Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Booked in for my first game in about three months on Sunday. Will be interesting to return to the field. Especially if they'll let us use TAG rounds (waiting to hear from the site's insurer).

Unfortunately my hop rubber only got dispatched late this afternoon. >.> Meaning it probably won't turn up until Thursday which was the day I'd set aside for maintenance, not fetching the thing from my landlord  (or worse waiting for it to go back to the depot for collection next day) It is only the rubber and nub though so if they've put it in a huge box I'll be mad, even though the postage seemed a bit excessive for a small jiffy bag/box.

I wouldn't like to be responsible for that phone call.

'I was wondering....um...would it be OK if...umm.. we allowed players to use grenade launchers?

'Grenade launchers?'

'Yes...Grenade launchers'

'Launchers that shoot grenades?

'Yes'

'You want to shoot explosives at people?'

'Ummm.  Well yes, but it's only tiny, little bit of explosives.  That's OK isn't it?'

'Hmmm'

Why can't Britain (hasn't) Got Talent be more like the Ukraine version.

They have strippers and pole dancers and are those uber-hot Eastern European types that don't need a ton of fake tan to look 'good'.

Stupid UK TV being boring and having watersheds and such. I want to watch a 15 film in the afternoon and see pole dancers in lycra going at it to Tainted Love, not bloody 'street bands' that all look the same <_<

Also the Lego Movie was so damn epic and I am drowning out the sounds of cars going by outdoors with 'Danger Zone' again epic.

'FireKnife'

Yes it bloody well is.

Also watching this video in hindsight makes me realise that truly someone needed to improve on firearm techniques:

http://www.historicfilms.com/tapes/14734

That and stop giving everyone revolvers. I am sure they had reliable enough autos in the 50s :P.

'FireKnife'

Why not?

I mean it isn't like it is going to kill you, it isn't like you are using a meat common for food poisoning.

Also my day is awesome because it just is. Managed to work out a case at work that was bugging me and that alone has made my day.

Finally two tyres and a simple two minute repair that I just didn't have the tools to do cost me £90 all in and works a treat. Having no car for 24hrs was horrible.

'FireKnife'

Why not?

I mean it isn't like it is going to kill you, it isn't like you are using a meat common for food poisoning.

True. Hopefully I'll have a batch made up to take to GZ with me.

Might even give bacon jerky a go, though pork is a bit riskier. 

Food in the field as I try not to go back to the campsite during the day if I can help it. 

Last year I had breakfast at camp, and took an MRE in my pockets/pouches to heat and eat in the dead zone time around lunch time, then was OK until after play ended for the day.

I figure that I have to sit in the dead zone for 5 minutes anyway, I may as well make use of the time there. ;)

I've got it in my head that I'm gonna make my own beef jerky.

This could be fun.

Or it could end in sickness.

Do it, its easy. The hardest bit is making the marinade!

Watch cooking times though, Mt first batch dried out too much :)

I have just bought a pot of ink and a syringe with 5 needles for £5.39.  That would give me roughly 39 fountain pen cartridge refills that would have cost me £22 in proper ink cartridges going by the WHSmith's site. Score.

My parts arrived today, not bad considering they were dispatched yesterday. Good old Royal Mail, genuinely never had a problem with them.

So tomorrow is upgrade day!

Lucky *bramston pickle*.

Those *suitcase*-s are the bane of my life <_<

'FireKnife'

I meant it's hard to pick what to put in it, so many options!

Ah right. :)

I'm gonna do a few different small batches to see which I like best. This is the kind of cooking I like, it appeals to my scientific tendencies.

http://www.solid-run.com/products/hummingboard/

Rasberry pi sized and shaped (so compatible with all raspberry pi housings).

Same architecture as RasbPi (so can use same software like RetroPi, RaspBMC, etc)

And AND AND a 1ghz Dual Core with 1Gb of RAM! oooh, that's tempting. 

Especially with the stupidly strong Sterling at the moment. :D

Yep, pretty much. You can turn RasbPi's into XBMC media centres, or fairly fully fledged arcade machines, or a NAS system, or a media centre, network a few up and have your own tiny supercomputer cluster, online radio thingo, web server etc etc.

The possibilities truly are (almost) endless.

Archived