniform, it's got those knee and elbow pads sown in as well as the breathable torso. It is extremely comfortable to wear and will protect the knees and elbows very well while keeping the body temperature low enough to be comfortable. My LBT6094A is a very comfortable plate carrier that lets me move naturally, of course it is limiting but not as much as others have been. My Rhodesian is a fantastic chest rig, the most comfortable thing I have ever worn, though it is my first and only chest rig, there are others out there that look better but this one suits my needs.

If I might need anything I will leave it in the safe zone rather than carrying it around all day. I like my gear to be trimmed down to the bare essentials, however, like I said earlier, I do like my gear to be realistic looking so I'll add a helmet when I play on MOUT fields, to look the part but also to protect my head. Everything has some sort of purpose even if it looks more high speed low drag than actually having a suitable and practical purpose.

It's all a trade off to me, I've played in various ways, various gears and I have come to liking a realistic but practical kit to be my favorite.

I have evolved my gear down to a blast belt and thigh serpa.

Yeah, its all quite heavy for a belt, but its a good belt and worn tight on the hips so it moves nowhere. It also leaves my chest/back to breathe as I accumulate heat quite badly.

I wear usually claw gear TDU trousers for the pads.

My boots I definitely prefer higher ones for the same reason I ditched my mesh goggles. Confidence that my equipment allows me. I know that if I tread on something in higher sturdier boots, I'm less likely to roll my ankle.

Same way that I know if I'm up close with something over my eyes that is ballistic rated, I'm not gonna get BB penetration or shards from a broken BB.

To be true to the original question, I have always preferred function over form. But form does play a role in my kit decisions.

I go fully for practicality, and mince around in a belt kit and camelbak, and use dpm cos it's easy to get hold of, cheap, and does the job.

I gave up carrying what I didn't really need a while ago, but will still use my arktis assault vest if running my M4, and that doesnt even have any Molle on it (gasp! The horror!)

Function over form every time for me :)

Depends on the gametype to be honest. If the game requires a specific look then I will go for it but a normal cqb sunday skirmish I will generally just run a pistol and a TT molle belt with a few pistol mag pouches, a canteen pouch and a dump pouch over a pair of overalls or some such.

I don't post often here.. or anywhere for that matter but here goes.

I've have chest rigs, plate carriers, subloads etc and been geared up to the teeth. The strange thing is that after wearing all this kit during the morning games, after lunch time most people seem to be mincing around with about 50% of the gear they started off with! After noticing this I tried to cut my gear down.. It's now got to the point where I literally carry a claymore bag with 2-3 hicaps, bag of bbs, radio and some water. No pistol as I find it's practically a dead weight (unless you plan on using it a lot). With footwear I wear a pair of Merrell Refuge Core Mids. Really comfy and a bit flash :)

So there you have it. My comfy lightweight loadout.

Standard loadout for me:

MBSS with a MAP, battle belt and a serpa theigh rig. Totally loaded with water it's about 15 pounds of extra gear with my helmet. Running midcaps: 2 on the belt, 4 on my chest, 1 on my back and 1 in the gun. 2 1911 mags on the belt, 2 on the chest. It's pretty comfortable for me but if I tear it down I'll wear a soft ballistic vest for protection (see avatar), because I hate when my chest and back get torn up, and a battle belt.

I always wear knee pads, hatch X's and Merrill MOABs. Your footwear make all the difference in the world and hiking boots are by far the best decision I've ever made.

I, honestly, rarely carry hyrdation. My second setup is a straight RRV with 4 mag pouches. Lightest rig you'll have similar on par with an SKS rig.

Definitely loving the low-weight kits. I run Hunk's old ATS slick with 5 primary mags, 2 .45s, and a GP pouch. Serpa on my right thigh and dump ouch and I'm good. I can use a camelbak if needed for longer games. I got rid of the bulky, thick-material'd combat suit and wear 5.11s and a flannel now. "PMC" I can call it. :rolleyes:

Chest rig with a lighter belt kit works for me. I HATE HATE HATE going back to staging to resupply. That being said I can still fit a day's (6-8 hours) worth of stuff into my 1961A with speed reloads, handgun, and dump on my belt.

Longer than that and I usually stash my AITES pack at an infield position.

For looking cool I have a BHI low-vis and a PT Helmet. Although the PT helmet can come in handy if I do MOUT and for NODs so the only super cool looks part is the low-vis.

Knee pads are Arc'teryx with Merrell boots.

I cringe when new players swear gear will only slow them down as they stop every ten seconds to pick up the things falling from their pockets. :rolleyes:

To the opposite spectrum I cringe when players have 3 day assault packs for 6 hour games and still manage to run out of supplies.

I quite often now just run my Arktis 42 chest rig (sometimes over a MBSS if its warm and I am just wearing a UBACS). In that I can carry all 6 mags for my rifle. Speedloader, loose ammo, canteen, 2 BFG's (again if needed) and BFG kit.

Its light, easy to move in and very comfy. If you need to you can belt mount a pistol and use a daysack for longer games.

Lightest rig you'll have similar on par with an SKS rig.

When I want to run lightweight, I use a Chicom SKS 9-pocket chest rig I picked up for $10. Perfectly holds M4 mags. Camelbak for hydro. Padded suspender belt rig with radio, pistol and mags, dump, bombs, small util with extras, and IFAK. It get insanely hot out here, so lighter is better when the temps get above 110F.

I prefer Milsim airsoft, rather than speedball airsoft, so my gear tends to be real-deal. I don't bog myself down with tons of field gear used in Iraq/Astan, only what works for me. My basic overall principle is having the ability to swap between airsoft and real by only changing the ammo/mags.

I have run SAPI plates and such. I nearly passed out from heat exhaustion in the summer. I wish I still had them as they were perfect for CQB/MOUT games in the fall and winter.

For me it is just using a smock with a chest rig and belt. i carry 8 mags in my chestrig, 2 pistolmags, pistol and essentials (dump, medical, tool) on my belt. All the other goods go in the smock. i can even manage to pack a 48hrs game in the smock, depending if im carrying a small backpack or not. ;)

Hell, yes.

I now run a veltye hugger with 3 aeg mags and a hydro carrier. A belt kit with sidearm, 2 spare mags, 2 primary mags, a dump pouch, 2 bfgs, reloads in a Utility pouch, a multitool in a pistol mag pouch and med kit. Radio pouch goes on either the hugger or the belt.

If a weekend event usually a blackhawk coyote with 3 more mags and relaods, food etc.

back when I was just starting, I'd wear some pants with cargo pockets, a tshirt, ballcap, and replica 5.11 vest. Didn't even bother with a rig belt, just attached my pistol to the trouser belt (not the best idea always, admittedly...). But the rest of it was light and comfy. the 5.11 vest has two bottle pockets in the back that are good for gas and a bottle of BB's. 2 hi-caps+one in the gun and a camelback meant I could stay in the field for quite some time. Unless I got shot, of course :D

Archived