DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I'm alright cheers. Seem to have been battling off the same cold for 3 weeks now; can't possibly think what bought it on... I've been posting in the Regs and Off-topic forums as well for a little while now.

And if helps soothe your skin darkchild, I'm sporting a fetching pair of Lowas there. Best £120 I ever did spend :S

Edited by doc_newstead
Any one know of a cheap place to get DDPM in the US? Or is anyone willing to help me out with getting one from the UK (PM me please)

Try this ebay seller, Most of the stuff on there is pretty cheap also if your buying from the US it would be cheaper than say 6 months ago due to the dollar being stronger.

yes, buy from strikeforce... I spent nearly $500 with him and I sure as hell wasn't disappointed..... Gonna be making another order for some DPM stuff(Trousers, goretex and not, maybe a smock; thus far I really only Have DDPM gear from him... I love it all expect I hate the non stowing-ness of the smock hood, and the fact that it has no separate collar and the wired hood is annoying)

On a non-related note, how do you stow/foldaway/roll away the wired hoods on the current issue DDPM smocks? They are excessively ugly and annoying when not in use and out......

I don't like the hoods either. They get caught on your sling sometimes as well. Some lads just unroll them and flatten them out on the back. I just wear one without a hood.

I keep the hood unrolled and use a single point bungee sling.

No probs at all...

Looking good mate, i like it when people use gear that contrasts with the clothing. I must say the UBACS is my favourite piece of issued kit in years. though i suspect that will change when we get our ACOGs, railed handguards, plate carriers, gentex bulldog helmets, benelli shotguns, sig p229s etc when we deploy this year.

I cant wait.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
If thos Gentex bulldog helmets are the once from the pics of the new PECOC kit i like the look of those

Grim

They aren't. The PECOC helmet hasn't been selected, they're still trialling a few different designs.

The Bulldog helmets are a MICH look-alike, as seen here http://www.specialforceskit.co.uk/store/bu...lmet-p-564.html

I've got to say that I like the UBACS immensely, though the Shoulder padding is incredibly irritating and was binned immediately. I still haven't a decent picture of my loadout yet due to Uni sucking up time, but I take it the purists won't be offended by CB MOLLE gear over DDPM?

I Dont mind the padding i just take the forearm padding out as i normally roll my sleves up. I still need to give my osprey another run as im ever changing it still trying to find the way i truly like it. But may end up trying out my Coyote CIRAS seeing you just gave me the idea DC. Shame i cant skirmish on sunday due to needing to do my CFT for my bounty.

Grim

Edited by Grim

Here's my DDPM loadout as of now - I need to sort out getting the CIRAS to hang lower - even with it adjusted to the longest settings it's still not long enough - and I'll be adding a Beige Beret later.

GEDC0006.jpg

M4 is a springer, placeholder for a HK416.