Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

So I said that the bush-league courier tasked with sending the boots I ordered from India messed up. Sure, that they did. But they finally responded and all I learned are good things:

- the tracking number is for a Polish shipping company, not Yodel as they state on their tracking site.

- the parcel left the UK sorting center in Ealing yesterday.

- the Polish company has my phone number attached to the parcel in their system, so if they don't find me home on delivery day, they'll at least give me a call what to do (yonks ago, a British shipping company *fruitcage*ed up and didn't put my number on the label, so the local courier had no idea how to contact me. Since that incident I'm particularly wary of that).

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear that it's not that serious.

Mixed bag - I got my last WE GBB AK74M in from HK. No taxes. Yay!

However, the two other boxes with all my pistols, several rifles (including my prized G3 with it's wood kit) got smacked with import taxes to the tune of £100. Which I have to pay, and then claim back. All the contents are personal effects and have been owned for more than 12 months prior to import. Sigh.

At least I should get my G3 back! :3

Mother broke the handle of her carpet cleaner.

I found a screw that was almost right to replace it, then popped the screw in the drill chuck and turned it down with the hand file until it was perfect.

I like fixing things.

Bought a Ducky DK9087 Shine 2 on Ebay, I basically stole it.

I asked the lady what kind of keys it had and she didn't know so I coached her through working it out without removing the keycaps (she wasn't happy doing it).

Took a punt that she was right and got a keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches for peanuts.

So happy, if she had put Cherry MX blue in the advert she'd have made £40 more easily.

Bought a Ducky DK9087 Shine 2 on Ebay, I basically stole it.

I asked the lady what kind of keys it had and she didn't know so I coached her through working it out without removing the keycaps (she wasn't happy doing it).

Took a punt that she was right and got a keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches for peanuts.

So happy, if she had put Cherry MX blue in the advert she'd have made £40 more easily.

I hate you a little for that.

Wanted a mechanical keyboard for so long... :(

On a whim I went and downloaded Earth Defense Force 4.1 aka 2025 with updates onto my ps4 yesterday (past midnight here now).

It seems I had been missing insane stupid shooter game for much of the past few years.  I could spend all day making the ai troopers sing the EDF song whilst mowing down giant insects with machine gun and rocket launcher.  Truly a gem of a game.

"To save our mother Earth from any alien attack

From vicious giant insects who have once again come back

We'll unleash all our forces

We won't cut them any slack

The E.D.F deploys!"

Had a great weekend.

Cleared my shed out, went to the tip in my mate's van.

Fixed a leaky radiator,

Put edging strips down on my laminate floor.

Got a Ducky keyboard with Cherry MX blue switches for peanuts.

My mate found a very rare Mac tools 1/4" extension set on ebay and emailed me the details.

Then spent a load of time with my amigos playing GTA 5, finally got a Hydra and a minigun.

Brill.

All I have to do now is get some time in the Hydra without my bro shooting me down or Tink Jacking me.

Great day at Longmoor w/ Skarclaw yesterday. Took the new AUG out for a spin, definitely made a good choice buying it! Had an impromptu meet with BadaBing, nice chap.

Had a cracking moment halfway through the day. Around 15 of the tan team had flanked around behind Pretoria Close, a row of houses near the north side of the compound. They had pushed up halfway left down the row; their rearguard firing at a couple of us through the gap inbetween two of the right-most houses. Managed to coordinate people to suppress the rearguard so I could run up and chuck a BFG. Managed to kill the two rearguard as well as a few reinforcements. Ran through, turned left, killed the rest of them. One of those moments where it all just "clicks", you're not hesitating about turning a corner, you reload without panicking despite someone being in front of you etc. etc.

That is good.

It's the GTA.

Anyway, I was at the dump at the weekend.  I was naughty.  I dropped off a load of broken stuff and saw a shiny thing in the appliances bin.

It was a 9" Makita Circular Saw.

I brought it home expecting a blown fuse or worn bushes, worst case I just throw it away like the last guy.

There is nothing wrong with it, nothing, 100% function.

It is a proper, robust saw, at least 22 years old since it has a old school non-moulded plug on it..

Same :)

Edit. I'm dreaming about toys. I want a 4x4 for dicking about in in winter. Throw some camping kit and the dogs in and shoot off to the lakes.

But dreams grow. And I want a unimog. Or 2. Especially the baby 411. It's tiny, impractical and has a 34hp engine. But I wants it.

Archived