2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guarder barrel and nine ball hop rubber arrived today at 3.30PM

I have to say that I am very pleased with the appearance and finish. The difference between this and the stock WE outer barrel is huge. Didn't make any difference to performance and required no modification to fit (as you would expect!). One thing I noted is that it just slides on and off the hop unit unlike the original where you needed to unscrew a holding plate. That does make maintenance easier but I was worried that it would affect the workings. Turns out that once it is installed in the rest of the gun, the hop can't get out anyway but I'll have to see if it gets loose after some proper testing.

The nine ball bucking fits very snugly unlike the WE which came off a bit too easily. That at least should improve the seal even if the special internal bits don't make any difference.

My camera has run out of batteries so unfortunately I can't take the pics right now. If I can dig out some AAs then I'll post tonight.

EDIT: I took some photos with my camera phone. I'll upload them in a minute if they turn out OK.

Edited by CobaltSky

Damn, that barrel looks sweet. Wonder if it's too late for an addition to my Christmas list for the wife? :P

I take it the action and everything is still good? And no modification (filing, etc..) needed? Looking better and better for my first 4.3 customisation.

Well, add a metal slide, re-finish the frame and metal slide and controls in that gun metal/titanium colour.

Ah, I see, I thought you were saying you weren't bothering with that when you said "Without the high Titanium content" - That really would be airsoft overkill! :D

Cheers.

Well i've posted pics of my hi-capa before but i think it was all stock photos. since then ive gotten an sti eagle metal slide and just today i got a PDI 6 inch precision barrel with silencer attachment and a king arms HK pro silencer. i know its a 9mm silencer on a 45 but unless you know your hicapa mine doesnt say 45 anywhere anymore.

gun with silencer

IMG_2870.jpg

slide left side

IMG_2872.jpg

slide right side

IMG_2875.jpg

closeup on silencer

IMG_2873.jpg

with the new barrel(i believe its a 6.05) it shoots threw one side of a coke can on 134a everytime which is didnt before. i am waiting till tomorrow for propane tests and range tests because its pitch black outside now.

please excuse the rail holes. i thought it would look good with that stupididly huge UTG pistol light and didnt wanna buy a railed frame. i was wrong but hey who looks at the bottom of the gun?

Edited by chalupa5199

General FYI, there are many double stacker 1911s ARE indeed 9mm for the capacity, function and overall lack of hard recoil of a .40 and a .45.

Nice looking gun... if I do indeed stay in the sport I might be hunting down a 2011, comfort, and just great feel of the 1911+ high capacity is a winning combo.

I miss my P.14 I :shout: wish WA would re release the good old P.14s again SCW2 and there be a relatively easy to find metal frame and slide kit for it...

Edited by ColSanders