2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question

im getting a hi capa 4.3 and wondered if its in anyway possible to fit a SD rail frame then buy a 5.1 slide, barrel and all that?

i know there different sizes but are all the "blowback" parts able to fit in a 5.1 slide?

cheers guys (bit of a gbb noob here)

D

Seems like I solved the problem.

After a bit of filing and the addition of a for the disconnector it works great with a nice and smooth trigger pull :D 

Sorry for double post

With the addition of a spring of course :rolleyes:

Question: Why doesn't the SCW3 system feature a spring for the disconnector?

Why not just get a 5.1 in the first place, IIRC the internals should fit, but the sight from the 4.3 will be novaks and wont fit in the bomar cuts on the 5.1 slide.

theres a deal to good to miss

im just drawing up images in my head and wondered if they were possible

so it is do able then?

Well you would have to replace the inner and outer barrels, which means getting one of the one peice ones or the SD ones and a new chamber. Then you would have to buy the frame and slide and some of the first factory combat sights, which look like overly long novaks that fill the bomar cut or the sight bases for the docter sight replics (the very little red dot sights). The controls and grips should fit on the frame fine, but I have heard that the 33rd hi cappa mags do not cause the slide to lock back on the 4.3s, so you may need to use the 4.3 mags. I can't see why any of the parts should be incompatible as they are of a very similar design and most places list parts as being for the 5.1, 4.3 and 1911 as they are all very similar inside and out.

The mags are fully interchangeable between 5.1 and 4.3, I swap mine all the time.

The only real difference between the two are frames, outer & inner barrels, recoil guides and sights. Everything else is the same.

Also the trigger mechanism is different (sear and vale knocker) between the Hi Capas and the 1911 in Tokyo Maruis.

thanks for the help guys

as a lil "project" im planning to make a kimber-a-like hi capa but im starting with a 4.3 because its that cheap (in a sale with a team mate)

base

http://www.pyramydair.com/images/AFHiCapa4.3.jpg

install a TLE frame

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/fa_...hc51rctlebk.jpg

kimber slide (i know i need the barrels and stuff)

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/images/pgc_sl_tmhc_kimb.jpg

then if im able to fit the TK grip

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...I43GBKL_srch_TK

if theres anything bad in my plan please let me know (PM if you dont want to spam the thread)

cheers guys

and love the grips ViciousV10s :D

Edited by BigD_SealTeamXXL

Funny, since I just finished that gun (but I used a SD Slide with Kimber sights).

The TLE Frame is pretty hard to find, and it really doesn't work so well with the TK grip. I had problems lining everything up. It might just require milling the grips a little so they don't get pushed out of alignment, but I am thinking about selling it anyway, so I haven't worked on it much.

Don't forget the longer recoil guide rod.

Looks great Vicious... what brand of Doctor replica is that, and how is it working out for you?

Thanks, it's the Samurai OP Red Dot Sight and is very comparable to the Firepoint/Optima2000s I had on three of my Glocks. For airsoft purposes it's great, not sure how it would hold up to RS recoil tho.