WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all too surprising. WE has a good track record of listening provided we whine hard enough:

-AK internals were rubbish so they made sure they weren't on the MP5.

-KWA took forever making a Makarov and WE even beats them to the punch.

-Moar 7.62, now the SCAR H is in development.

-King Arms taking too long on their Thompson, WE to the rescue.

That said, their older MP5 mags aren't as horribly curved as some people say it is. At least it's not too big a deal for me when I'm actually shooting it.

Yeah, for me the curve is only problematic for the full size mp5 when I'm looking at it when it's hung on a wall or something, but when I'm actually gaming with it it's not that noticeable, it's a little tight with 9mm long HSGI pouches, but they still fit. That said, the mp5k is more noticeable as it clips my knuckle ocasionally.

*re RC: where my M14 co2 mag at..

Not all too surprising. WE has a good track record of listening provided we whine hard enough:

-AK internals were rubbish so they made sure they weren't on the MP5.

-KWA took forever making a Makarov and WE even beats them to the punch.

-Moar 7.62, now the SCAR H is in development.

-King Arms taking too long on their Thompson, WE to the rescue.

That said, their older MP5 mags aren't as horribly curved as some people say it is. At least it's not too big a deal for me when I'm actually shooting it.

Not only that, but I got another WE AK a few months ago. My hammer hasn't snapped despite having more than 20,000 rounds through it. 

The WE game is definitely improving. They've come a long long way from what they used to be. 

The WE game is definitely improving. They've come a long long way from what they used to be. 

Yes, but they still have a long road ahead of them. If they upped the ante on the metals they use...

As far as out of the box play with WE's GBBRs, I couldn't be happier. Best bang for your buck in my opinion. And I have yet to replace a single part on any of mine. They've all had over 20K rounds fired through them. With my LM4, I had to polish the whole trigger group and underside of the bolt to have it function as smoothly. Might be a lemon but either way. I'm pleased with WE's progress. Now it they stop using cheese they'd probably be top of the GBBR market right now. That and if they gave of that P90 we've all been wanting.

Just saw on Facebook that WE are making new MP5 Apache magazines, non-banana style! :D

I.e. proper curved long mags!

Guess I won't be getting those extra mags I was planning on...

-snip-

Anyone looking to buy 14 open front mp5 mags :lol: :lol:

Wonder what kind of internal design they're going to go with for these new mags?

If those are actually coming out, then it may well be time for me to retire the VFC mp5. Only downside i could really still see to the we then, would be there cant be an SEF lower, cause of the burst fcg. but meh.

How is the burst feature holding up for people anyhow? I would have thought it would be prone to wear.

If those are actually coming out, then it may well be time for me to retire the VFC mp5. Only downside i could really still see to the we then, would be there cant be an SEF lower, cause of the burst fcg. but meh.

How is the burst feature holding up for people anyhow? I would have thought it would be prone to wear.

mechanically the MP5 seems to be very tough, the only failure i experienced, and the folks at Zparts mirrored this experience, is that a little tiny leaf spring on the bottom of the trigger group can break, it prevents the cog from backwheeling, if the spring breaks, the 3 round burst becomes a 4 round burst (oh, the humanity, how awful... now i can do two 2 round bursts at a time)

MP5 motion.pdf

Hop Update -

I had some time this morning to test the hop. Even though I could see the nub pushing down and adjusting the hop when back in the gun there was no adjustment. So looks like you need a new barrel if you want to fit a new hop. Which makes me think why the hell did WE do this? Seems ridiculous especially since the stock rubber tore after probably 500 rounds or so. 

Standard VSR barrel has been fitted with the Falcon grey which I will test when I can. 

Yeah that was my main point a few pages back.. Shouldnt be too much of an issue for most Apaches that have a regular outerbarrel but the SD uses the cap of the suppressor as a barrel stabiliser so that means the inner barrel needs to be the perfect length! Have a friend who is gonna chop the barrel I have from an old m14 that should do the job! I hope! 

So tested the hop today as I managed to get home before dark! 

Falcon Grey + Chopped WE 416 barrel has worked well. Much improved compared to standard, much more stable however the adjustment is still quite lacking. 

Full hop just about hops .28gs successfully, I don't think .3gs would hop properly but if your using it for CQB then your fine for that extra stability/thwack. 

Archived