How many magazines are too many?

AFV

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the primary, if it's electric it's five 82rd midcaps, one in the gun and four in the carrier, with a hi-cap in my bag back in the safe zone if the day turns out to need it. If it's gas it's five 50rd midcaps (actually loaded to 30rd realcap), one in the gun and four in the carrier.

For the secondary, one in the gun, and two in a pouch.

[EDIT]Thinking about it, I should probably slim it down, as I almost never use 2/3 of my magazines. I might drop to three mids for the electric primary and two for the secondary; there's no point in carrying weight unless you have to. I'll probably put two primary magazines on my right hip (I'm left-handed) and put my spare secondary mag there too. Time to bust out the Kydex, I think. For the gas primary, I like to carry all five magazines because the gun can vent and then your mag is useless, no matter how many BBs are left in it.[/EDIT]

hmmmm after reading how many most of you equip (3-8) i decided to re-evaluate the amount of mags i carry. After spending god-knows how long in my back garden running about, trying to find a good balance between lightweight and firepower ive decided upon:

1 in gun

4 in vest

5 in backpack.

I carry 750 rounds and I'm a support gunner (450 highcap and 300 highcap) I also carry a bag of 5k rounds on my belt kit, but I've never had to open that in game.

Does mean I'm always fully reloaded by the time we get back to the safezone....

For my AK (AEG), as many hi caps as I can get my grubby mitts on. I don't use them all, but I consider it my god given duty to irritate people who seem to think 'their way' is the 'right way' when it comes to playing Airsoft :P. I have never once (in over 10 years) had an OpFor player catch me sneaking up on them due to my mags rattling.

For my GBBr XM, 8x 30rounders.

Plus 3-4 mags for my Hi Capa.

I have never once (in over 10 years) had an OpFor player catch me sneaking up on them due to my mags rattling.

Personally this has never even entered into it for me - I just get irritated myself about the rattling. I have never worried about being found out because of it, but rather it just ruined the overall feel of the game for me. Similarly I have never cared about people using high caps; whatever allows you to get the most enjoyment!

I use high caps in the P90 because they work (unlike the scores of other folk out there, I've never had a bother with P90 high caps), don't rattle and hold a fair few BB's. Makes for a great lightweight loadout!

Personally this has never even entered into it for me - I just get irritated myself about the rattling. I have never worried about being found out because of it, but rather it just ruined the overall feel of the game for me. Similarly I have never cared about people using high caps; whatever allows you to get the most enjoyment!

I use high caps in the P90 because they work (unlike the scores of other folk out there, I've never had a bother with P90 high caps), don't rattle and hold a fair few BB's. Makes for a great lightweight loadout!

Can't argue with that! Which is a shame, this being the interwebs an' all ;):D

I often find myself bemused by the general assumption that hicap users can't play well, or need to use 100bb bursts. The winding was irritating, but Flashmags have solved that for me.

Saying that, I do like the buzz that running a gbbr with 30 round mags (or 20 if I'm running VN style) gives when playing against hicapped AEGs.

All depends on how lazy I'm feeling really.

That is indeed too many.

Though personally I have six on me when running a pistol. It is the right balance of light while retaining firepower for me.

The only other thing I have is the rubber knife and that is for up close.

'FireKnife'

For my BASR i carry 4X30 mags

for the side arm i carry 4X26 and 3 X50 rds mags.

Gets very heavy with the glock ones so i may revaluate or put some in the pack but i do prefere to be out all day and not need to reload at GZ- makes me feel alive at the end of the day with only 10 rds left.

one mid cap in the gun(weird m4), 6 in the ELBV and one mag in the aep glock (bought the year they appeared and still going hard).

The most I have needed before being hit or ended the game has been 3 mids, so unless you go for the "similar weight milsim_alike" I think is enought.

Anyway maybe the question is if you are going to have time to reload the mags before going back to game or not instead hot many mags wear?

With both my g36 (which is now in bits) and the mp5, I use 1 high cap and 2/3 mid caps as back-up. Never needed the back-up. Pistol is normally 1 plus 3. Though I am now looking at using my pistol as my primary and so need more mags (3/4 total). When I used a P90, I had 1 standard mag and 4 mid caps, never used more than two mid caps. Once I've installed the dangerwerx in the Vector, I'll be using 4 mags in total (also 3 mags for my side arm).

When I used the ak74 as my primary (years ago, the stubby one by Cyma), I literally only used one high cap (with 3 mid caps as back-up) and never used all of the bb's in it. Also had a pistol with two mags, never used more than one mag in game (when I wanted to look cool and get a pistol kill with the five seven by tm).

• 2 weeks later...

Currently running

6+1 120 round TMAGs , (6 in the chest rig and one in the gun) for my primary.

2+1 TM MEU mags (2 on my rig and one in the gun)

I have a bb bag with built in speed loader (holds 2000 Guarder 0.28's) in my rig and bomb up mags walking to respawn.

Jim

I'm really OCD and stuff, and I absolutely hate wasting a shot, almost as much as I hate carrying lots of ammo, I often go to games with some collectors gun I've only got one or two mags for, just cause its fun, and I still wont use all my shots, I pretty much only take a sure killshot, especially when I'm running a mauser with a 24 round mag versus a team of highcap AEGs, no disadvantage, just gotta make em count

Archived