KWA KRISS Vector... here we go!

memberTGC

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait non-existent recoil?

So you know, like the real thing is trying to replicate, just much easier in an airsoft toy :P

As for the high FPS why do KWA do this, even if it is a wholly KWA USA design the average CQB game is done at 350 fps on .2s so why the far too high FPS?

'FireKnife'

FPS isnt an issue, theres ALLWAYS a way to reduce. Im thinking the little mod done on the KJW 10/22 would work.

Also how much you wanna bet RA-Tech will come out with an NPAS sortly after release. Theres Dangerwerx too, made a damn good floating valve for the KWA MP7.

None the less they have a firing proto :D finally!

Wait non-existent recoil?

So you know, like the real thing is trying to replicate, just much easier in an airsoft toy :P

As for the high FPS why do KWA do this, even if it is a wholly KWA USA design the average CQB game is done at 350 fps on .2s so why the far too high FPS?

'FireKnife'

You could probably make a restrictive floating valve like you can for the MP7 and solve that problem....the stock KSC Japan MP7 comes with basically an aluminum plug compare to the thin dart that the Taiwan/US version comes with...

'FireKnife'

Bit of a silly statement! Thats like going to Aston Martin and saying 'oh the speed limits 70mph so dont bother having a car that will go faster'

Bit of a silly statement! Thats like going to Aston Martin and saying 'oh the speed limits 70mph so dont bother having a car that will go faster'

The difference is you can drive an Aston Martin without modification at 70mph or less, the Kriss on the other hand will need either an aftermarket part or modification for it to be usable at a lot of sites, if it's a case of fitting a new floating valve then at least it won't be expensive to reduce the fps.

What would you prefer; built to run hot and not fall apart or built to run soft and then have it explode on anything but duster?

And of course this is just a pre-produciton item. Who knows what it will run at when it goes live.

What would you prefer; built to run hot and not fall apart or built to run soft and then have it explode on anything but duster?

And of course this is just a pre-produciton item. Who knows what it will run at when it goes live.

What does muzzle energy output have anything to do with the structural integrity of the product? :rolleyes:

I think he is implying that the higher muzzle energy is result from more powerful(I guess, more powerful than r134a/duster) gas use, which means the gun could survive the use of powerful gas.

Not an inaccurate assumption, considering again, the Japan version of the MP7(a lower power gas market) doesn't really like to be used with propane and that the Taiwan/KWA design has thicker wall nozzle...

What does muzzle energy output have anything to do with the structural integrity of the product? :rolleyes:

Muzzle output is secondary. Running it hard and hot now will help them indentify any under engineered parts and remedy that before it's up on WGC and Redwolf and people are breaking 2 day old guns.

I think he is implying that the higher muzzle energy is result from more powerful(I guess, more powerful than r134a/duster) gas use, which means the gun could survive the use of powerful gas.

Not an inaccurate assumption, considering again, the Japan version of the MP7(a lower power gas market) doesn't really like to be used with propane and that the Taiwan/KWA design has thicker wall nozzle...

Muzzle output is secondary. Running it hard and hot now will help them indentify any under engineered parts and remedy that before it's up on WGC and Redwolf and people are breaking 2 day old guns.

If you're correlating muzzle energy with the gas used as RM said, then sure, it's not an inaccurate assumption; but it's not the only assumption that can be derived from their current prototypes.

I just skimmed the vid uploaded by Interficium and as far as I can tell the inner barrel is shorter than the KWA/KSC MP7, and the MP7 does around the same energy output in Hong Kong on a mild day (1.42J if you take 350fps and 0.25g). From that alone I can conclude that the nozzle/valve/mag combo already shoots harder than the MP7 if the barrels were equal.

Running it hard with a restricted nozzle to lower fps wouldn't be reducing the amount of stress it'll experience when the bolt cycles too. The blowback is dependent on when the nozzle closes, not how thick/thin the nozzle is. That said shouldn't a faster closing nozzle provide a much more impulsive blowback as the high gas pressure is directed towards pushing the nozzle back faster?

As to what RM said, I think you'll agree a thicker wall nozzle wouldn't affect the output of the gun significantly, if all other things being equal, and the nozzle ID and nozzle opening for the magazine remains the same dimensions.

KJW's run on CO2 and only output some 350-380 fps IIRC from what Darklite told me about his CZ75 and they run fine under the CO2's stress, which can be felt as a significant difference compared to the green gas mag. And that's still under the 390 fps the prototype Kriss shoots (and the barrel length looks about the same).

That being said, it's still a prototype, so it's up to KWA to redo the specs for their final production model. My gut feeling tells me that it'll remain 1.42J OOTB though. Or they'll go the MP7 route having a low power bolt available a few weeks/months after the Kriss is released.

BTW my thicker wall nozzle comment is specifically for dealing with higher power gas's extra stress...not necessarily for holding pressure, but to deal with faster speed the gun cycles, both in actual bolt speed(impact energy) and cyclic rate(faster fatigue). If a gun is designed to run with more powerful gas, then its likely that it'll probably be more durable down the line...

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=KWA-GBB-KRISS-BK

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?item=KWA-GMAG-KRISS

Shows in WGC of all places...anyways $300 is a very acceptable price. $55 per mag is pushing it though...

Weird that this even came out at all, I heard production had stalled.

find it weird how its cheaper to pre-order at WGC then at GI or Air.Extreme . That and that they have mags listed already where no one else does. Hopefully the mags will be a bit cheaper, and a lower fps bolt be made soon; as even here in states, near me CQB limit it 350 w/ .20's.

Either way, can't wait for mine, pre-ordered 6months ago

Archived