Blog: Magpul PTS announces the PDR AEG

talon_0315

the New G36 jg costs about as much as the Ares. At least where I buy them. Don't know for others.

Hey, if you can do it, like I said before, that means anything in between those ROF and power levels would be build-able! :D

So in general ARES can be counted as having aftermarket support, or are you saying that their stock parts in your experience are easy to get?

Not necessarily.

Ok, after market support should be better, especially on accessories.

If you see their site it's mind blowing they don't sell anything in the big 3 HK shops. Or is it only for domestic use?

I don't know.

I take my time researching regarding parts, and some parts I just make myself based on the actual function on the part.

Regardless of what the PDR will be on the inside, players will still want to open it and fiddle with it.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the New G36 jg costs about as much as the Ares. At least where I buy them. Don't know for others.

Not necessarily.

Ok, after market support should be better, especially on accessories.

If you see their site it's mind blowing they don't sell anything in the big 3 HK shops. Or is it only for domestic use?

I don't know.

I take my time researching regarding parts, and some parts I just make myself based on the actual function on the part.

Regardless of what the PDR will be on the inside, players will still want to open it and fiddle with it.

I see you're in Belgium, so perhaps it's a UMAREX thing? :P The Ares being around the same price as a JG. Cheapest Ares G36 I found on WGC is USD 204 and most expensive JG G36 I found was USD 141 :P

Don't think there's a 'domestic use' issue here with Ares parts, it's just hard to get a hold of from what I understand, but I won't go further, already derailing the thread as it is :P

I see you're in Belgium, so perhaps it's a UMAREX thing? :P The Ares being around the same price as a JG. Cheapest Ares G36 I found on WGC is USD 204 and most expensive JG G36 I found was USD 141 :P

Don't think there's a 'domestic use' issue here with Ares parts, it's just hard to get a hold of from what I understand, but I won't go further, already derailing the thread as it is :P

bought mine at Ehobby more than a year ago under Ares brand. Altogether costed me 150€ including shipping and taxes. Umarex nowadays are S&T AEG's.

Friend of mine used to sell JG G36c for 80€ in his store a couple of years ago. other stores at that time asked 120-160€. Chinese is mostly ASG or Cybergun.

Prices vary heavily depending on where you buy from.

Even for high end AEG's.

So anyone know if there will be a DE version of this PDR?

Nothing been announced thus far regards other colours.

To be honest, as with ACR and FPG, this seems like the ideal candidate for a paint job to me. Nice big flat surfaces, not too complicated in shape like an AR or AK; bit like a G36 or P90 in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My research concluded 1911's are infamous for bad reliability.

That's quite a claim for a gun that has survived 100 years of warfare...

On topic, I will be interested in seeing if this Magpul release will have a better quality than their Masada.

That's quite a claim for a gun that has survived 100 years of warfare...

On topic, I will be interested in seeing if this Magpul release will have a better quality than their Masada.

its hard to believe, but sadly, there was too much proof . ill still end up buying one XP

also on topic, hopefully this brings me back to aegs. or they make a Magna system conversion like there is with the masada. *drooooooooool

• 1 month later...

So .. the PDR is going to be delayed.

PTS Magpul officially stated this today:

PDR Announcement

We regret to announce that due to the internal adjustment for Personal Defense Rifle (PDR), the product launch of PDR will be postponed.

The Magpul PDR is a conceptual prototype consisting with a sophisticated mechanism that involves a unique and delicate dimension and own gear box design. In order to ensure the better performance for PDR, this requires a precise and intricate testing including design revision, engineering amendment as well as fine-tuning mechanism.

We would like to cautiously finalize all the matter for PDR before an official product launch. We greatly appreciate for your time and patience regarding to the matter of PDR. As a company that prides itself on loyal customer service, we offer sincere apologies and hope that this brief delay will provide the products with better quality.

We promise to keep you updated the status of PDR through the announcement on facebook.

.... One day I shall own one .. One Day!

Archived