WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at KIC BB gun.. they're in Taiwan so it'll be a bit cheaper. 

My SD is plodding on.. I have the open fronters and am happy. Don't think I will change over. 

Have gotten hold of an old M14 barrel so now all I need to do is get it shortened and then I should be able to use it with a regular VSR rubber! Fingers crossed! 

Dude, a mod just posted above you that posts were deleted and you decide to post that ? :o

Like I said I got my Pantac 3x MP5 pouches, fits no problem. I put the overlap-velcro thingy inside the pouch so they are open top. Good retention with that setup.

I will also try to get around to testing open vs front mags more in detail.

haha, I honestly dont notice the curve even slightly. Doesnt even look off to me. Looks more pronounced on the MP5K but I expect thats due to the front grip.

They fit pouches fine, added some grip tape and ghetto mag pulls (multicam paracord ftw! :P ). Shall order a proper scope mount next week and the Stargateification will be done!

So far I am very impressed. Range is good (better than expected), accuracy is equally good, build quality is the best ive seen from WE. Externally its no VFC internally its no VFC - Thank god. After 100 or so rounds all internals are in good nick so over all I think it will serve me well.  

Edit -

Nonex - Coz lolz

Well... I just tried my magazine pouches again, with the velco straps on top. And I'm not sure if this is a general MP5 thing, or if the WE MP5 magazine curve does have something to do with this.

BUT

When all the mags are inserted, and the velcro straps are in place on top. The magazine to either side of the one you take out, is actually hindered by the velcro strap on the next in turn.

Kind of hard to explain, got a video coming for it.

WE problem, or MP5 problem?

Anyways, like I said I will run open top with the straps tucked down so I don't care.

Screenshot for illustration for now, editing and rendering videos tomorrow:

we_mp5_mags_pouch.jpg

As you can see magazine 1 is blocked by the velcro strap from magazine 2, and magazine 2 is blocked by the velcro strap from magazine 3. Due to over-curvature.

Magazines are seated all the way down in the pouches.

Can I really be the first one to run into this? Everything I have seen so far has been like "nah bro the curve is no problems, fits any MP5 mag pouch..."

What mag pouches are you all using that say these work fine in MP5 magazine pouches?

Also, screengrab of le rail fail LOL

mp5_rail_fail.jpg

He means turn them so that ungodly :P curve is is facing out from you rather than a flat side of the magazine facing out if that makes sense.  But as already mentioned, I don't think that pouch will accommodate them in that configuration.

OK now I got it. Thank you for explaining properly.

I tried it, and they do fit like that.

However!

I am not a fan of that configuration. I always want my magazines in such an orientation so that when I pull them from my pouch with my left hand they come out naturally for a reload without having to move or rotate them around.

Anyways like I said, open top is my style.

But now we have confirmation, the curve is an actual issue!

banana.gif

And running them with front facing outwards from mag pouches just seems derpy as *fruitcage*.

You all lied to me! You bastards! Not a problem my *albatross*

;)

Again, how the heck hasn't anyone run into this before me ?

Archived