WE PMM GBB (Makarov PMM updated) prototype (pics and vid)

rusTORK

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, maybe to distance them from WE in certain places? Does seem odd they would pull that one back up.

As for me, well I do want one now, at least then I can stop asking where my Makarov is, it has only been 8 years for me but oh well.

'FireKnife'

FireKnife. Please buy the makarov. You have been going on about it for so long. I would be tempted to buy it for you.

I'm not the only one though, this has been one of those pistols nobody could work out why they hadn't released it yet.

I just hoped that enough mentions would see it come true :P.

'FireKnife'

This is one of the few times I am much more likely to buy the unbranded gun than the trademarked version, looks very cheap and toy like, even if realistic. And yes, as said above, WEs silver coating looks to be copper plated first, then finished in the silver. I have a trademarked WE M84 and some areas of the internals have chipped away to reveal the copper. I will probably buy the silver version, but I'm a little wary after my WE TT33 slide cracked recently. The slide is far too thin where they added a realistic removable extractor.  

And yes, as said above, WEs silver coating looks to be copper plated first, then finished in the silver. I have a trademarked WE M84 and some areas of the internals have chipped away to reveal the copper. I will probably buy the silver version, but I'm a little wary after my WE TT33 slide cracked recently. The slide is far too thin where they added a realistic removable extractor.  

That sounds like it's chrome plated, normally the bare metal is plated with copper, then nickel with the chrome plating done ontop of that.

Yeah, WE's silver finish is electroplating. The copper is likely a copper acid wash since the electroplating media won't stick to pot metal. Either way its more durable then the paint that we usually uses.

Where did you get a trademarked m84 BTW? I really like my we m84 and I'd drop some cash on a trademarked one.

Just the design, perhaps it fits the hand better. Like for those people that take a nice, thin 1911 single stacker and go and whack huge, finger groove grips on them?

To me the grip is the only off putting thing given the thin panel look the older PM has but never know, it might be more comfortable than it looks.

'FireKnife'

it isnt, that grip is as uncomfortable as it looks. its the same grip as used on all the baikal mp-654k co2 version and it was one of the 1st things i replaced with the aftermarket pierce grips like this one

96e873b3f602ca2276b55dc3b479f419.jpg

i have this on my co2 pistol and it is much more comfortable than the blocky original as well as being a bit slimmer

also rusmilitary.com sell a red bakalite version as well as a wood grip, although the wood seems out of stock atm, these grips are for the co2 air pistol but look like a good place to start for aftermarket grips

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/airgun_mp654K.htm

Where did you get a trademarked m84 BTW? I really like my we m84 and I'd drop some cash on a trademarked one.

WGC have silver and black ones with wood grips - a little pricey for a WE, but the trades are very nice and crisp and quality/build feels good.  Very pleased with mine, I'm tempted to buy the black too and swap parts over to make a duo tone. 

http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=OT-PS-WEM84SV&search=special&rs=m84&catid=&cat=&view_choice=b

http://www8.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=OT-PS-WEM84BK&search=special&rs=m84&catid=&cat=&view_choice=b

20150104_104111_zpse8a3211f.jpg20150104_104105_zps022c1a51.jpg

Yes... it says .360 Auto  :huh: 20150104_104034_zpsoi9z1sth.jpg

If the PMM silver finish is as nice as that on the M84, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, I will buy one, but only once I see some good shots of the inside of the slide so I have some confidence it won't explode. Something I really like about WEs newer finishes is the brushed effect down the flats, it's a nice little detail that makes it look more like machined steel. Even the barrel had concentric machine marks that make it look turned.

Had a fondle of the sterile non-marked versions the other day.

The finish on both is really nice - the sides of the slide actually look like they've been machined, very smooth, uniform finish.

The silencer and extended barrel is a bit odd - the extended barrel is an extra section which screws into the proper inner barrel, which has female threads where the crown would usually go.

The grip is a bit blocky but it's ok to hold, points well. I do have massive hands though, so that might not be true for everyone.

The power is about 0.6J (260ish fps with 0.2g bbs) without the extension and 1.2J (350fps) with the extension.

Personally, if and when I get one, I'd be putting in an appropriately sized 6.01mm tightbore to the end of the outer barrel and sod the extension.

Weird. The inner barrel extension screws directly (and separate from the suppressor) into the original inner barrel. That means the effective original inner barrel is made even shorter by the threads. Put in a non threaded tight barrel and you could probably get 260out of that and modify the inner barrel extension to function like Angry Gun's instead.

Archived