WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?

What do I do with the strap that covered the magazine?

And what if I put it back in there and not use a dump pouch? Or re-arrange the magazines? :P

Anyways, enough about that. It's clearly a problem to me, with only derpy solutions. The fact is the WE MP5 magazine curve is way  off spec and causes issues with some standard MP5 magazine pouches.

That's my final take on it anyways :P

No love for the rail fail ? :o

Really?

What do I do with the strap that covered the magazine?

And what if I put it back in there and not use a dump pouch? Or re-arrange the magazines? :P

Anyways, enough about that. It's clearly a problem to me, with only derpy solutions. The fact is the WE MP5 magazine curve is way  off spec and causes issues with some standard MP5 magazine pouches.

That's my final take on it anyways :P

No love for the rail fail ? :o

http://www.lapolicegear.com/bpg-strike-mp5-pouch.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-56161-mp5-double-bungee.html

Problem solved :P

look the curve of the mag is almost exactly the same as a normal ones it just sits at a slightly different angle in the gun, the reason these mags interfere with your pouches ais cause the gas mags are like an inch longer than AEG mags that the pouches are for because these mags gotta go all the way up into the magwell, more length means more overhang on a constant curved structure like this

Jessica and KIC is awesome!!!!!

Asked them to disassemble the guns for shipment and this is how they took care of it!!

Ov7YeTW.jpg

Individually packed

hosuDfi.jpg

Yes, EVERYTHING was heatshrinked and sealed individually!!

7RPuPhp.jpg

Both mp5's as they sit now

l2DKIV0.jpg

(Don't know why. But all the sites I've used auto rotate this image and won't change it back)

Fantastic!

I just did some testing with closed-front vs. open-front in terms of gas efficiency. And the results are pretty solid.

I loaded up each mag with 0.5seconds worth of gas, and them dumped that gas to slightly cool down the mags. This allows for a full gas fill of gas afterwards when gas bottle is slightly warmer than magazines.

Filled gas until I did not hear anymore flowing from the bottle to magazine.

Loaded up 28 rounds in the closed-fronts, 45 in the open-fronts.

Fired 2 rounds per second with each. Until they ran out, then re-filled BBs and repeated.

Room temp was 23C, 22% humidity. ASG UltraAir Power Gas (~120-140 PSI), 0.2g BBs.

The last couple of rounds that didn't feel like full power are sort of exluded from the results, but still accounted for;

Closed-front
-6 (low powered)
50 (56)

Open-front
-10 (low powered)
119 (129)

So yeah. Absolutely a clear winner there.

If anyone wants to do the additional math on rounds capable to fire vs. magazine weight go ahead :P

Also, it certainly felt like the open-front magazine shots had more "umph" to them. I.e. more powerful and more recoil. I will check tomorrow with my chrono to see if I can verify this as well.

I'm happy I never reload the magazines in the field anyway just not worth doing. 

Happy to know I can get at least 50 shots from a closed mag though, should equal pretty decent performance. 

I wonder why the open front mags arnt closed? 

The weight difference is a big plus for me as I can safely dump empty mags in my dump pouch and still run around. With other GBBRs I only dump into the pouch for speedy reloads, otherwise I take my time and strap back into my vest.

It makes me wonder too.. it's only a little extra material.. Still Im sure there was a relatively decent explanation! 

I usually put the mags back in my pouches anyway.. saves them clanging around.. have a dumpy for a speed reload but it almost always makes it way back asap! 

I'm happy I never reload the magazines in the field anyway just not worth doing. 

Happy to know I can get at least 50 shots from a closed mag though, should equal pretty decent performance. 

I wonder why the open front mags arnt closed? 

The weight difference is a big plus for me as I can safely dump empty mags in my dump pouch and still run around. With other GBBRs I only dump into the pouch for speedy reloads, otherwise I take my time and strap back into my vest.

Yes I was kinda bummed about the results :P

But I have to go with looks over performance on this, and weight :P

Even though they shoot more you still have to carry them around and reload BBs for it to matter.

Err... thanks for the conclusive results, back to doing some push ups I guess

I kind of regret getting the open mags now even though they're vastly superior to the closed front ones. 6 of them fully loaded is already weighing about a ton and a half and I don't want to imagine what it would feel like when 3 or more in a dump pouch slapping up against you T.T

Does anyone else have to get used to the mag catch? It seems that the wonky angle of the mag makes for an awkward reload every once in a while. Maybe I need a little more practice, but sometimes I just can't seat the mag properly for the catch to fully engage.

Archived