Kriss drops KWA

PreacherMan

No truth to that statement at all, as well as many others.

Let me clarify one thing, KWA will not cease operation and will continue to have product support for these products. It's only the one product that we will not produce, not the entire KWA line of products. We will have parts and support for those of you that have the product.

KWA is not shutting down or restructuring. No need to shut down as we have been getting regular shipments and have been shipping out products.

It is also a huge overstatement to say that half of the KWA staff QUIT. A few quit to work for another company and a few got let go, however the rest of us are here and it is business as usual.

If you have any questions about products or support, please visit the KWA Help Desk at www.kwausa.com/support.

Thank you all for your support

I'm done with your helpdesk. I literally spent a year and a half waiting for a replacement part to come in and kept getting empty promises until I finally gave up and sold the gun. A year and a half for a trigger spring for the mp7! And this way before you guys discontinued the damn thing!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done with your helpdesk. I literally spent a year and a half waiting for a replacement part to come in and kept getting empty promises until I finally gave up and sold the gun. A year and a half for a trigger spring for the mp7! And this way before you guys discontinued the damn thing!

amen to that! Was looking to get a mock bolt for my M4, they took so long, I just sold the thing haha. 

We will be working harder to push out the rest of the products that have been announced.

I realize we have had some issues getting full parts support, and I apologize that you guys were not able to get what you needed. We are working harder to get a full line of replacement parts from the factory.

We will be working harder to push out the rest of the products that have been announced.

I realize we have had some issues getting full parts support, and I apologize that you guys were not able to get what you needed. We are working harder to get a full line of replacement parts from the factory.

Do you know what the situation is regarding mags for the KRISS?

Do you know what the situation is regarding mags for the KRISS?

There are no trades on the mags (except on the plastic cover for the long version), so unless TDI/Kriss owns the patents for the gas mags (wich I doubt), it shouldn't be a problem.

How's the LWRC relationship? Looks like your house is definitely not in order at the moment, LWRC would seem to be wise to put the breaks on. No answer means no LWRC as far I'm concerned. Get one of those new sub-compact six8's out and you'll have my confidence (and my money).

I wonder what the legal situation is with regards to warranties. Technically KWA (and by default) Kriss entered into a legally binding contract with each purchaser. Should some incident occur that requires parts supply in order to fulfill warranty obligation I would imagine all this other noise to be irrelevant in the eyes of the law.

I guess the real point is what happens after the warranty period has passed, and I guess at that stage the gun is simply obsolete. I think I will retire my Vector to my gun museum (read: collection) :)

I hope KWA has international patents on the Vectors inner workings to prevent other companies copying them, as KWA USA,. how much staff would  they have? I doubt much more than a large airsoft retailer?

Not possible the Super V design was patented already. KWA got license to use that patent that's it.

Seems like it would be DOA. KRISS has apparently yanked the rug out from under KWA. With extreme prejudice, no less.

You can't call out things like that without knowing the circumstances. If something caused half of the US staff to leave then it must've been something pretty bad.

Sort of makes me real glad that I decided to spend my cash on taking my TM Mp5 AEG and throwing a Swordfish kit onto it, to "modernize" it - Money that had originally been ear-marked for a KWA Vector and a handful of mags.  I came out ahead on overall cash savings, and future parts availability, apparently.  Forced short-term obsolescence sucks, when you don't just simply collect. 

Pretty sure mags should be fairly easy for them to keep producing, they just won't have any hint of being Vector ones, after all, the Vector uses Glock 21 mags, so its hardly like they can claim the rights to those (and not to mention I don't think there is anything specific to the Vector mags in terms of gas inner workings, it'll be using the same design that all GBB pistols use, so KRISS can't really touch them on that).

Can't see them selling full mechanisms, like replacement Super V systems due to this, but selling the gas bolt, or the recoil block individually, will probably be very easy to do without it infringing anything.

I love my vector. This (the kwa being dumped by Kriss) doesn't mean, there won't be other companies releasing a vector in the future. Just for my curios brain, I would love to know the reason for half the staff leaving, or if it was just a coincidence.

Archived