WE PMM GBB (Makarov PMM updated) prototype (pics and vid)

rusTORK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one in hand now.

Great external finish, good sharp kick on green gas, and very good efficiency, I'm getting two mags worth of bbs with one gas fill, plus a few more full power shots before it dies.

The safety is a little counter intuitive though, it's the exact opposite of a Beretta but in very much the same place.

I'm very happy with it, I'll need a holster and some spare mags now.

Had a CQB game, few notes:

Dunno if it's mine or a general issue, but my makarov can't hop anything above a 0.23g BB. Looking at the schematic the hop up arm is sheet steel so I should be able to bend it down a bit more.

The mag holds 20ish rounds at full capacity.

The makarov is pretty accurate with the short barrel - I didn't try it with the long barrel.

I like it. A lot.

I noticed similar issues with the new M9 from WE and the TT33 also.  WE on their newer models modified their barrel and hop so that it is incompatible with marui hop rubbers, which may have an influence as to the effectiveness of the hop.

They also have a constrictor in the hop rubber so that hop effects at longer ranges are inconsistent.

I broke the steel arm from the TT33 and had to modify a TM Hicapa arm to fit. But with the M9 I found some heat shrink and heat shrunk it around the hop arm, and works like a shim enough to push the arm down a little more to use 0.3g BBs, and stays perfectly in place.

I finally got mine the other day, and so far I'm liking it quite a bit. The two things I don't like about it though, are that the slide catch is kind of rattly, and the barrel block is screwed into the frame, and has a tendency to become loose, making the whole slide wobble. Its a quick fix, but its just annoying.

• 2 months later...

Don't know what that's worth to you as they're completely different models. I believe Briggs has both and while he got the more coveted metal KSC Taiwan version he says WE is still the way to go in terms of functionality.

Cheers fella. Yeah I mean functionality sorry, I should have been clearer. I can't justify getting both as they are pretty similar so it will come down to which performs the best as I don't need either for any particular themed loadout.

I'm still speculating that the failure of his KSC really was out of a foreign object finding its way inside and messing things up. But even if you dismiss what happened as a fluke it boils down to the WE having a larger capacity in gas and bbs, comes with a suppressor and inner barrel extension, VSR hop and now has the brown grips available for a pseudo PM look. Only way anyone would choose the KSC is that they really must have a PM and not a PMM.

Archived