DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While it will inevitably be about a decade before this kit ever comes

It has an In Service Date of 09, but it will probably be closer to '10 when its issued generally.

Apparently the uniform might go to everyone, inc. cadets, but the guy who said that wasn't even sure so it might not happen.

And Doc, you'll need a 'tasche and some black nasty over your eyes to complete the Ally look!

It has an In Service Date of 09, but it will probably be closer to '10 when its issued generally.

Fully aware of that mate, but look at pretty much every other major kit procurement project run by the MOD and you'll see why I'm not going to expecting all this to turn up much before 2015. I'd guess it's more an Army led thing so I can't make too many comparisons to RAF stuff, but I'm pretty sure we were meant to have JSF/JCA any minute now if not already, not seeing any of those zooming across the skyline from my barrack block window.

But hey you never know, they might buck the trend.

The standard issue load of dessie stuff takes up 2 black holdalls from what I've heard. Suppose going out there's got to have some minor perks.

'twas two bin bags and a few boxes. Honestly, the best thing I got was some really smart sandals, which will definitely see some beach-wear next summer.

I like the helmet, body armour and weapon upgrades. I also like that the new DPM kinda looks like the old tropical combats.

The new LBE looks tonk and the new desert uniform colouring looks like puke, i really hope this doesnt come into service soon.

Darkchild

Something entirely new to the thread:

p1010050gf3.jpg

Finally got a chance to set it up for use with my ICS L85, though sadly that is currently up a lossie while I'm down in london... ah well. Evidently I've not had a chance to use/skirmish it yet, and I'm not deliberately dragging it through mud or anything; because let's face it that kind of thing is for civvies.