Kriss drops KWA

PreacherMan

A former KWA employee, who is now a kriss employee, has stated in this thread that KWA are no longer authorised to make vector replicas. A current KWA employee has stated in this thread that KWA will no longer provide vector replicas but will still have parts and magazines available . I fail to see how that is conjecture or innuendo.

With all due respect, information received from third parties are what in the legal profession is called hearsay evidence, which are generally inadmissible in any court of law. I'm merely saying let's not jump the gun and just wait and see. that's all.

And as I earlier pointed out, the fact that KWA will be allowed to carry on service support, presupposes that not all of the licensing agreement has been discarded.

So let's all calm down. We all stand to lose if KWA's licensing agreement is completely revoked, having invested our hard earned cash to purchase the replica. As for me, I personally do not find practicing with my rs Vector particularly challenging and satisfying (who enjoys paper targets to begin with?), and would much prefer to do milsims with my GBB Vector against moving and intuitive targets.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All textbook correctness aside.

When it looks like a duck, walks and talks like a duck, you have a 99.9% chance it's a duck.

We are not in court, we are on a free forum where 2 people from opposite sites, claim the same thing.

Regarding the service support, Licensing has nothing to do with that.

It all depends on the commercial laws regarding warranty of a said country. It's called consumer protection.

Not every country has these laws.

It's terminated, deal with it, at the end of the day it's just a toy gun.

All textbook correctness aside.

When it looks like a duck, walks and talks like a duck, you have a 99.9% chance it's a duck.

We are not in court, we are on a free forum where 2 people from opposite sites, claim the same thing.

Regarding the service support, Licensing has nothing to do with that.

It all depends on the commercial laws regarding warranty of a said country. It's called consumer protection.

Not every country has these laws.

It's terminated, deal with it, at the end of the day it's just a toy gun.

Its not just the service support. It was stated by someone earlier that KWA will continue providing (manufacturing?) magazines and I guess accessories for the Vector. Either way, that will still require Kriss Arms' consent.

Its not just the service support. It was stated by someone earlier that KWA will continue providing (manufacturing?) magazines and I guess accessories for the Vector. Either way, that will still require Kriss Arms' consent.

GBB magazines aren't a Kriss invention. I don't think they can patent the size of a magazine. 

As for the accessories, if they are non oem, what's the problem?

information received from third parties are what in the legal profession is called hearsay evidence, which are generally inadmissible in any court of law. I'm merely saying let's not jump the gun and just wait and see. that's all.

But they're not third parties. They are marketing and pr employees of the two companies involved.

Its not just the service support. It was stated by someone earlier that KWA will continue providing (manufacturing?) magazines and I guess accessories for the Vector. Either way, that will still require Kriss Arms' consent.

Since the Vector uses a glock magazine, I think we can render moot any suggestion that KWA would need Kriss's consent to manufacture them.

That may be true, but unless there are further official announcements from Kriss Arms, then such claims remain conjectural. I must caution everyone that conjectures and inuendos are often the origin and subject of court action. Nevertheless, my prior assessment seem to be valid, that the entire licensing agreement has not been rendered nugatory or null, since product support will continue.

conjectures and innuendos the subject of court action?...is that in bizzaro world or just the Philliipines? I think in this hemisphere they are referred to as speculation and opinions, which were protected by the various constitutions last time I checked.

With all due respect, information received from third parties are what in the legal profession is called hearsay evidence, which are generally inadmissible in any court of law. I'm merely saying let's not jump the gun and just wait and see. that's all.

And as I earlier pointed out, the fact that KWA will be allowed to carry on service support, presupposes that not all of the licensing agreement has been discarded.

So let's all calm down. We all stand to lose if KWA's licensing agreement is completely revoked, having invested our hard earned cash to purchase the replica. As for me, I personally do not find practicing with my rs Vector particularly challenging and satisfying (who enjoys paper targets to begin with?), and would much prefer to do milsims with my GBB Vector against moving and intuitive targets.

3rd parties such as yourself?

I'm going to read my Vector a story tonight. About how it's mummy and daddy still love it, even though they no longer love each other. I hope it gets the message.

Very tempted to buy a couple of small mags for the vector, but more long mags are needed first. Also, would still love to know what happened, to make Kriss say adios, to kwa.

It's still in the legal hands of both parties. Truthfully, beyond stating whether or not KWA will continue selling components that fall within their own intellectual property domain, no one in either party should be commenting or insinuating impropriety. Especially not on public forums. It's just not a good idea.

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, This might be of interest to all of yall,

I was at a fair sized swap meet for airsoft here on the island. There are a few shops on island who stock KWA products and I heard some interesting news.

One of them is taking pre-orders for more Vectors. I didn't believe it with production supposedly stopping and such, I asked some more questions and found something interesting out from a small shop owner himself: 

Technically, the factory does not HAVE to stop producing Vectors until a court order from KRISS goes through. But until then, they can pump out as many Vectors as they want with no legal ramifications.  I'm not sure what this exactly entails for the rest of the airsoft market, but there are a few shops on the island that will be receiving quite a few more of them. 

Was I BS'ed or is this thing with court orders and the factory true? 

Alrighty, This might be of interest to all of yall,

I was at a fair sized swap meet for airsoft here on the island. There are a few shops on island who stock KWA products and I heard some interesting news.

One of them is taking pre-orders for more Vectors. I didn't believe it with production supposedly stopping and such, I asked some more questions and found something interesting out from a small shop owner himself: 

Technically, the factory does not HAVE to stop producing Vectors until a court order from KRISS goes through. But until then, they can pump out as many Vectors as they want with no legal ramifications.  I'm not sure what this exactly entails for the rest of the airsoft market, but there are a few shops on the island that will be receiving quite a few more of them. 

Was I BS'ed or is this thing with court orders and the factory true? 

May have something to do with this

who *fruitcage* knows though

Do they plan on pumpin Vectors out until the last possible moment when the court order comes through? 

wouldnt you? after burning all that money on R&D and molds for the 700 different parts

Considering how lax they are in Asia for the most part in obeying copyright laws and infrigement claims I would say yeah, that's exactly what they are doing :o

KWA is a US based company. Yih Kai, the OEM is a Taiwanese based company. Both companies are in countries with highly enforceable infringement laws.

Archived