Kriss drops KWA

PreacherMan

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they do and it turns out anything like the G&G M4 AEG bodied GBBs, count me out.

Whoever Kriss partner up with needs to have a decent track record, and design the gun from scratch preferably along with the Kard pistol. G&G's co2 pistols are repackaged do overs of a system from the 90s, their GBB rifles are IMO slightly half-assed due to them wanting to make them as conversion kits for their generally quite good(with a few exceptions) AEGs.

Just noticed that G&G has released a suppressor and a suppressor adaptor for the KWA Vector.

Any bets on if this is just the start and G&G may at some point be releasing their take on the Kriss Vector (AEG or GBB)?? 

My bets are just on them jumping on the band wagon like everyone else, before the Kriss was released there was only one compatible suppressor and two compatible thread adapters on the market, now every man and his dog makes them, extremely bad timing on G&Gs part though to announce they're releasing a compatible suppressor on the same day it was announced Kriss has dropped KWA.

I've never bought the whole "recoil mitigation" theory with these guns, if a large metal weights is being forced downwards, physics tell me that that alone would push the gun upwards, not pull it down, untill the back of the stroke AFTER the round was fired and it hits bottom and knocks the gun downwards a little

I think any recoil mitigation on the kriss (realsteel) is simply because the barrel is below your trigger finger, and the super V is just a gimmick and saves a bit of space, if they moved the chamber 3" forward from the grip, you could fit a straight blowback system in it, and I bet it would function just as well, but it wouldnt be 8" thick cause it would be conventional, but it would be alot longer and less compact, so win some lose some i guess

I've never bought the whole "recoil mitigation" theory with these guns, if a large metal weights is being forced downwards, physics tell me that that alone would push the gun upwards, not pull it down, untill the back of the stroke AFTER the round was fired and it hits bottom and knocks the gun downwards a little

I think any recoil mitigation on the kriss (realsteel) is simply because the barrel is below your trigger finger, and the super V is just a gimmick and saves a bit of space, if they moved the chamber 3" forward from the grip, you could fit a straight blowback system in it, and I bet it would function just as well, but it wouldnt be 8" thick cause it would be conventional, but it would be alot longer and less compact, so win some lose some i guess

I don't know the facts, so I won't presume you're automatically wrong, but my guess is that the Kriss Vector went through a number of crucial tests, and had a number of 'expert' evaluations performed before releasing the gun. It's safe to assume that more experienced weapon users than us would identify rather quickly if this system were just a gimmick.

On topic, and on the plus side, it seems there's no need to panic buy magazines for this gun, my only worry will be where to buy them. Once current stock at retailers runs dry, which retailer is going to reorder stock of an expensive magazine for an obsolete gun? Not many I would think. Not to mention, there's probably not that many KWA KRISS owners in the UK to even warrant retailers restocking to support current take up.

Will these magazines be available through direct order from KWA, with worldwide shipping? If not, forget the promises that magazines will be available, cause for anyone outside the USA they may as well not be.

The KWA Pro Shop does ship world wide, as do many other of our Authorized Resellers. To place International orders, you may visit our Help Desk at www.kwausa.com/support...once the items are in stock. Just keep checking our Pro Shop for availability.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Just in case anyone wants one Tokyo Model Company have them in stock still. Just ordered mine. Fell in love with the KRISS when I first saw some prototype pictures ages back. What sealed the deal was when I got to handle and fire a real steel KRISS in Vegas over New Years. Was waiting for my local airsoft shop to get one in, but after the news broke of the break down, I ordered one from the lads at TMC.

Get them while there hot and worry about mag/parts issues later.

Anyone know what the deal would be ordering the real steel torch etc from the US in to the UK. Any import issues?

Anyone know what the deal would be ordering the real steel torch etc from the US in to the UK. Any import issues?

Not that I have a Kriss but I bought the purpose built torch from eHobby: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-p-t1-cree-led-flashlight-w-pressure-switch-fit-kriss-vector.html?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=HomepageBigBanner_g-p-t1-cree-led

It's a great unit, very bright and if it is purpose built it should fit perfectly. I thought it was reasonably priced too...

I bought the last KWA Kriss Vector from Fire-Support. It's for the gas gun collection more than for skirmishing. I admit it was always on the 'one day' list, but recent events propelled it to the top of the priority list ahead of various Vipertechs I plan on getting. If Vipertech go bust anytime soon I'll be running tricks.

You know what makes things worse!

I was playing stacked over a 2 ft wall, fell, tried to save my Vector (body will heal!) didnt move quite enough ended up smashing my left knee, can barley walk, and theres a hairline crack in my Vector stock hinge :( Looks like a super repair job, anyone got any ideas?

The controlled parts of the firearm in the UK are practically speaking anything and everything that the gun won't work without, or what the border agent that gets assigned your package thinks the gun won't work without, my guess would be the external shell of a gun would be a total nightmare to get through. Canadian law I imagine will be slightly different, but I'd still expect a few eyebrows to be raised if you brought in the empty husk of a sub machine gun.

May be tough for you to get, but what I use because its convenient to me and its very good, Dental repair acrylic;  2 part: powder and monomer, it bond extremely strongly to plastic, i suppose normal acrylic could work too, but dental acrylic has little red threads meant to simulate blood vessels, but they also act like rebar making it very strong, so you grind away the area thats cracked(so the crack wont grow), fill it in with acrylic, finish/paint, profit

You know what makes things worse!

I was playing stacked over a 2 ft wall, fell, tried to save my Vector (body will heal!) didnt move quite enough ended up smashing my left knee, can barley walk, and theres a hairline crack in my Vector stock hinge :( Looks like a super repair job, anyone got any ideas?

Sure rs cOmpanies could make there own1:1 scale airsoft guns using real parts, would be sweet but it would also put our guns into the real firearm group and you would have to go about following strict laws to own them. If las gave us a rs 1:1 airsoft gun you could just swap out parts and have a real gun

Real sword / norinco already do produce real steel guns with Airsoft internals . Type 97 , ak and dragunov ...

Archived